REG test experience 2018 - Page 2

• Creator
    Topic
    Sandy
    Participant

I just finished my REG test today.
    I was glad that I read a lot of posts about REG test experience so that I feel more prepared than my first test ( BEC)

I don’t have any tax background and never took any tax or business law classes so this is the hardest test for me. I used Wiley CPA review at first but found it hard to understand. Then I switch to Roger CPA, and it was awesome. Roger has an amazing way to explain things.

I recommend doing lots of SIMs to get familiar with the tax forms and DRS questions. This test is about familiarity and the more SIMs you do, the easier you found the number you need to answer the questions.

About MCQs, the first testlet is like a breeze. (comparing to GLEIM) There’s only one business law and one ethics.
    But the second testlet is harder. There are at least 5 business laws and 5 ethics and tax administration/ authority related questions.

The SIMS are complex. There are 4 DRS, each contains 8~10 documents to review and there are extensive SIMs ( with 5 documents and you have to type in the numbers)

And I am glad I insisted on digging through business laws, there are at least 8 questions on the exam.

When I walked out of the test center, I still can put myself together and remembered to put my ID back in my wallet and grabbed my jacket. Thanks for lots of good advice and experience from others.

When I took my first test (BEC), after the test, I was feeling frustrated and lost. I even forgot where I put my ID and had to apply for a new one.

Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

How much should one know the specific amounts for phase outs? Or other numerical set numbers by the IRS such as adoption credit? Would I need to know exact amount?

Is Business Law a threat to be a sim or should I stick with MCQ for that material?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Recked

Do you recommend Gleim to supplement Roger? I actually didn't pass using Roger only. My friend said that Roger itself isn't enough, with the MPQs and SIMS not that accurate to the exam (with also my experience taking the exam). It really seems like Roger caters to the 60/40 format right now. I'm doing Gleim now, but it's so freaking hard. Do you recommend Roger practice exams over Gleim? I have no way how to incorporate both to be exam ready other than MPQs for Gleim and getting my butt handed to me

Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.