Just received my 2011 Wiley FAR book, good investment?

• Creator
    Topic
    mdrosenfeld

I have been studying the past few weeks with Becker for FAR and decided that purchasing Wiley as a supplement might not be a bad idea. Has anyone had success with the Wiley book? Was this worth the investment, and will it help me?

Thanks for any input!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Terrible investment. You shoulda just given your money to me rather than flush it down the toilet buying that book.

R PASS
    A PASS
    B PASS
    F AUGUST

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lol @ James

I also used the Wiley book as a supplement for Becker. I thought some parts of it were helpful. For example, I had an old Becker book w/o the IFRS stuff and Wiley has a IFRS summary at the end of each module that was helpful. This didn't translate that well to the Wiley MC, so I would actually read the text part instead of purely relying on the IFRS MC they have. A lot of the Wiley MC are more difficult than the Becker MC, so if you're able to do them successfully, it should mean that you truly understand the concepts. I also found the Wiley MC answer explanations better than Becker's…not the “B) is incorrect b/c A) is correct.” What's pretty annoying about Wiley is all the typos / incorrect dates. I know it's cheap, but would it hurt them to proofread / edit? Ultimately, it's more MC practice, which can't hurt, right?

mdrosenfeld

absolutely, thanks for the input,

VetTechToCPA

I only used Wiley (and old textbooks for the occasional reference) to study for FAR, and I passed on my first try. So, I definitely found it helpful, pretty labor intensive, but helpful.

FAR - 80
    REG - 82
    AUD - 92
    BEC - 81
    Ethics - 100

Anonymous
    Inactive

I mostly used Wiley to study for FAR (supplemented by Ninja notes and Gleim test bank) and I passed FAR on the first try. Its very labor intensive, and I dont think I studied as effeciently as I could with a formal review, but if you already have Becker then Wiley is a great supplement.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.