Wiley 2012 Test bank have errors? - Page 3

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok I’m going through the test bank from Wiley for BEC and there seem to be a ton of errors on these problems? Such as it will list numbers but not give you an actual question to answer or the correct answer explanation has labeling and mathematical errors… is anyone else encountering this?!

Viewing 5 replies - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Replies

@SarahB thanks for the feedback. We have discussed this internally at Wiley with the Test Bank team and Customer Service team and will track the issue more closely to better understand the technical reasons for “buttons disappearing” and how to prevent it from happening. In general the solution is to clear the browser and java cache but we recognize it would be much better if this did not happen at all.

The Knowledge item for this issue is here: https://wileycpa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10887/kw/10887

Apologies for the long wait time. The wait time shown is an average of the past 10 Customer Service incidents so it looks back in time to predict the future wait times and is an approximation.

In terms of ITAX-0116 our team reviewed it and determined that both question and explanation referred to 2014 but we will double check again and I'll will post back with a definitive update on that issue.

Thanks again for posting and we will work to improve to meet our customer's and our own high expectations for service and accuracy.

futuremdcpa

This is in reference to REG-SIM-0016, question #7.

In a complete liquidation of a corporation, isn't gain/loss recognized by a corporation when assets are distributed to a minority shareholder? Wiley is saying no loss is recognized under a liquidation to a minority shareholder? Am I wrong? My exam is in a week! Please anyone help asap!

REG: PASS || BEC: PASS || AUD: PASS || F: SCORE PENDING..

SarahB

@Wiley CPA Exam Review – I am glad you are reviewing the issue.

I will admit, it is my fault that I did not uncheck the “preserve favorite website data” button when I cleared the cache (a detail which is mentioned in the knowledge item). My frustration was with the fact that I absolutely could not get through to anyone for help. Once I was able to speak with a technical service agent, the issue was resolved quickly.

As for ITAX-0116, it is the way it reads that is misleading, at least to me. The answer of April 15, 2014 is correct, however in the answer explanation, the last two sentences read to me as if they are referring to the question and giving an answer of April 15, 2015. In re-reading the explanation, I can see how the authors are simply trying to explain the concept – not referring directly to the question.

Regardless of my frustrations, I do appreciate your product and the effort that goes into making it a useful tool for CPA candidates. Thank you.

AUD 76
    BEC 81
    FAR 65, 78
    REG 72, 70, 81 [Praise the LORD!]

COMPLETE 06/08/13!

Anonymous
    Inactive

When is the offline version of the testbank coming out?!?

@dtomasello we are on track to release the Offline Player this Monday July 2 — in order to push the update the TEST BANK WILL BE DOWN AND OFFLINE ON MONDAY.

Check http://www.wiley.com/go/cpasupport for updates.

Also see this link:

https://www.another71.com/cpa-exam-forum/topic/wiley-testbank-might-be-down-monday-july-2

Viewing 5 replies - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.