How did you fulfill 150 credit requirements? (Im in Cali) - Page 2

• Creator
    Topic
    Small4
    Participant

Hi all,

I finally passed the exams, but I know I am short of units (I have I think only 123 units only)…since CA changed their rule back in 2014 to make it more consistent with other 150-rule states….with that said, I only have a Bachelors..so I am lacking about 27 units I think?

I tried searching for options and Masters is really out of it since I got a family nd I cant take on loans right now so I was hoping anyone here took a non-conventional route and took courses in other means? Community College? If so, what classes did you take? and is there a credible online college out there that is acceptable?

AUD - 77
    BEC - 75
    FAR - 82
    REG - 77
    -Becker (do all mcq, period),
    -Buy NINJA mcq (68% trend), and
    -PRINT trouble topics.

-Also Used WTB mcq (68% trend).
    -Do 40-50 SIMs and read answers/try to learn from solutions like its a book example.
    -Lastly, when having trouble with same topic, go big picture and watch trouble lecture

BEC - 68,70,72,75 5/15
    AUD - 78(expired), 77 8/15
    REG - 29,58,65,77 1/16
    FAR - 56,68,73 - retake October hopefully (last shot)

Been doing this since 2007 on and off...

Viewing 10 replies - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    NeedsA75
    Participant

I'm planning on taking it in the spring anyways, just trying to get my ducks in a row. Sounds like it will meet the ethics requirement since that is why everyone is taking it..

AUD - 96
    BEC - 86
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    PETH - 92
    Licensed in California

SDN
    Participant

@ZOMBIEMOUSE Those are very impressive scores! Would you like to share which review course you used and how you studied?
    Thanks in advance.

DZagt
    Participant

So I currently have 147.5 credits from a small school in NJ. I could do this Foothill course to get my last 2.5? Anyone have a link?

AUD - 92
    BEC - 90
    FAR - 83
    REG - 88
    DONE!
    Track55
    Participant

Coastline college in Fountain Valley. That is where I got my AA. Every class is offered online. Sister school Orange Coast college has a few online classes. I took Film online there.

AUD - 99
    BEC - 83
    FAR - 86
    REG - 92
    California - Internal Audit

CPA since December 2016.

(took seven tries, 1 year 10 months).

AUD - 74, 99 !!
    REG - 74, 92
    BEC - 83
    FAR - 73, 86

Studying for Ethics exam

California candidate
    Business and Industry

Anonymous
    Inactive

Western Governors University. They have an MS Accounting program, they are accredited, and it's accelerated. You go at your own pace and can start any 1st of the month. I think it's less than 4K for a 6 month term and includes your books. If you've passed all the exams you could easily finished in 1 term. You won't get much more than an e-book and a course outline, but if you're self motivated and like to work ahead, you can really save yourself some time. Check it out.

Forgot to mention, it's 100% online.

ultrarunner
    Participant

Track55, with your amazing scores and good resume, I am surprised to see that you went to CC for accounting degree. I have 4 units short to get my AA (I don't have accounting degree). Should I take one more class and receive AA? But I will start my Masters soon.

CPA/ MST/ Roger CPA Review

FAR 72,67,79 (Roger+Wiley test bank)11/15
    AUD 80 (Roger)10/15
    BEC 80 (Roger)4/16
    REG 63,78 (Roger+Ninja MCQs)5/16

Track55
    Participant

Hi Ultrarunner. I was working full-time during college (not in accounting) so I had to go the most convenient route. For lower-division courses I went to CC as I could take 1/3 of the classes online, and the in-person ones were close to work and easy A's. For my bachelor's I went to the Cal-State on my street. Yes, it's not USC or Irvine, but it was the option that required the least driving. The CPA took me 7 tries to pass and it took me a year to find work since it wasn't a name brand school.

At this point you should just go for your master's. The CPA outranks anything you will do in undergrad. Do you have your 2,000 hours? Consider using CPA Academy for free CPE's anytime. They are mostly tax though.

Do you run ultramarathons? The farthest I've run is a Half, but I have friends who run 50 and qualify for the Western States 100.

AUD - 99
    BEC - 83
    FAR - 86
    REG - 92
    California - Internal Audit

CPA since December 2016.

(took seven tries, 1 year 10 months).

AUD - 74, 99 !!
    REG - 74, 92
    BEC - 83
    FAR - 73, 86

Studying for Ethics exam

California candidate
    Business and Industry

ultrarunner
    Participant

Track55, thanks for the advice. I just completed my 2,000 hours or 1-year experience and sent all the applications last week. Hope I could hear from the board next month.

I am not quite an ultra runner yet. I have done many half marathons. I will do my first ultra (50K) in May.

It's great that your friends got in WS 100. I know about 10 peoples who signed up, but only 2 got in. I probably won't do 100 miles, but I highly respect the people who are trying 100 miles.

CPA/ MST/ Roger CPA Review

FAR 72,67,79 (Roger+Wiley test bank)11/15
    AUD 80 (Roger)10/15
    BEC 80 (Roger)4/16
    REG 63,78 (Roger+Ninja MCQs)5/16

j_accountant
    Participant

I graduated in molecular biology with the usual 120 hours. I need an additional 24 accounting hours and some 8 more hours in business (have other classes that may qualify). OR I need to do a Master's in accounting to sit in CA. Which path is recommended? Also I thought UNA offered a master's via CPAWiley but I must have been dreaming.

Peter
    Participant

I got BS Computer Science with almost 150 Unit included 4-5 Business Classes and 1 Financial Accounting Class. Now I'd like to take another 4-5 Accounting Classes in Mission or Foot Hill Community College. Would you recommend me some classes beside Financial Accounting that are qualified for CPA exam. Many thanks J

Peter
Viewing 10 replies - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.