Took FAR 10/2 - Page 2

• Creator
    Topic
    tomq04
    Participant

Took FAR after 100-125 hours of study over 11 weeks.

I felt GREAT, even though my final practice quiz i took 2 nights ago ending in a horrible failing grade and me ending in a ball of tears. I am convinced you are not prepared for a test if you have not found your self in a ball sobbing.

8 weeks until AUD, still working full time and a wife and child who are sick of me studying! That being said, all my family is hugely supportive and proud of me, the only thing keeping me going.

If I can do this, SO CAN YOU!

Proud of all of you who are trudging through this, even if I know nothing about you and your situation…you are awesome!

Ninja Tom

REG- (1) 76
    FAR- (2) 64, (5)74, (7)83 (Over achiever!)
    AUD- (3) 70, (4) 75
    BEC- (6) 75

Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    UCMCPA

Never balled or even remotely come close to crying. But everyone has a different level of emotional stress and expresses it differently. However, I don't have a child, which I'm sure plays a huge role.

Glad you felt decent about your test though.

FAR - 84
    AUD - 94
    REG - 86
    BEC - 86

tomq04
    Participant

I know the hardest part on me physically is the hours that I can actually study. (pre-toddler wake up time!) So I get up between 4:20 and 4:45 every morning to squeeze in 1-2 hours of study before I get side tracked by the market opening at 6:30 (west cost time). I never get to bed before 10, and 11 or later happens more than once/week. I do study at lunch 3 times/week, but even that gets hard as i've had 6 months straight where family time was eating dinner… these 2 things take quite an emotional toll on anyone, with sleep being the primary problem.

Anyone know how to get another 4 hours out of the day?

REG- (1) 76
    AUD- (3) 70, (4) 75
    BEC- (6) 75

tomq04
    Participant

I know the hardest part on me physically is the hours that I can actually study. (pre-toddler wake up time!) So I get up between 4:20 and 4:45 every morning to squeeze in 1-2 hours of study before I get side tracked by the market opening at 6:30 (west cost time). I never get to bed before 10, and 11 or later happens more than once/week. I do study at lunch 3 times/week, but even that gets hard as i've had 6 months straight where family time was eating dinner… these 2 things take quite an emotional toll on anyone, with sleep being the primary problem.

Anyone know how to get another 4 hours out of the day?

REG- (1) 76
    AUD- (3) 70, (4) 75
    BEC- (6) 75

G3

I never had the tears during studying…yet.

However, I did break down during the last half hour of my REG exam (yes, actually crying as I worked through the simulations) and it turned out that I not only passed but I had my highest exam grade to date! 🙂

We will see what my FAR (10/29) and AUID (11?26) exams reveal

Good luck on AUD @tomq04 🙂

3XBEC:75 * 4XREG:82 * 4XFAR:76 * 7XAUD:77

“It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.” Theodore Roosevelt

G3

I never had the tears during studying…yet.

However, I did break down during the last half hour of my REG exam (yes, actually crying as I worked through the simulations) and it turned out that I not only passed but I had my highest exam grade to date! 🙂

We will see what my FAR (10/29) and AUID (11?26) exams reveal

Good luck on AUD @tomq04 🙂

3XBEC:75 * 4XREG:82 * 4XFAR:76 * 7XAUD:77

“It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.” Theodore Roosevelt

jeff
    Keymaster

If you would, please re-post here so that these experience posts are in one spot for people's benefit: https://www.another71.com/cpa-exam-forum/topic/far-exam-experience-official-thread

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    jeff
    Keymaster

If you would, please re-post here so that these experience posts are in one spot for people's benefit: https://www.another71.com/cpa-exam-forum/topic/far-exam-experience-official-thread

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.