FAR Q4 (2018) – EXAM EXPERIENCE - Page 2

• Creator
    Topic
    Lily
    Participant

Hello all those who took AFR in Oct or Nov 2018,
    Can you please share your exam experiences?

Thank you.

Viewing 9 replies - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Matt
    Participant

@Asdf – I took it yesterday and wish I had read your post on the 9th. You're spot on.

asdf
    Participant

@Matt
    I know..I was like this..
    ok, this is gov and next one, ok, this is nfp after another question, gov acct AGAIN??????!!!!!

By the way, How do you all differentiate 2nd testlet is medium or harder?
    My 2nd testlet questions began with very lengthy ones
    but there were several simple questions, too.

FAR - Passed

REG - Passed

AUD - Passed

BEC - July 2020 - PASSSSED!!!!!

-----------------------------------------

PETH - Oct 2020 - Passed  😉

Matt
    Participant

@Asdf – I try not think about the 2nd testlet being easier or harder, as I don't want to psych myself out. I thought most of the TBS questions were easier and straight forward. Definitely a lot of documents and a lot of info to sift through. I wish I had studied Gov/NFP more. I concentrated my studying on CF statements, Bank Recs, and fund types/gov financial statements based on failing FAR in Q3. It's definitely anyone's guees on what will actually be on the exam. I will say I marked more questions in the 2nd testlet to review and spent more time than I had allocated.

I don't know how testing my NFP/GOV accounting knowledge relates to my corporate public company finance job…

ES626cpa
    Participant

I took FAR last Friday, and oh my gosh were the sims so difficult! Each SIM had a ton of documents to review, and ran out of time bc of it! This was my second time taking it. Considering switching to Becker or Roger for FAR only.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 77
    FAR - 80
    REG - 75
    • Few will have the greatness to bend history itself, but each of us can work to change a small portion of events and in total of all those acts will be written the history of this generation. It is from the numberless, diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. - RFK
    Matt
    Participant

@Asdf – Received a 73 on the Q4 FAR exam. I was comparable in Gov't and weaker in all other areas. Were other areas tested, ha? How do I score a 73 and be weaker in 3/4 areas? I really do not understand the scoring method.

Raynaldo.Ortiz93
    Participant

I started making videos of my experiences and FAR was my first exam. Although I somehow passed, it was without a doubt the most painful experience in my life.
    Here are my tips and I have a full crying experience video as well from 2 hours after completing it.
    https://youtu.be/ORVzsNJF4AY

ChiCPA258
    Participant

LOL I got 74 on this exam this quarter. Stronger in all areas and comparable in Gov, also stronger in MCQ but weaker on SIMs. This score report is a total joke.

REG - 73, 76

AUD - 77

BEC - 75

FAR - 70, 12/19 Release Retake

“Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit”

F - 71, 76
    A - 59, 70 ( 3rd time is a charm?)
    R - 2/16
    B - 77

HamsterEat
    Participant

I took FAR twice and finally passed using Ninja only this time around. I used Becker the first time but I coudln't really absorb the information back then, I guess it just didn't wok for me. I did non-stop Ninja MCQ this time and made sure I understand each answer explanation, I also watched Bob's video when I get tired of doing MCQ, his videos are very helpful.

Don't give up
    Operation_CPA
    Participant

For those that read my post above on 12/6 – I just wanted to say that I ended up passing with a 76. What really worked for me was not allowing too much time to go by between the various sections//modules within Becker. They key to this exam is keeping everything as fresh as possible. My first few attempts I simply let way too much time go by.

FAR - 76 (Lost credit), 76
    AUD - 80
    BEC - 76
    REG - 75

Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.

Viewing 9 replies - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.