FAR Study Group Q3 2016 - Page 15

Viewing 3 replies - 211 through 213 (of 213 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Operation_CPA
    Participant

Can someone explain to me if this is correct for exchanges that lack commercial substance?

Boot is paid = No gain (if under 25%) –> If over 25% recognized all of the gain
    ………..To get percentage –> Boot paid / FV given = % (then use rules above)

Boot is received = recognize a proportion of the gain (If under 25%) –> If over 25% recognize all of the gain
    ……….To get percentage –> Boot received / FV received = % (then use rules above)

FAR - 76 (Lost credit), 76
    AUD - 80
    BEC - 76
    REG - 75

Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.

drcpa
    Participant

Hey guys,
    the governmental is very confusing, any advise?

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - 72
    REG - NINJA in Training
    If You Fail to Plan, You Plan to Fail

If You Fail To Plan, You Plan to Fail

Operation_CPA
    Participant

@drcpa

Practice makes perfect on that stuff. Rewrite the funds over and over again (GRSPP SE PAPI) and know the main items that belong in each fund. For example: Special Revenue includes gas tax. Try seeing it “big picture” before getting the small little details down, this really helped me.

Just a sample of what I am referring to:

Governmental funds use: Modified accrual accounting and have a current financial resources measurement focus. Governmental funds include the “GRSPP funds” –> General, Special Revenue, Debt Service, Capital Projects, Permanent. Then list what goes in each fund, etc.

FAR - 76 (Lost credit), 76
    AUD - 80
    BEC - 76
    REG - 75

Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.

Viewing 3 replies - 211 through 213 (of 213 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.