8 Units in 2 Weeks?? (REG)

• Creator
    Topic
    Scoon
    Participant

Heya all,

So I backed myself into a bit of a corner and had to schedule REG 2.5 weeks after taking Audit in order to try and make the 18 month cutoff. I have taken 3 tests and passed 2 of them with no problem (waiting on Audit), so I feel like I have a process that typically works. Unfortunately, I don’t have enough time to go through the full shabang that I usually do (taking handwritten notes on each module, cumulative review and MCQ’s after every 2 units, all in Becker). I typically over-study in order to feel confident going in, but what’s going to be the most efficient way to move through the material in such a short period of time? Are there certain areas I should focus on/ others I should just bag?

Also to note, I have been working in tax at a public firm for about a year now, so I am comfy with the big picture items. It’s the details/ more obscure items that have me nervous.

Cheers

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 94
    FAR - 87
    REG - NINJA in Training
    Gravy train
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    monikernc
    Participant

Pull in the bus law as you study tax – it is the only way to get it all incorporated in time without forgetting what you already studied. Know basis for each business entity type.

AUD - 93
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 76
    REG - 88
    How have you been?
    Ninja book and MCQs and the forum, all first try! 2016
    Licensed State of Montana April Fool’s Day 2020
    State of Colorado June 2020 - AICPA Ethics 93
    Experience was the worst part of the journey for me. You?
    If you want things to change you have to do something different.

FAR 7/25/15 76!
    AUD 10/30/15 93
    BEC 2/27/16 82
    REG 5/23/16 88!
    Ninja Book and MCQ and the forum - all the way!!!
    and a little thing i like to call, time and effort!
    if you want things to change, you have to do something different

fsugirl2005
    Participant

@Scoon We are in a similar situation. I have REG and BEC left, taking both on 12/21 & 12/26, respectively. I am scared because now work is picking up for me and my NTS expire at year-end. I'm struggling trying to get all this material in. Not sure if I can do it. I work for myself so I can flex my schedule but when you have to kick out financials to boards on a deadline, it's not easy.

Good luck to us!

REG - 78
    FAR - 79
    AUD - 76
    BEC - 75

I have been on this journey off and on for over 10 years. I think it's about time that I wrap this up.

AUD - 10/21/16 (75----07/2010 expired)
    FAR - 10/28/16
    BEC - 11/2016
    REG - 01/2017

Using Gleim CPA Review, Ninja Audio, Ninja Book

Scoon
    Participant

Ah yes the business law will need a refresher for sure… will be sure to spend a good chunk of time in there, and probably just reviewing the rest as well as I can! Thanks!

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 94
    FAR - 87
    REG - NINJA in Training
    Gravy train
    Scoon
    Participant

We got this @fsugirl2005 !

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 94
    FAR - 87
    REG - NINJA in Training
    Gravy train

That is tough no doubt but I it's doable with the right tools. Roger has a cram course which basically is like the regular long lectures but more condensed so you can go through the material really fast. If you'll do the cram course and do all the MCQs then you can pull it off, however that part is up to you, the cram course is amazing but you also need to put in the work. Like Roger always says “IF YOU STUDY, YOU WILL PASS”, keep that in mind when you feel stuck or lack motivation. Good luck!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.