- This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 6 months ago by .
Does anyone else feel like the state board’s steps to certification after you pass are a little ridiculous?
In Oklahoma the process is:
1. Receive Unoffical scores
2. Board sends Official score notification by mail, on special paper so it can’t be copied along with the Experience Verification Form.
3. Candidate completes Experience Verification Form, naming a verifier (complete with their CPA license number) and emails back to the board.
4. Board staff emails verifier a separate form to be printed, completed, signed and returned by fax, email or snail mail.
5. Board staff reviews & approves Experience Verification.
6. Board staff sends Application for Certification form to Candidate by mail.
7. Candidate completes 8 hrs AICPA ethics Training and 32 additional hours of CPE if applying for a permit to practice public accounting.
8. Candidate completes Application for Certification and mails it in along with certificates of successful completion of all items in step 7.
9. Board reviews & approves (or rejects) application at next monthly meeting (assuming it’s not canceled)
10. 2-4 business days after board meeting, candidate gets certificate by mail.