Wiley – Anyone know all the actual lesson assignments with FAR 2018 updates?

• Creator
    Topic
    BoyNextDoor
    Participant

Wiley Question –
    The updated 2018 FAR update content is here:

Wiley CPAexcel Content Updates Eligible for Testing July 1, 2020

The only thing this is missing is GASB No. 86 Certain Debt Extinguishment Issues.

I would like to know the actual lesson assignment #’s so I do not miss any when I am sifting through all 262 lessons.

Anyone happen to have them mapped out for the FAR 2018 content updates?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    BoyNextDoor
    Participant

bump

stran620
    Participant

Came here looking for exactly the same thing. I have emailed Wiley asking and will call if I do not hear back via email. Will report back with useful info if I get any!

BoyNextDoor
    Participant

@stran620

If anyone is just starting FAR there is nothing to worry about, just go through the lessons normally.

I'm already done with all Wiley lessons, so this is important so that I can learn the new material that has changed. I watched the Wiley webinar on exam updates:

Wiley CPAexcel

Revenue recognition, financial instruments and business combinations are the biggest changes to FAR.

Revenue recognition is totally different, they eliminated earned and realized.

NFP eliminated unrestricted, temporarily restricted and permanently restricted net assets and replaced them with new terms.

Here are the 2018 updates with the Topics and ASU's that changed.

stran620
    Participant

I'm in the same boat as you. I've already gone through all the FAR material and am currently studying for a re-test. Also, I study best from printed notes & slides, so I want to make sure I update all my printed material now.

I have read over their page of subject areas that were updated for 2018, but I am more concerned with knowing which lessons specifically were updated so that I can rest assured that I've updated my hard copy notes. I know I can go to each topic heading listed in the updated content page, but I guess I am just worried that the topics with updates are mentioned in various areas of our study material under less obvious headings and I am missing them.

And now typing this out, I think I am just stressing out and being over-analytical about things that are not such a big deal at the end of the day. Chronic effects of FAR sigh.

Thanks for the info.

BoyNextDoor
    Participant

@stran620

Let us know if Wiley responds to your email!

I do have a hunch that they may release more info at a later time about updates, but we'll see.

BoyNextDoor
    Participant

@stran620

Wiley has now included the lesson assignments in the original link I posted above.

It's all there, check it out and good luck studying.

stran620
    Participant

Thank you for the heads up! MUCH appreciated!! Good luck to you too!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.