REG Study Group July August 2013 - Page 6

Viewing 15 replies - 76 through 90 (of 1,892 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    soy_maria

While I've been reading what people have to say on this forum, this is the first time I'm posting.

I'm going to start studying for REG June 17 and I'm planning to take it August 2. That gives me 6 weeks of solid study time. I work a 4 day, 10 hour work week, so I usually put in 2 hours at work Monday thru Thursday and then 4 hours Friday and Saturday and I give myself Sunday to rest. While Monday- Thursday's are brutal because I'm at work for 12 hours, it helps that my boss is really supportive. I can't study at home because my husband is a blackjack dealer who works the night shift. If he's home, he needs my full attention or else he's not a happy man.

I took AUD on May 31st and I have no idea how I did. I thought I was going to be exhausted after the exam but I experienced quite the opposite. I felt a surge of energy and started cleaning our home. I spent an hour on the first testlet, making sure I read every word only to be dissapointed when I noticed the second testlet wasn't getting harder. The third testlet definitely felt harder (maybe wordier is a better choice). At first glance, the SIMS overwhelmed me but I took them one by one and at the end, felt they weren't so bad. The only SIM I felt prepared for was the research question, all the rest were new to me.

Let's see how this goes…

LSNYC

Mini Power night tonight! Got no sleep last night so my goal is 2-3 hours tonight would love to do more who's in?

A - 61, 91!!
    B - 78!
    F - 76!!!
    R - 71, 73, 74, 69, 77!!!!

Finally done!

This is my 2nd attempt at the exam, I had two parts passed (failed many) and I stupidly quit, big mistake. Now I'm back and with a vengeance!

LSNYC

Mini Power night tonight! Got no sleep last night so my goal is 2-3 hours tonight would love to do more who's in?

A - 61, 91!!
    B - 78!
    F - 76!!!

Finally done!

This is my 2nd attempt at the exam, I had two parts passed (failed many) and I stupidly quit, big mistake. Now I'm back and with a vengeance!

silliepanda

@ LSNYC I am in … coffee made … wanna accomplish Chapter 3 MCQs with a good understanding!

BEC - TOO MANY FAILS TO LIST! July 2015 I WILL GET IT!
    AUD - AUG 2015- NEVER PASSED!
    FAR - LOST CREDIT
    REG - PASSED

silliepanda

@ LSNYC I am in … coffee made … wanna accomplish Chapter 3 MCQs with a good understanding!

FAR - LOST CREDIT
    REG - PASSED

LSNYC

Sillie right there with you! We can do this!

A - 61, 91!!
    B - 78!
    F - 76!!!

Finally done!

LSNYC

Sillie right there with you! We can do this!

A - 61, 91!!
    B - 78!
    F - 76!!!

Finally done!

silliepanda

I am through S Corps and going to finish exempt orgs tonight .. think C Corps may be for tomorrow. I need something stronger than coffee to stay awake!!!

FAR - LOST CREDIT
    REG - PASSED

silliepanda

I am through S Corps and going to finish exempt orgs tonight .. think C Corps may be for tomorrow. I need something stronger than coffee to stay awake!!!

FAR - LOST CREDIT
    REG - PASSED

MrsBing

Was suppose to start chapter 1 today. I'm tired and procrastinating waiting on my FAR scores. I'm going to stating R1 tomorrow and hope I don't have to start all over with FAR. My goal is to get 2 chapters done the first week, then a chapter a week afterwards, leaving 2-3 weeks of review.

Are the 1st two chapters somewhat easy?

Becker, Wiley Test Bank, and Ninja 10 Point Combo!

FAR: 89
    REG: 87
    AUD: 92
    BEC: 75
    Ethics: 90

Licensed Arizona CPA

MrsBing

Was suppose to start chapter 1 today. I'm tired and procrastinating waiting on my FAR scores. I'm going to stating R1 tomorrow and hope I don't have to start all over with FAR. My goal is to get 2 chapters done the first week, then a chapter a week afterwards, leaving 2-3 weeks of review.

Are the 1st two chapters somewhat easy?

Becker, Wiley Test Bank, and Ninja 10 Point Combo!

FAR: 89
    REG: 87
    AUD: 92
    BEC: 75
    Ethics: 90

Licensed Arizona CPA

k1zuna

If you are not a tax major it can be a bit overwhelming… I think

FAR - Passed
    AUD - Passed
    BEC - Passed
    REG - 8/22/2013

k1zuna

If you are not a tax major it can be a bit overwhelming… I think

FAR - Passed
    AUD - Passed
    BEC - Passed
    REG - 8/22/2013

silliepanda

@MrsBing – I agree with k1zuna. It really all depends on what your main study and or course of work are. Personally, tax is easier for me than audit because I work through mostly individual taxes for 4 months out of the year, whereas Corporate and S-Corps I complete limited returns so it may be a little more difficult. As long as you put that time and effort into it you will be fine (this I am learning after a few – or more than a few – fails and quits). Just ask questions if you aren't sure of a topic. Good luck!!

FAR - LOST CREDIT
    REG - PASSED

silliepanda

@MrsBing – I agree with k1zuna. It really all depends on what your main study and or course of work are. Personally, tax is easier for me than audit because I work through mostly individual taxes for 4 months out of the year, whereas Corporate and S-Corps I complete limited returns so it may be a little more difficult. As long as you put that time and effort into it you will be fine (this I am learning after a few – or more than a few – fails and quits). Just ask questions if you aren't sure of a topic. Good luck!!

FAR - LOST CREDIT
    REG - PASSED

Viewing 15 replies - 76 through 90 (of 1,892 total)
  • The topic ‘REG Study Group July August 2013 - Page 6’ is closed to new replies.