CPA exam certificate (IL)

• Creator
    Topic
  • #3309526 Reply
    szh819
    Participant

How long does it normally take for ILBOA (I’m in IL) to mail out the CPA exam certificate after passing the CPA exam and the ethics exam? I just passed the ethics exam today and am really nervous about the process of licensing. what was your experience like?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #3309529 Reply
    April94
    Participant

I don't remember when I got my certificate, but I do remember the rest of the licensing process. I had passed in August 2020 (ethics was done at this point too). I applied for licensure the same day. Even though the whole licensing process is online, I didn't receive my license until Oct 2020. I waited about 3-4 weeks after I applied, but didn't hear back. So I called the IDFPR once per week just to follow up and see what the status of my application was. I think that helped speed things up because I was licensed by the first week of October 2020.

"It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Licensed CPA in IL

FAR-72, 55, 82 (Roger + Wiley TB)
    AUD-66, 92 (Roger)
    REG-71, 81 (Roger + Wiley TB)
    BEC-77 (Roger)
    Ethics- 93

#3309544 Reply
    szh819
    Participant

Got it. For the work experience verified by the supervisor, does the form need to include detailed experience or just say that I worked full time for x years at the company providing accounting services? would that be sufficient? Thanks!

#3309547 Reply
    April94
    Participant

I gave details in my application. I said things like reconciliations, month-end close, budgets…you can keep it brief 🙂

"It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Licensed CPA in IL

FAR-72, 55, 82 (Roger + Wiley TB)
    AUD-66, 92 (Roger)
    REG-71, 81 (Roger + Wiley TB)
    BEC-77 (Roger)
    Ethics- 93

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Reply #3309544 in CPA exam certificate (IL)
Your information:

Return to Forum Home