[Q2] FAR Study Group 2014 - Page 2

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

I’ve had a few requests for April/May Study Groups…March will be here before you know it.

In order to take an early April exam, you should begin studying…now. šŸ™‚

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 6,668 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jen123
    Participant

@oilgas- yes, 3 young babies who keep me so busy. By the time 9 pm rolls around I am exhausted and studying is not what I want to do, but I HAVE TO. I remember talking to you about this. I have been studying just not at the pace I should be. My NTS expires April 23rd so it is time to kick it into high gear. I have never taken a section so I am nervous. I often wonder if I am cut out for this. I will listen to a lecture and understand but when it's time to work the MCQ I don't remember. I am following the NINJA outline of listen to lectures first. I am ready to be done with the lectures and start applying to MCQ's. I think I will gain a better understanding and feel more confident once I start to see that I can do it. Yes, let's do hold each other accountable. You are right, failing just prolongs our time away from our family, so let's do it right the first time.

mrsimple

I'm in too. hopefully by 2nd score release wave.

I have been studying since after Christmas. Original planned on taking FAR in Q2. However, my Peers pushed me to take in Q1 to not waste a window, study even harder, and to gauge myself…

At this point, I have done the Passmaster only 1.5 times, and only half way though the WTB.

With 14 study days left (minus sleep,work), that gives me about 45-55 study hours left. I won't have enough time to complete the study plan used that made me successful on the previous three.

So, I am 99.99999% sure I fail in Q1. Hopefully finish up Q2

FAR - 44, 63, 65, 77
    BEC - 57, 77
    AUD - 68, 62, 71, 89
    REG - 66, 79

CA Ethics: 94

A setback is a setup for a comeback

UHC2005

Been studying since January and was going to take it in February, but I didn't feel I was anywhere near being ready. I feel like I'm just starting to make strides in my studying on how to implement the Ninja Notes with the review course I'm using. I'm thinking some time in early April.

Using Ninja MCQ, NINJA Notes, Audio, Flashcards and BLITZ, and 2014 Wiley Text

FAR - (61,63)
    AUD - (68)

Keep Calm and RTMFQ

Accountant, what is best in life? To crush your MCQs, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their SIMS!

jen123
    Participant

@mrsimple – I was going to try to attempt it at the end of this month as well, but I haven't been able to get through the material. Great job on the parts you have passed. You are almost there. That is awesome! Good luck to you!

@UHC – I have also been studying since January, so I am hoping that I am not taking too long to study. I do plan on going back through everything once I am done with my lectures, but I hear a lot about people saying 3 months is too long. I am also going to use the NINJA notes (have them, but haven't looked at them yet) and I listen to the NINJA audio.

What is your study strategy?

UHC2005

@Jen – It took me some time going back and forth writing the Ninja notes and doing MCQs to realize what I needed to do. Unfortunately for me, the books that I received with the Exam Matrix course are more resource based than topic based like I assume the Wiley book is. There's no set order to book and it tends to jump around and there's no designated IFRS section, explanations are interspersed in the book.

I've been listening to the audio since I got it.

As far as the MCQs, before I would just write the explanation to right answer down. Now, I'm going through the choices and trying to understand why things are right and wrong, instead of just writing down the answer. I tend to talk through MCQs as I see them, so this seems to go along with my train of thought.

I haven't touched the TBSs yet, but I've found a lot of insight from this post on here regarding both MCQs and TBSs:

https://www.another71.com/cpa-exam-forum/topic/how-i-raised-my-far-score-by-23-points

Using Ninja MCQ, NINJA Notes, Audio, Flashcards and BLITZ, and 2014 Wiley Text

FAR - (61,63)
    AUD - (68)

Keep Calm and RTMFQ

Accountant, what is best in life? To crush your MCQs, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their SIMS!

I am so worried that I do not have an exam strategy yet or even started studying. First day of study is this upcoming monday. I will be shooting to take the exam april 14th…Hopefully I do not lose anytime. Honestly I don't even know if I'm an auditory, visual, or reading learner so really dont know what material is best for me. On top of all that my family is pretty broke so I think i might be forced to use the Wiley book and cut some grass to save money for the WTB.

I haven't started studying and im already stressed.

FAR: April or May 2014
    AUD:
    REG:
    BEC:
    Scared: 100

FAR first and only attempt: 2014 Wiley textbook, 10 Pt Combo, and WTB

I only get one try to have to give it my all and try to get 75 on my first go around.

-The only thing that stands between you and what you want out of life is the will to try and the faith to believe it's possible.

jen123
    Participant

@UHC – That is a great post. It looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me. Now, I need more energy to stay up late and get it done šŸ™‚ Keep us posted on how your studying is going.

jennibfox

Hello Everyone, This is my first go at the CPA exam. I have had the Becker stuff since October but was having a hard time finding motivation to get it done. Now I am completely focused. I would like to take all four exams in the next 6 months. I need to complete FAR first. I have covered a lot of the material but do not feel mastered with much. I plan to take the test first week of April. I am using Becker, Ninja Notecards, and Wiley Test Bank. I hope if I master most of this material I will pass! We will do this!

FAR - JULY 2014 - PASSED
    BEC - MAY 2015 - PASSED
    REG - AUG 2015 - PASSED
    AUD - AUG 31 2015

matt
    Participant

Glad to see this group created! I'm using CPAexcel and have scheduled myself for May 28th. I started studying in mid-January. My plan is to finish CPAexcel early to mid- April and spend the rest of the time rewriting the NINJA notes and going hard on the MCQs in the WTB.

Some people have said they're concerned I'm too far ahead of the schedule but I plan to keep fresh through the notes/audio/flashcards and WTB. Has anyone else used that strategy in the past?

One thing that concerns me is the SIMs. Does WTB include SIMs? I haven't logged in because I don't want to start my 1 year access clock.

done

FAR: 89
    BEC: 88
    REG: 81
    AUD: 76

CPAexcel, NINJA 10 point combo, & NINJA MCQ

"Pain is temporary, it may last for a minute, or an hour, or a day, or even a year...but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit however, it will last forever."

oilgaslb

As for energy – I've found that those Neuro Sonic drinks work. I'm almost positive it's a placebo effect, but whatever works, right?! I've also tried the Bliss for when I'm super stressed – even just reducing the stress helps me focus. As I said…placebo? most likely. Yummy and gets the job done most night? yes šŸ™‚

jennibfox

@oilgaslb – Are you using Becker as your main study tool?

FAR - JULY 2014 - PASSED
    BEC - MAY 2015 - PASSED
    REG - AUG 2015 - PASSED
    AUD - AUG 31 2015

MaineTrainTootToot
    Participant

Let's gooooooooo!!!! Test April 7!!!!! Enough talk!!!!

Toot! Toot! Freight train coming through!!!!

FAR: 64, 70, Q2
    AUD: 71
    REG: Awaiting Score
    BEC: 2/29

Shane

Finally made up my mind to take the exam after pushing it back to back years.

Wiley Focus Notes, NINJA Notes (OLD Version) and Wiley Test Bank w/ Yeager Review.

Any clue if Exam can be taken on May 31 (SAT)?

I am going for FAR first

matt
    Participant

@Shane – I believe you can. I signed up the other day for May 28th and I want to say May 31 was open too. Don't take this info to the bank though, double check to confirm.

done

FAR: 89
    BEC: 88
    REG: 81
    AUD: 76

CPAexcel, NINJA 10 point combo, & NINJA MCQ

"Pain is temporary, it may last for a minute, or an hour, or a day, or even a year...but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit however, it will last forever."

oilgaslb

@jennib – yes I am. It helped me pass BEC when I actually focused so I'm hoping for the same result this time around šŸ™‚

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 6,668 total)
  • The topic ‘[Q2] FAR Study Group 2014 - Page 2’ is closed to new replies.