REG Study Group Q1 2017 - Page 2

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 1,482 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    HoosierCPA
    Participant

@Claudia408 I actually can't comment on the Ninja but just wanted to drop in and say you aren't alone!!! I'm also on my 5th attempt!!! They say 5th times the charm right??!!

AUD - 80
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 78
    REG - 89

FAR - 78
    REG - 72,74,71...please just go away REG nobody likes you!
    BEC - 82
    AUD - Aug 16

Claudia408
    Participant

@dtatham10 – 5th time better be a charm bc if i end up taking it for #6 in april, i won't know if i passed until august and i will lose BEC after april.

how are you studying this time? you prob feel like you know your stuff at this point… but what's so frustrating is the mix of questions they ask you…for me… attempt #3 i did comparable on mcq/weak SIMs. attempt #4, weak MCQ/strong SIMs. just can't get the right combo and pull it together!!

BEC 65, 71, 75
    AUD 62, 70, 78
    REG 67, 66, 65, 66, 64
    FAR 68, 64, 73

BEC - 75 (3x)
    AUD - 78 (3x)
    REG - 67, 66, Aug 1
    FAR - 54, Sept 8

HoosierCPA
    Participant

@claudia408 I feel like I've tried it all. My study material has been Becker, Ninja MCQ, and Gleim. I purchased Gleim the last 2 weeks of my last attempt solely for the SIMS. Everyone has raved on them and I can see why they are beneficial but the sims on my actual exam still managed to trip me up :/.

For this attempt I am working back through Becker chapter by chapter. I felt like its much more structured the Ninja, however I feel like Ninja does a good job at showing you where your weaknesses are with their detailed score report. I also purchased Becker flash cards (really trying anything at this point!) to glance at during dead periods of the day. Finally, I'll use Gleim primarily for my SIMS again. I'm not going to kill myself with studying–I burnt myself out my last attempt. I need a functioning brain this time for the exam lol.

How have your first 4 attempts been? Are you scoring close to passing?

AUD - 80
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 78
    REG - 89

FAR - 78
    BEC - 82
    AUD - Aug 16

Claudia408
    Participant

@dtatham10 – my scores were all pretty much the same: 67,66,65,67… final scores are all similar but the breakdown is totally different. finally got over the SIM hump getting stronger last attempt, but bombed MCQ. what they ask really is luck of the draw, at least for me. it sounds like it is for you too, they are bound to ask the right mix of questions at some point!? lol.

this attempt gonna keep hammering weak areas, dissecting the questions and not worry about how many i go through versus trying to pick up on the concept and what they are asking.

BEC 65, 71, 75
    AUD 62, 70, 78
    REG 67, 66, 65, 66, 64
    FAR 68, 64, 73

BEC - 75 (3x)
    AUD - 78 (3x)
    REG - 67, 66, Aug 1
    FAR - 54, Sept 8

JMG
    Participant

@Claudia408 I got up to around 600-700 of the Blaw done in two weeks, but I decided to work the MCQs first because I couldn't stand reading through the material in the book (beyond boring). If you don't have time to do all of them, I'd suggest breaking it down to sub-sections and just focusing on your weaker areas.

Your fail scores are like battle scars, so wear them proudly!

REG - 76 (expired 7/31/18)

BEC - 69, 72, 80

AUD - 62, 70, 74

FAR - 50, 60

HoosierCPA
    Participant

@claudia408 honestly part of my strategy every time for these REG exams is just getting lucky with the questions lol. But looks like we are consistent with our scores mine are..71,74,72,71…this last one was the first time I have done poorly on the mcq's. Like I said before, I think I am just killing my brain with all this studying. I'm trying to walk a fine line between studying enough and not overdoing it.

AUD - 80
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 78
    REG - 89

FAR - 78
    BEC - 82
    AUD - Aug 16

aatoural
    Participant

Guys I am getting scared with those patterns!

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - PASSED
    REG - PASSED
    FAR - PASSED

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - 8/29/16
    FAR - TBS
    REG - TBS

hasy
    Participant

@dtatham10

I'm surprised that you saw my post. So what do you think are your struggles with REG? Is it retention or application? I only suggest the notes because my coworker took REG 4 times and she ended up using the notes (though I don't know if that's the reason she passed). Also, we both had to find our own ways to memorize REG text.

AUD - 83
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 83
    REG - 78
    BEC - 80 (Roger + NINJA MCQ + WTB)

FAR - 72; 83 (Roger + NINJA MCQ)

AUD - 83 (Roger + NINJA MCQ + WTB)

REG - 52; 78 (Roger + NINJA MCQ)

Ethics - 68, 96 (how I dislike you)
    -
    This forum is more addictive than drugs. Still returning after licensure.

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved - Helen Keller

-

BEC 80 (10/23/15)
    FAR 72 (4/2/15); 83 (7/11/16)
    REG 52 (4/28/15)
    AUD (9/9/16)

Roger + NINJA MCQ + WTB

aatoural
    Participant

@hasy – I think using notes or creating your on very well resumed notes (mnemonics and tables that sort of things) and re writing them at east 3 times a week help a lot. I did that for BEC and AUD and passed the first time around. With REG I had so much stuff going on that I passed on that and I regret it since I got a 72. But I guess that is personal to each person. To me it does work.

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - PASSED
    REG - PASSED
    FAR - PASSED

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - 8/29/16
    FAR - TBS
    REG - TBS

HoosierCPA
    Participant

@hasy I'm not sure I can pinpoint what the reason is. For one, there is so much material it's hard for me know where to put my focus. I fail, step back and try to find my weaknesses–focus all my attention in that one area then fail again and this time its in a new area so I focus on that area…so it's just a vicious cycle.

@aatoural
    that's discipline there is no way I could retype my notes 3 times a week–I would go absolutely crazy. My notes that I started from scratch last retake ended up being around 1,500 lines on excel. One thing I did do in my first attempt at REG was memorized a ton of mnemonics. I would write them down probably close to 100 times a day while I was at work. It has basically stuck with me since–so adjustments to gross income, itemized deductions, AMT, etc. I have down pat. There are just a ton of little topics which jumble in my brain.

AUD - 80
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 78
    REG - 89

FAR - 78
    BEC - 82
    AUD - Aug 16

Teal
    Participant

@dtatham10 and @aatoural – both of your comments were super helpful, thank you!

@claudia408
    , what's the deal with if you take it in April, you won't know your score until August?!? :O

AUD - 82
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 75
    REG - 77
    NINJA & Roger

Passed AUD!

Passed BEC!

Passed FAR!

Passed REG!

FAR (66,68) Aug 26
    REG (66) July 25
    AUD (66) December 1st
    BEC - October 3rd

HoosierCPA
    Participant

@teal 2nd quarter 2017 is when they release the new formatted exams. Because of this change the AICPA has extended the score release schedule to 10 weeks! It's ridiculous!

AUD - 80
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 78
    REG - 89

FAR - 78
    BEC - 82
    AUD - Aug 16

Christy
    Participant

First attempt at REG 1/18. Hoping one and done but if history likes to repeat itself I'll be at it a little bit longer. Fortunate to have the week off work and extremely jealous of those who have the opportunity to study full time.

Reviewing all my notes, adding the little tidbits I missed the first time around, going back through all my handwritten flashcards and hitting the MCQs and Sims.

Feeling like there is still so much I need to cement.

Wishing everyone lots of luck. Let's crush Q1!

B - Pass 10/16

A - Pass 5/17

R - Pass 3/18

F - Pass 1/18

aatoural
    Participant

@dtatham10 – I don't do all my notes I just take all menonita and write them down and add next to it in short what they all mean and then do the tables by memory and do formulas. A 100% notes can drive anybody insane ROFL.

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - PASSED
    REG - PASSED
    FAR - PASSED

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - 8/29/16
    FAR - TBS
    REG - TBS

HoosierCPA
    Participant

haha that sounds much better! I was thinking to myself–man I thought I was trying hard till I read this! I try to re-read through my notes but they are all over the place. Even brushing through them would take an eternity. I mainly take notes as a different way of retaining the information rather then go back and review (altho I do jump to my notes often just not in their entirety)

AUD - 80
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 78
    REG - 89

FAR - 78
    BEC - 82
    AUD - Aug 16

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 1,482 total)
  • The topic ‘REG Study Group Q1 2017 - Page 2’ is closed to new replies.