FAR Study Group Q4 2021

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Tiff4
    Participant

Good afternoon my name is Tiffinae. I started this journey 10 years ago, I took a pause because being a single mom and studying was too much for me then. The youngest graduated in June, so I decided to start again. I bought Wiley when they were CPA Excel and I reactivated it. Yeah, for the unlimited access to you pass.

I am currently studying for FAR, and I'm unsure when I plan to take the exam. I got off track with studying, and I must admit I'm struggling with the amount of information and procrastination.

I find the topics in FAR, this go around are more interesting. This may be because I'm not as stressed as I was studying before. Anyways I'm happy to be here!

BEC 61
    AUD 66,70
    REG 67,68,67,68
    FAR TBD
    Using CPA Excel and Wiley Test Bank

ChristieF
    Participant

Hey there! I’m Christie. I tried to get my CPA about 7 years ago, but I had some family things come up so it had to go on the back burner. I’m picking it up again and take FAR December 7th. Fingers crossed!

FAR - 61, retake 1/22

AUD - 2022

REG - 2022

BEC - 2022

tarabailey
    Participant

Hi I'm Tara. Got my BBA in 2011 and didn't pursue CPA back then, but better late then never. Working on FAR & it's soooo much info!

jyuki
    Participant

Currently looking to take FAR as my first exam in January. Currently studying with Gleim and using Ninja to as a supplement for audio and sparing to fill in any missing gaps.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    “Do or do not. There is no try.” - Yoda
    Mack Tyson
    Participant

I'm Isiah, live in California, been studying for FAR about 2 months now. Test is scheduled for January. A lot of info but I am cautiously optimistic. I have to start making more time to study since I am about 8 weeks out now and only about 50% through the material.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - 78
    REG - 75
    Cali based
    monikernc
    Participant

Yes, the study groups are back! I could not have passed the exams without the forum. Post your questions and give help when others need it. This adds so much to the study experience. Good luck all! You can do this!

AUD - 93
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 76
    REG - 88
    How have you been?
    Ninja book and MCQs and the forum, all first try! 2016
    Licensed State of Montana April Fool’s Day 2020
    State of Colorado June 2020 - AICPA Ethics 93
    Experience was the worst part of the journey for me. You?
    If you want things to change you have to do something different.

FAR 7/25/15 76!
    AUD 10/30/15 93
    BEC 2/27/16 82
    REG 5/23/16 88!
    Ninja Book and MCQ and the forum - all the way!!!
    and a little thing i like to call, time and effort!
    if you want things to change, you have to do something different

jyuki
    Participant

It is good to know that there are others who also had a gap between education and taking the exam. I have a 11 yr gap in order to start and devote to family. Starting out has been a slow process and feels like relearning everything. Ninja seems to be better at explaining concepts and the sparing sessions help if you need someone to ask.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    “Do or do not. There is no try.” - Yoda
    ChristieF
    Participant

Hey everyone! What is everyone's study plans? I'm testing for FAR a week from today and I'm so nervous. I'm using both Becker and Ninja. I am trying to finish the last of the lectures for Becker and am stressing.

Does anyone have an easy way to remember the Qualitative and Quantitative characteristics? For some reason I cannot remember them, but I can deal with Bonds and Equity, ha!

FAR - 61, retake 1/22

AUD - 2022

REG - 2022

BEC - 2022

ChristieF
    Participant

How is everyone doing with FAR studying? I'm down to 5 days and trying to hit the MCQs hard. If anyone has questions, post them in here, I'm sure one of us can help figure it out. Let's help each other out!

FAR - 61, retake 1/22

AUD - 2022

REG - 2022

BEC - 2022

ChristieF
    Participant

Anyone else testing this week? I test tomorrow, I feel like I should have studied so much more even though I have studied a ton. I listened to Ninja audio last night and a few things clicked, so I’m hoping to listen to more today and get bonds and government more fresh in my mind before tomorrow.

FAR - 61, retake 1/22

AUD - 2022

REG - 2022

BEC - 2022

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.