HELP!!! Wiley FAR 2011

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Can you guys help me???????????? I’m getting ready to schedule my first exam and i’m thinking of doing the FAR. Next, I want to purchase the 2011 Wiley FAR text book. Any sugguestion wheather i should go with something else……..PLEASE HELP ME.

Thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

If you have the $ Yaeger is a great review course for FAR and they teach from the Wiley book. I would also consider purchasing Gleim test prep.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Wiley text book is very very wordy / in-depth. If you don't have a good understanding of accounting / journal entries, I wouldn't recommend Wiley as it can be overwhelming. Unlike Becker, the Wiley text doesn't really offer any tricks that will help you identify what's important. Also, the MC questions are more difficult than what you'll see on the actual test.

I used both the Becker text and the Wiley text + questions and I think Wiley is a good supplement for Becker. If you get Becker, you might not even need a supplement as most people pass with just Becker. (I was just a little paranoid.) Wiley is probably the cheapest option, so maybe you should buy one of the books just to check it out and see if it works for you.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.