FAR Study Group – Q3 2018 - Page 3

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 239 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    XCAdam89
    Participant

When are you taking your exam? September 2018
    What exam topic keeps you awake at night? Pensions — and why I always forget the simple things, but remember the extra hard ones!
    One study or career tip others might find helpful. Don't worry about what your friends and coworkers are doing. Go at your own pace. Get a solid foundation. Be prompt. Always be willing to learn and take on new challenges. You don't have to brown-nose or keep up with the Jones's to do well. Let your work and attitude speak for itself!

Good Luck to everyone studying! See you all on the other side!

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” -Robert J. Collier
    trk85718
    Participant

HI Everyone,

This is going to be a FAR retake for me. Sitting in Aug.

When are you taking your exam?

August

What exam topic keeps you awake at night?

Man, Far is such a beast. Its pretty much the everything that keeps me up at night. The volume of information is exhausting. My strategy is to focus on concepts this go-round. I think i dug into to many topics and forgot to focus on the detail of majority of the “heavily” tested items.. which are bound to change.. but oh well!

One study or career tip others might find helpful.

Just little bites at a time. I struggle with the volume. But I have found if I focus on bits and pieces it feels more manageable

"when climbing the mountain; don't think about the mountain, just climb"
    jjj2020
    Participant

Hello,

Excited to finally study for the CPA exam!

End of August 2018

All of them, today is day 1 of studying.

Choose one day to have fun and not study weekly.

Thank you!

cso23

Awesome giveaway! I Would love to get a one month free, need all the help I can get. 😀

1. Exam date for August 29 (FAR – first try)
    2. What exam topic keeps you awake at night? Cost & Equity
    2. For those using Becker, I would suggest in addition to listening to the audios and reading, to take notes as well and dedicate some time during the week to revise those notes.

Koala
    Participant

This is great! Thank you, Jeff!
    I am studying FAR. It's the first exam I am preparing.

When are you taking your exam? August 2018
    What exam topic keeps you awake at night? IFRS, Governmental Accounting
    One study or career tip others might find helpful. Career wise keep learning from your bosses or your colleagues who do better work than you. Learn something new or master something with a specific goal every year.

Jenny Wu
    Koala
    Participant

This is great! Thank you, Jeff!
    I am studying FAR. It's the first exam I am preparing.

When are you taking your exam? August 2018
    What exam topic keeps you awake at night? IFRS, Governmental Accounting
    One study or career tip others might find helpful. Career wise keep learning from your bosses or your colleagues who do better work than you. Learn something new or master something with a specific goal every year.

Jenny Wu
    Robbyn
    Participant

Hi! My name is Robbyn. I have been struggling with the Becker study program and have been recently looking for supplemental study material. I plan on taking the FAR test in August.

shank
    Participant

When are you taking your exam? September 2018
    What exam topic keeps you awake at night? Government and Non profit Accounting
    One study or career tip others might find helpful. Career wise make friends and network at school consider going back for your masters, companies love students.

giga
    Participant

Taking in September. Looking to enter into free giveway!

jle904
    Participant

When are you taking your exam? July 2018

What exam topic keeps you awake at night? Consolidations

One study or career tip others might find helpful: Keep on keeping on. Perseverance IS key!

utpal
    Participant

Hi, The NINJA FAR book has about 666 pages. To finish 25% per week, you will have to read about 145 pages.

AUD - 69
    BEC - 75
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 81
    Utpal

manafxp
    Participant

Hi,
    I am Planning to take the exam during October 2018
    The Current Assets related portions are very interesting to me at any time.

Study Tip

When attempting a question (especially a lengthy question), first read the last sentence of the question, which describe what the question is asking about. Then go through the entire lengthy question from the beginning. this practice will help us to strike out a lot of unwanted information given in the question. Trust me. I have used this practice in my CMA and passed both the sections in first attempt (with in 6 months).

Abdul Manaf CMA

Dubai

Flannery
    Participant

Tentatively – late August

Right now, it's embedded derivatives and bifurcation

Read the initial question or task CAREFULLY. I could have avoided so many mistakes if I hadn't rushed in trying to get started before I fully understood the objective/goal.

kfay
    Participant

Hi, I am taking FAR 7/16/18. Debt and Equity securities are my worst nightmare right now 🙂 My tip is to never give up and stay positive.

AUD - 78
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 85
    Kayla Fay
    L.J.
    Participant

I would love to win a one month Ninja Course!

I will be taking my exam in September (FAR)
    Thinking about the FAR exam keeps me up at night, especially diluted earnings per share.
    One study tip would be to make a study plan and stick to it. Routines make things much easier to accomplish.

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 239 total)
  • The topic ‘FAR Study Group – Q3 2018 - Page 3’ is closed to new replies.