Took FAR Feb 2014 and passed it! - Page 5

• Creator
    Topic

On my exam, all 90 MCs were pretty easy; however, it covered A LOT OF of materials, including significant amount of questions related to IFRS. 2 weeks before the exam I practiced all AICPA released questions from 2006-2013. “90%” of the MCs were very similar to those released questions. NONE of the MCs questions were tricky!!!! Also, I didn’t think my testlets got significant harder. Overall, testlets 2&3 had MORE “BASIC” calculation questions.

THEN, sims condemned me from heaven to HELL. I was confident about ONLY 2 out of 7 sims problems. The last hour of my exam I thought I was dreaming and literally saw stars at the comer of my eyes. I had 1 hour and 20 mins to work on my sims, and it was NOT ENOUGH. I spent a lot of time to read through the questions and sometimes questions I didn’t know how to start. I left one sim problem empty cuz I ran out of time….. I felt dizzy when I walked out the testing center.

However, I passed with my 1st attempt!!!! THANKS GOD!!!! (((cry)))) My suggestion for the FAR section is to go through ALL AICPA released questions as many times as you can for preparing MCs. I thought I had enough time for Sims, so I actually double checked all 3 MC testlets. That was my mistake!!!! I would suggest to finish MCs as fast as you can then leave at least an hour and half to two hours for sims. I am using Becker, and it does NOT prepare me enough for simulation questions. Knowing journal entries is critical! Good luck to everyone!

FAR... Passed
    Audit... Passed on the second try
    Reg.... Passed
    BEC... Passed

Viewing 8 replies - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

This post has been really helpful! Thanks all. I will be working on the AICPA questions. I have never used them before

Anonymous
    Inactive

This post has been really helpful! Thanks all. I will be working on the AICPA questions. I have never used them before

Anonymous
    Inactive

I also found this thread to be very helpful! Good luck to everyone on their upcoming exams this window.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I also found this thread to be very helpful! Good luck to everyone on their upcoming exams this window.

Not a Quitter
    Participant

I'd like to bump this thread as well. Very helpful.

FAR- 85 I'm DONE!
    BEC- 75
    REG- 60,60,75
    AUD- 74,74,83

CPAExcel used for BEC, AUD, REG
    Exam Matrix used for FAR plus NINJA Blitz, cpareviewforfree and a little CPAExcel

Not a Quitter
    Participant

I'd like to bump this thread as well. Very helpful.

FAR- 85 I'm DONE!
    BEC- 75
    REG- 60,60,75
    AUD- 74,74,83

CPAExcel used for BEC, AUD, REG
    Exam Matrix used for FAR plus NINJA Blitz, cpareviewforfree and a little CPAExcel

greendotme

My first post. Took FAR yesterday. What a freaking experience. I killed the M/C with little over 2 hours for the SIMs. My testlet were Easy/Medium, Easy/Medium, Medium/Hard. Felt like I guessed on more than 18 questions. On the SIMs I tacked the ones that I though I knew first (sad enough I got one of those wrong after I came home and checked), nailed the 2 research questions, left me with this last SIM that I was least familiar with but had some idea (might be a throw away question but I feel I nailed that SIM as well after I checked the book when I got home).

I personally think my M/C score may suffer because I tried leaving more time for the SIMs. What do you guys think about my experience? Do you guys think I'll make it out with a passing score? I hate this waiting game for the score

greendotme

My first post. Took FAR yesterday. What a freaking experience. I killed the M/C with little over 2 hours for the SIMs. My testlet were Easy/Medium, Easy/Medium, Medium/Hard. Felt like I guessed on more than 18 questions. On the SIMs I tacked the ones that I though I knew first (sad enough I got one of those wrong after I came home and checked), nailed the 2 research questions, left me with this last SIM that I was least familiar with but had some idea (might be a throw away question but I feel I nailed that SIM as well after I checked the book when I got home).

I personally think my M/C score may suffer because I tried leaving more time for the SIMs. What do you guys think about my experience? Do you guys think I'll make it out with a passing score? I hate this waiting game for the score

Viewing 8 replies - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.