FAR Study Group 2022

• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by jeff.
  • Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

Welcome to the FAR CPA Exam Study Group for Q1 2022.

Please introduce yourself, what course(s) you’re using, and let us know how your FAR studying is going (or not going).

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    Attachments:
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    ChristieF
    Participant

Hi everyone! I tested in December and received a 61 so I'm planning on retaking 1/28. Trying to focus on MCQs and Sims and going through Ninja notes, etc. Fingers crossed this time around.

FAR - 61, retake 1/22

AUD - 2022

REG - 2022

BEC - 2022

shaya.wikler
    Participant

Go for the UWorld course. Jeff even recommends it. I used it and I'm now all done! Good luck!

CPA
    RobOh
    Participant

Good luck @ChristieF , my fingers are crossed for ya too. Make sure you don't skip any areas, attack it from a fresh start and don't avoid those areas where you are weaker. This exam has a way of finding our weak spots, but you also have to make sure that you don't forget those areas that you are stronger in as well. You probably already know this, but it's important that you not only understand why the correct answer choice is correct but you should also know why the other choices are incorrect. Keep studying hard and you will get there!

FAR - 78

BEC - 87

REG - 82

AUD - 82

Numb3rs
    Participant

Hi All! For a fresh start to pass these exams, I've just purchased Rogers material, coming from using Wiley's; it's taking some getting use to. Any pointers on how to use Roger's material efficiently and effectively?

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    "A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to rest; So shall your poverty come like  a prowler..." - Proverbs 24:33-34a
    Study999
    Participant

Hi all, I started studying for FAR a few weeks ago using Becker. I have to say it's tough with having a full time job. I come home around 7 and have 2-3 hours tops to study and then also have the weekends. I am 41 so I feel that I don't retain information as well as I used to. So any strategies anyone has to offer are very welcome and I would love to hear any advice.
    Thank you

E
    Vicky
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I am once again studying for FAR (the first section I studied/tested for) using Becker and Ninja. I work full-time and I'm dealing with a puppy/wedding planning so there's always something going on! My biggest struggle is trying to stay on a consistent schedule with studying. Hopefully chatting with you all gives me that boost I need.

BEC - Cleared

AUD - Ninja in Training

FAR - Ninja in Training

REG - Ninja in Training

jeff
    Keymaster

FAR Sparring: Investments in Equity Securities (Fair Value Method)

https://www.another71.com/cpa-tutoring-far-investments-in-equity-securities-fair-value-method/

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    CaroP
    Participant

Hello, I have my first exam in May for FAR. I've had to reschedule the exam because of my lack of studying. Having a full time job is difficult but Ninja has helped me a lot. Its tools allow me to review material when I get a small breaks. I'm also using this forum as a way to stay motivated and consistent with studying.

FAR- In training- scheduled
    BEC- In training
    REG- In training
    AUD- In training
    Study999
    Participant

Hi CaroP, I am in the same boat with a full time job. I get home around 7 and only have around 2-3 a night to study plus the weekends. It can be really tough, even when having tools like Becker which seems to be pretty good. I have been reading posts on google regarding how many hours you are supposed to study for each exam and also forum posts which help me to not get discouraged by the sheer volume of material. This one is a marathon, not a sprint for sure! Good luck!

E
    CaroP
    Participant

Thank you Study999, definitely trying to stay confident and motivated is key!

FAR- In training- scheduled
    BEC- In training
    REG- In training
    AUD- In training
    jeff
    Keymaster

FAR Sparring – Accounting for Consolidations

https://www.another71.com/far-cpa-exam-tutoring-accounting-for-consolidations/

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.