FAR 2017 RETAKE - Page 2

• Creator
    Topic
    hwasup7
    Participant

Heya!

So I failed my FAR in Feb by 2 points…(yes, got a 73) and I am retaking it on 10th of April, which is 26 days from today! I studied with 2016 Becker book (a hardcopy book that I got from eBay) for my first attempt, and got Ninja Notes and MCQ for the retake. For the retake, I re-read the Becker book once, and have been going through Ninja Note as often as I can. I just got Ninja MCQ yesterday. I have done about 6 sets of 30 questions, and I keep getting 63~66! I am honestly getting frustrated and worried. I feel like I know the stuff but I keep getting low scores, and I am in this state when you know you have a lot of work to be done but so worried/annoyed that you don’t even know what/where to start with. Any suggestion on how to study for the retake? PLEASE HELP ME

AUD - 76
    BEC - 91
    FAR - 85
    REG - 86
    There is no talent; only obsession and strong work ethic
Viewing 5 replies - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anthony
    Participant

@hwasup7 I ran with Cpaexcel first to go over the lectures and do the the mcq problems right after each lecture. Once I went over everything, I did nothing but Ninja MCQ and of course I took notes when needed.

I did a few simulations and found them too easy, so I stopped doing them on my final review.

Right after I found out I've failed I stopped using Ninja and bought Gleim premium. Right now doing nonstop 25 practice question sets from all topics. I plan on adding Gleim simulations in to the mix next week and really hoping to do them at least 2-3 times each before exam day.

Going through Gleim makes Ninja MCQ a kids toy. Don't get me wrong Ninja is OK, but there wasn't a kick unlike Gleim. I haven't touch Ninja in like a month or so, and went and did a random set of 30 a few days ago. Ending up with like only 2 questions wrong out of 30.

AUD - 82
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 81
    REG - 82
    FAR - 74 first attempt
    hwasup7
    Participant

@Anthony Now you are making me feel bad and worried… Looks like you have a better chance to pass than I do…I cannot afford to pay anymore extra money on study materials (Glein, especially, it's extremely costly). I really hope my studying method is enough to get the extra 2 points I need to pass…

AUD - 76
    BEC - 91
    FAR - 85
    REG - 86
    Anthony
    Participant

It's hard to say..But one thing is for sure, now that sims are worth a whooping 50% of your grade, you can't ride the MCQ scores to grab a 75-78 pass like when it was only 60% of your grade. If you flunk the sims it's pretty much game over and it wouldn't mattered if you are given a harder second testlet or not.

AUD - 82
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 81
    REG - 82
    FAR - 74 first attempt
    hwasup7
    Participant

Is Ninja a good study tool? I am seriously regretting getting Ninja materials… I have only doing Ninja MCQ and been going over Ninja Notes for the past 4 days, and I don't feel like I am learning much… Should I focus more on Becker and use Ninja only for supplement? My problem with Becker is that I don't have the online access, so I've only got the questions on the back of each chapter (20*10), 2011-2016 Released questions (50 each year), and extra 200 questions from Becker. It is just that I have all done them once before my first attempt at FAR, and that is exactly why I got Ninja MCQ… to try more questions… I feel like I should've gotten something else…

AUD - 76
    BEC - 91
    FAR - 85
    REG - 86
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@hwasup7 – to answer your question about there being a TBS on coming up with a government-wide statement, it's entirely possible. That's why during my own studying I memorized the formats of the fund statements and the government-wide statements. And now, 2 months or so after taking FAR, I've definitely forgotten a few things about them and later this year will go back and review them.

Since we're talking about this, I will give you a piece of advice about memorizing the four statements and also the CAFR (Comprehensive Annual Financial Report)…for the statements, Roger uses the clever mnemonic PDCSG IPIPEA (translation: Police Department Consents to Smoking Grass so *I* smoke my *PIPE* *Alot* – Permanent fund, Debt Service fund, Capital Projects fund, Special purpose fund, General fund (all modified accrual); Internal Service fund, Pension Trust fund, Investment trust, Private-purpose trust fund, Enterprise fund, Agency fund (all accrual).

And, for the CAFR: Indiana Farms Soybeans ; Lots Of Nutrients And Many Green Fields Never Brown ; Farmers Revenues Decrease During October

Intro section
    Financial section
    Statistical section

Letter of transmittal from government officials
    Organizational chart
    Names of primary Officers
    Auditors Report
    Management Discussion and Analysis
    Government-wide statements
    Fund financial statements
    Notes to the financial statements
    Budgetary schedules

Financial trends
    Revenue capacity
    Debt capacity
    Demographics
    Operating information

Viewing 5 replies - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.