FAR Study Group October November 2013 - Page 117

• This topic has 1,757 replies, 131 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 4 months ago by FAR Study Group MCQ’s.
Viewing 15 replies - 1,741 through 1,755 (of 1,757 total)
  • Author
    Replies

@NYCAccountant – I am using Becker. I will try to re-review GOVT and NFP again before my test. I had never learned Governmental in my college years..long time ago. As such, Governmental accounting doesn't come naturally to me, even with studying. Thanks for the suggestion.

BEC - 86 (8/31/12)
    AUD - 97 (11/18/12)
    REG - 83 (5/12/13)
    FAR - 91 (12/2/13)
    Done!!!

@NYCAccountant – I am using Becker. I will try to re-review GOVT and NFP again before my test. I had never learned Governmental in my college years..long time ago. As such, Governmental accounting doesn't come naturally to me, even with studying. Thanks for the suggestion.

BEC - 86 (8/31/12)
    AUD - 97 (11/18/12)
    REG - 83 (5/12/13)
    FAR - 91 (12/2/13)
    Done!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

FAR was the first section that I took when I applied for the exam last May 2013. But I failed the first part because I

was tired from working from a full-time job, and didn't have the energy to study for it. I has been tough because I

was moving in to a new apartment at that time. My study schedule got so disrupted, that I only studied for a month. At least I get to study for 5 hours on the night time, and the following morning about 3 hours for 1 to 2 chapters until I get the material mastered on the 2nd day.

Now I am taking BEC the 3rd section, and sticking to my study schedule, and mastering each topic and answering the Kaplan MCQs. I am using Ninja Notes to remember important points that is supplemental from the Kaplan videos and notes. The NINJA Audio are really helpful whenever I am on break, and out.

I am retaking the FAR section as soon as NASBA fulfills my ATT after a few days. I just need to restudy the whole thing again.

FAR 38 (9/30/2013) — need a retake — this one is a beast that needs to overcome

AUD (10/20/2013) — just waiting for results on Dec. 9th

BEC (1/30/2014)

REG (2/28/2014)

Anonymous
    Inactive

FAR was the first section that I took when I applied for the exam last May 2013. But I failed the first part because I

was tired from working from a full-time job, and didn't have the energy to study for it. I has been tough because I

was moving in to a new apartment at that time. My study schedule got so disrupted, that I only studied for a month. At least I get to study for 5 hours on the night time, and the following morning about 3 hours for 1 to 2 chapters until I get the material mastered on the 2nd day.

Now I am taking BEC the 3rd section, and sticking to my study schedule, and mastering each topic and answering the Kaplan MCQs. I am using Ninja Notes to remember important points that is supplemental from the Kaplan videos and notes. The NINJA Audio are really helpful whenever I am on break, and out.

I am retaking the FAR section as soon as NASBA fulfills my ATT after a few days. I just need to restudy the whole thing again.

FAR 38 (9/30/2013) — need a retake — this one is a beast that needs to overcome

AUD (10/20/2013) — just waiting for results on Dec. 9th

BEC (1/30/2014)

REG (2/28/2014)

Anonymous
    Inactive

FAR is killing me! I remember studying all this stuff in my intermediate and advanced accounting courses, but that seems so long ago. I had the same feeling when I was studying for audit, and it all started to click the last few weeks before my exam. I hope that happens for me here.

I think my one major weakness is that I barley got by intro to accounting. Then I cam back to school several years later with a passion for accounting an jumped right into intermediate with the proper foundation. I feel like I have forgotten the basics of the journal entry such as “what accounts are normal as debit and a credit”. It is frustrating to me. It makes me wonder if it is worth my time to go back and do a quick intro to accounting review.

Anonymous
    Inactive

FAR is killing me! I remember studying all this stuff in my intermediate and advanced accounting courses, but that seems so long ago. I had the same feeling when I was studying for audit, and it all started to click the last few weeks before my exam. I hope that happens for me here.

I think my one major weakness is that I barley got by intro to accounting. Then I cam back to school several years later with a passion for accounting an jumped right into intermediate with the proper foundation. I feel like I have forgotten the basics of the journal entry such as “what accounts are normal as debit and a credit”. It is frustrating to me. It makes me wonder if it is worth my time to go back and do a quick intro to accounting review.

oblio

@codwatter, try accountingcoach.com – it's a great site to familiarize yourself with the basics. FAR is nuts! It took me a year of studying it to pass. I don't recommend studying for a year but definitely don't quit! You know how to pass a section, which is huge.

oblio

@codwatter, try accountingcoach.com – it's a great site to familiarize yourself with the basics. FAR is nuts! It took me a year of studying it to pass. I don't recommend studying for a year but definitely don't quit! You know how to pass a section, which is huge.

Szwagier1555
    Participant

Yeah – FAR is difficult. I took review classes in one of the Universities and I have passed it on the first time with score 75 🙂 So it was worth its. The class was for 6 weeks, 3 times a week for 3 hours. Also I purchased Gleim bank of questions.

FAR - 75!
    REG - 73, 75!
    AUD - 58, 62, took exam at 02/12/2015
    BEC - 50, 58

Illinois

Szwagier1555
    Participant

Yeah – FAR is difficult. I took review classes in one of the Universities and I have passed it on the first time with score 75 🙂 So it was worth its. The class was for 6 weeks, 3 times a week for 3 hours. Also I purchased Gleim bank of questions.

FAR - 75!
    REG - 73, 75!
    AUD - 58, 62, took exam at 02/12/2015
    BEC - 50, 58

Illinois

Anonymous
    Inactive

This may seem obvious though I'm checking with you awesome peeps anyway: Does the allocation of questions in the WTB correlate to the distribution on the exam? I couldn't really match up the CSO's / %'s to the WTB sections well. For example, I want to trust that if the WTB allocates 150 questions to fixed assets vs 20 to segment reporting that fixed assets is more heavily tested. Has anyone had that experience–where you felt the WTB allocation was well represented of what to focus on “mostly”. (I do know that tests can vary and you should study everything, this is a “good gauge” question. )

Anonymous
    Inactive

This may seem obvious though I'm checking with you awesome peeps anyway: Does the allocation of questions in the WTB correlate to the distribution on the exam? I couldn't really match up the CSO's / %'s to the WTB sections well. For example, I want to trust that if the WTB allocates 150 questions to fixed assets vs 20 to segment reporting that fixed assets is more heavily tested. Has anyone had that experience–where you felt the WTB allocation was well represented of what to focus on “mostly”. (I do know that tests can vary and you should study everything, this is a “good gauge” question. )

Tncincy
    Participant

@Codwater,

A good refresher is cliff notes….lol I kept my cliff notes from school and I have the laminated study guide for accounting that has all the entry level stuff, dr and cr, cost of goods sold. These are sold at the local bookstores or on the local college campus at very little cost. I certainly know how you feel, I was asking myself the same questions until I remembered my stash. Far is definitely a bully, use any tools you can to pass….

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader.....time to pass

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

Tncincy
    Participant

@Codwater,

A good refresher is cliff notes….lol I kept my cliff notes from school and I have the laminated study guide for accounting that has all the entry level stuff, dr and cr, cost of goods sold. These are sold at the local bookstores or on the local college campus at very little cost. I certainly know how you feel, I was asking myself the same questions until I remembered my stash. Far is definitely a bully, use any tools you can to pass….

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader.....time to pass

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

jeff
    Keymaster

I unsticked these so I'm giving it one last bump so the December people could find it.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 15 replies - 1,741 through 1,755 (of 1,757 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.