Applying for exams in two states

  • Creator
  • #3304465

    I applied to take the CPA exams in California. I’ve taken an exam in the past but it expired. I’ve scheduled to take FAR in about two months. I’ve decided that I’m going to move to Washington state. I’m trying to figure out if I should apply for the exams in Washington state and then reschedule my exam on a Washington NTS. Or should I take the exams on my California application and then transfer the scores after?
    Since I’m starting at square one with the my prior exams expiring, it seems to me the simplest thing is to apply to sit for the exams with the state of Washington and just take the exams in California before I move.
    I’m just concerned that there may be an issue with me already having a national candidate ID. Would I then get a second one when I apply in WA?
    Has anyone dealt with this before?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #3304474

    It depends on what it will cost you? You may be able to roll into a new NTS in CA without paying any additional fees. Check WA's requirements for exams, transfer of grades and licensing, to be sure you qualify for all that apply to you.
    You can test in WA as a CA candidate – where you test doesn't matter unless you are an international candidate.
    Good luck!

    AUD - 93
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 76
    REG - 88
    How have you been?
    Ninja book and MCQs and the forum, all first try! 2016
    Licensed State of Montana April Fool’s Day 2020
    State of Colorado June 2020 - AICPA Ethics 93
    Experience was the worst part of the journey for me. You?
    If you want things to change you have to do something different.

    FAR 7/25/15 76!
    AUD 10/30/15 93
    BEC 2/27/16 82
    REG 5/23/16 88!
    Ninja Book and MCQ and the forum - all the way!!!
    and a little thing i like to call, time and effort!
    if you want things to change, you have to do something different

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.