- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years, 3 months ago by .
Under 65 dependent with $1,000 earned income and $200 unearned income = $1,200 gross income has to file a tax return since it is greater than $1,100 per 3 rule below? If So, why children with $2,200 of unearned income are allowed to include that on parent’s return (as kiddie tax) instead of filing their own return per below rule?
because instructions say:
You must file a return if any of the following apply.
• Your unearned income was more than $1,100.
• Your earned income was more than $12,400.
• Your gross income was more than the larger of:
• $1,100, or
• Your earned income (up to $12,050) plus $350.
Also when it says under 65, it means
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.