17 days until doomsday 2.0

• Creator
    Topic
    tomq04
    Participant

FAR round is April 8, and I do not even feel close at this point.

1100 questions not yet answered correctly, and 175 TBS not answered correctly on CPAexcel. I have ~3 hours/day I can really work, and I can listen to one ninja audio section each direction to and from work, and perhaps sneak in a blitz or 2/day as well, and i’m trying to get in the habit of looking at flash cards on my phone whenever i have a down minute at work… which is frequent.

I do take notes of any incorrect questions, not neccessarily to the extent some folks do (write out full questions etc), but I’m doing my best!

Should I:

1) Do only MCQ and the sims topic by topic (current approach)

2) Random MCQ (20 question testlets), and focus on rewriting ninja notes daily

3) Some combination of this?

REG- (1) 76
    FAR- (2) 64, (5)74, (7)83 (Over achiever!)
    AUD- (3) 70, (4) 75
    BEC- (6) 75

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm not sure how CPAExcel does their quesitons, but if you know which topics cover most of the 1100 questions you aren't getting right–I would focus on rewriting those notes and repeating those questions for a few days. Try to nail down those topics and then jump to taking multiple topic MCQ sets. I learn much better when I do 60+ MCQ on one topic before I go to the next topic because I really learn the concepts by the end of the 60+ questions. Multiple topic quizzes don't do much for me because you can't really focus on any one concept in particular when you only get one question on it. Good luck on your exam!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm not sure how CPAExcel does their quesitons, but if you know which topics cover most of the 1100 questions you aren't getting right–I would focus on rewriting those notes and repeating those questions for a few days. Try to nail down those topics and then jump to taking multiple topic MCQ sets. I learn much better when I do 60+ MCQ on one topic before I go to the next topic because I really learn the concepts by the end of the 60+ questions. Multiple topic quizzes don't do much for me because you can't really focus on any one concept in particular when you only get one question on it. Good luck on your exam!

tomq04, we are in the same boat testing on the same day. I think my note writing it getting in the way of retaining information. I must zone out or something cause nothing is sticking. I just read notes on Cashflow statements without writing anything and it calmed me down. Going to read notes at work tomorrow and do MCQs in the evening.

Florida:
    AUD: 73, 81! Thank you Lord!
    BEC: 73, 77! Thank you Lord! and WTB
    REG: 71, 82! Thank you Lord! and A71
    FAR: 72, 78! Thank you God and my Mommy in Heaven!

CPA Excel, Ninja Notes & Audio, Wiley Test Bank, CPAreviewforfree

tomq04, we are in the same boat testing on the same day. I think my note writing it getting in the way of retaining information. I must zone out or something cause nothing is sticking. I just read notes on Cashflow statements without writing anything and it calmed me down. Going to read notes at work tomorrow and do MCQs in the evening.

Florida:

tomq04
    Participant

I occasionally forget the power of reading vs focusing on writing, i've noticed i do pretty well with reading retention…not that writing them isn't “better”, I just get so overwhelmed…

REG- (1) 76
    AUD- (3) 70, (4) 75
    BEC- (6) 75

tomq04
    Participant

I occasionally forget the power of reading vs focusing on writing, i've noticed i do pretty well with reading retention…not that writing them isn't “better”, I just get so overwhelmed…

REG- (1) 76
    AUD- (3) 70, (4) 75
    BEC- (6) 75

Anonymous
    Inactive

FAR is ridiculously overwhelming. Come over to the Q2 study group. Teetee and I are in that and we all help calm each other down and focus. It's a good group of people there to support everyone's efforts at passing the beast!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

FAR is ridiculously overwhelming. Come over to the Q2 study group. Teetee and I are in that and we all help calm each other down and focus. It's a good group of people there to support everyone's efforts at passing the beast!!

Yes, exactly and FAR has so much information. I can't use the same strategy as I did with the other exams. Thanks for confirming I'm not losing it over here 🙂

Florida:

Yes, exactly and FAR has so much information. I can't use the same strategy as I did with the other exams. Thanks for confirming I'm not losing it over here 🙂

Florida:

Anonymous
    Inactive

TomQ: Good luck with the FAR Beast! I focused on my weak areas topic by topic and then did random MCQs five days before exam. This was in addition to reading my Ninja notes (filled with fact nuggets) every single night. I did the MCQs in study mode only. Leave exam mode for exam day!

Tee: I assure you that are normal. =)

Anonymous
    Inactive

TomQ: Good luck with the FAR Beast! I focused on my weak areas topic by topic and then did random MCQs five days before exam. This was in addition to reading my Ninja notes (filled with fact nuggets) every single night. I did the MCQs in study mode only. Leave exam mode for exam day!

Tee: I assure you that are normal. =)

tomq04
    Participant

Baxter, I've never tried the study mode method… I just like to have the feeling of “accomplishment” which is what I get with regards to finishing all the questions available, despite that probably not being the most effective use of my time… I'm going to chug at it one more week, and then give it up with 2 weeks to go and go more into the notes/blitz and specific review focus.

REG- (1) 76
    AUD- (3) 70, (4) 75
    BEC- (6) 75

tomq04
    Participant

Baxter, I've never tried the study mode method… I just like to have the feeling of “accomplishment” which is what I get with regards to finishing all the questions available, despite that probably not being the most effective use of my time… I'm going to chug at it one more week, and then give it up with 2 weeks to go and go more into the notes/blitz and specific review focus.

REG- (1) 76
    AUD- (3) 70, (4) 75
    BEC- (6) 75

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.