FAR Study Group Q2 2016 - Page 109

Viewing 15 replies - 1,621 through 1,635 (of 2,358 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    KJ
    Participant

@ MaLoTu , Is that term used by Becker only? I don't remember reading that or question using that term.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" - Albert Einstein

FAR - August 2016
    AUD - September 2016
    REG - October 2016
    BEC - November 2016

Remember: "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein

KJ
    Participant

@ msteezzz…When doing SIMS on AL, I agree with what MaLoTu said you have to find key words, then you have to look for topic. You can also use “Search Within” option once you have located the topic and type in key words but then you have to be careful and read the description carefully to answer it correctly. It does take lot of practice and be familiarize with IRC codes. Sometimes you have to click through few to find the right topic.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" - Albert Einstein

FAR - August 2016
    AUD - September 2016
    REG - October 2016
    BEC - November 2016

Remember: "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein

MaLoTu
    Participant

Kanwal – it is from Becker, but like I said, I am frustrated because they don't specify what is meant by monitoring/non-monitoring.

It comes up again during the agency trust fund – cash conduit arrangements (no monitoring F8-77). It seems to have something to do with act of determining eligibility vs not having to.

Almost always from my phone... please excuse my typos!

All 4 passed - 2016

CA CPA

KJ
    Participant

I don't use Becker so not sure. I never came across those terms.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training

FAR - August 2016
    AUD - September 2016
    REG - October 2016
    BEC - November 2016

KJ
    Participant

I wanted to actually ask if anyone use Ninja MCQ. Do they add new questions or just repeat? I have MCQ access but have not come across new questions, it's always same repeated questions.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training

FAR - August 2016
    AUD - September 2016
    REG - October 2016
    BEC - November 2016

SONA
    Participant

When companies consolidate, what if parent company declares and pays dividend?

It will affect(reduce) the retained earning of the parent company right? What will be reported retained earning in consolidated Financial statement?

AUD :56, 72, 77!
    FAR : 74, 77!
    BEC : 72, 75!
    REG : 72, 81!
    msteezzz
    Participant

@kanwal78 when i try using “search within” it said no answer! How come??? Am i doing something wrong?? Im using becker software.

lolo

@SONA, it will be only the RE of the parent company, and of course taking the effect of dividends into your consideration!

AUD - 95
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 93
    REG - 87
    My nick name is Sunshine but the fact is that I have never been in touch with it since I started studying for this CPA exam. I KNOW It HURTS!

My Nick name is sunshine, but the fact is I have not been in touch with it since I started this CPA exam! IT HURTS

AUD - ✔ Passed Becker self study!
    BEC - ✔ Passed Becker self study!
    FAR - ✔ Passed Becker self study!
    REG - TBD

SONA
    Participant

Can someone tell me where in the question said that Port sold equipment at $15 profit?

Please the see the explanation. Thought i answered the questions correct. but not agree with the answer explanation.

Question CPA-00450
    Port, Inc. owns 100% of Salem Inc. On January 1, Year 1, Port sold Salem delivery equipment Port had owned the equipment for two years and used a five-year straight-line depreciation rate a wt ait hg anion. reeqsuiidpumale vnat.l uIne .t hSea lceomn siso liudsaitnegd ain tchoremee-y setaart esmtraeingth, tS-lianlee mde'sp rreeccioartdioend rdaetep rweicthia ntioo nr eesxipdeunasl vea olune t hfoer the equipment for Year 1 will be decreased by:
    a. 50% of the gain on sale.
    b. 33 1/3% of the gain on sale.
    c. 20% of the gain on sale.
    d. 100% of the gain on sale.
    Explanation
    aCmhooiucnet “tbh”a its d ceoprrreeccita. tiDoen perxepceiantsioen heaxsp ebneseen wovilel rbset adteecdr.eased by 33 1/3% of the gain on sale, the
    Example:
    Original purchase price by Port 100
    Two years' depreciation ($100 ÷ 5 = $20 per year × 2) (40)
    Net book value at date of sale 60
    Sale price to Salem 75
    Gain on sale 15
    Depreciation expense recorded by Salem ($75 ÷ 3-year life) 25
    Consolidated depreciation expense ($100 ÷ 5-year life) 20
    Elimination of excess depreciation ($15 gain × 1/3) 5

MaLoTu
    Participant

SONA- can you fix the weird computer language that got inserted into the text?

All 4 passed - 2016

CA CPA

SONA
    Participant

uuuug………..

I am just copy pasting it, why is it happening :/?

Anyways………. Have you guys tried solving AICPA question 2013?

SONA
    Participant

@Patelhj1…..

Hushhhhh……….. F-3 last topic i just got 45% :(. I am not any motivated for the exam. I think i am not ready for the exam.

Consolidation, acquisition and combination- churned my brain like anything. Today i had to finish F-4 but just finished F-3 with lot of tears.

I cannot imagine giving the final exam on 28th now.

Feels like i never read this chapter before.

MaLoTu
    Participant

I love F3 … hate F2 … if you have any specific questions on acquisition method let me know.

I think F2,5, & 7 are the hardest

All 4 passed - 2016

CA CPA

SONA
    Participant

I don't have any specific question it's just very confusing.

MaLoTu
    Participant

SONA -nail down the journal entry for CAR IN BIG … you can answer any acquisition question from that. Same with equity, there are 3 JE to record investment, equity earnings, and dividends paid. The JE are life savers in this section!

All 4 passed - 2016

CA CPA

Viewing 15 replies - 1,621 through 1,635 (of 2,358 total)
  • The topic ‘FAR Study Group Q2 2016 - Page 109’ is closed to new replies.