CPA 150 Credit

• Creator
    Topic
    Ninja Albert
    Participant

Hi all I graduated with almost 150 credits and believe are required for and higher level Accounting class at a credited college, anyone else here did the 150 credit route instead of getting a masters?

I am from NY

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Oscar
    Participant

There are certain JuCos in Texas that are partnered with TSBPA to provide in-person classes to help people going the non-traditional (i.e. not accounting bachelor's) students complete the required coursework. It sounds like you're going with option 3 for the NY requirements, so I think the biggest obstacles are making sure the 33 upper level hours of accounting are complete.

NY Eligibility Per NASBA

I don't see an in-person requirement off the bat, but there may be some details I didn't find. If you just need the accounting classes, you may be able to take them at a local campus or online to finish the requirements.

Hope this helps.

Ninja Albert
    Participant

Before taking the exams my school sent a transcript with the credits I graduated from, then they allowed me to sit for exam. How do I know if that's acceptable, and what classes are missing?

I won't lose any pass exam credits? I hope not!?

Oscar
    Participant

I would operate under the presumption that if the NY state board allowed you to begin sitting for the exams, they accepted the classes as submitted. I don't know what they expiration time for NY would be, but in Texas you have 18 months to finish all four parts. NASBA shouldn't revoke your credit if you passed a part.

Ninja Albert
    Participant

Right We also have 18 months to pass all four sections. And since they allowed to me to sit for exam I am assuming that the credits are valid. Lets just see what happens when I get all 4 cleared, and work from there if I need any credits I would just complete them and go from there, thank you

jeff
    Keymaster

I started a MAcc, got my 150 during night school (while working in public) and then bolted.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.