Passed all Exams, but short on college credit hours – need 150

• Creator
    Topic
    Matt
    Participant

So I just passed my last exam and the ethics test. I realized I only have 127 credit hours. I have all of the accounting classes and business class requirements except an audit class and the accounting ethics class. I’ve been working in public accounting (audit) for 4 years now.

So let me make sure I get this straight. I now am going to have to go back to school and pay for an audit class even though I’m already getting paid to be an auditor? Most classes are 3 credits, so I’m going to have to take 5 or 6 fucking electives???!?? The cheapest online classes I’ve found so far are about $1,000 – $1,200 per class. So in order to get this stupid license I’m going to have to spend another $10,000 going back to school after already spending $5k on study guide and exam fees. This is fucking outrageous.

Does anyone know of an online college that’s cheap/easy? I think I’m more mad about this than having to actually study and take the exams. Any help here is appreciated!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Mike
    Participant

how you doing on the credits?

I'm in a similar situation. Taking community college classes for about $500-$600. It's absolutely brutal.
    Probably going to try a CLEP exam too.

Have you found any other way to get quick and cheap credits?

Saratoga
    Participant

Hey Guys, you can look into Harvard extension school. The courses are online and it is relatively cheaper.

Also, there are lot of free courses on the Harvard website, I am not sure if they qualify as college credits but does not hurt to check.

I did have a question for you guys, what study materials would you recommend?
    Also, would you be willing to sell your materials? and how much would it cost? Please feel free to email me at asiddique1982@gmail.com

Mike
    Participant

No materials to sell. Did everything online. Ninja Mike and doing MCQ's was all I did really. I'm surprised I don't see more about Ninja Mike. Ninja Mike was amazing for me.

monikernc
    Participant

I am always amazed by folks who don’t understand what is required for the license until they are way, way down the rabbit hole. Saratoga don’t post your email address. EVER.

AUD - 93
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 76
    REG - 88
    How have you been?
    Ninja book and MCQs and the forum, all first try! 2016
    Licensed State of Montana April Fool’s Day 2020
    State of Colorado June 2020 - AICPA Ethics 93
    Experience was the worst part of the journey for me. You?
    If you want things to change you have to do something different.

FAR 7/25/15 76!
    AUD 10/30/15 93
    BEC 2/27/16 82
    REG 5/23/16 88!
    Ninja Book and MCQ and the forum - all the way!!!
    and a little thing i like to call, time and effort!
    if you want things to change, you have to do something different

Mike
    Participant

For me, it was just a decision to pass the test first. Didn't want to spend the money on college credits then never pass the exam.

Parthamis
    Participant

You literally completed the HARDEST part of the licensure process. I cannot believe you are whining lol.

Is there a local community college nearby? I knew a guy a few years ago that literally went to community college for 30 credits after graduating with an accounting degree.

furthermore, your exams do not expire since you've passed all parts. take your time with it.. You're in a career position, and until getting promoted to manager, the passage of all parts is just as valuable as the license itself.

Parthamis Prime

AUD - 73, 75... and done.

FAR - 80 (UNBELIEVABLE)

BEC - 78

REG - 81

monikernc
    Participant

Exam scores do expire in some states/jurisdictions. So pay attention to yours. If you have all the accounting and business requirements met you can literally do any course. Try some programming or other analytics courses. Or underwater 🧶 knitting! It does not have be thousands of dollars and I hope it is not but if it is it is an investment in your future. Will your employer pay for any education credits?

AUD - 93
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 76
    REG - 88
    How have you been?
    Ninja book and MCQs and the forum, all first try! 2016
    Licensed State of Montana April Fool’s Day 2020
    State of Colorado June 2020 - AICPA Ethics 93
    Experience was the worst part of the journey for me. You?
    If you want things to change you have to do something different.

FAR 7/25/15 76!
    AUD 10/30/15 93
    BEC 2/27/16 82
    REG 5/23/16 88!
    Ninja Book and MCQ and the forum - all the way!!!
    and a little thing i like to call, time and effort!
    if you want things to change, you have to do something different

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.