Roger 2016 FAR Book or Roger 2016 Cram for FAR?

• Creator
    Topic
    Texan_176
    Participant

So I failed FAR with a 74.

I have to pass in Q2 to keep BEC and be done with this torture.

I think what doomed me on this attempt was one IFRS thing they kept asking 3 times about and I did not know the construction completed contract and percent completion concepts to answer questions in the way they were asked. I would say those few questions were trick questions but no point in dwelling on it.

Anyway. my plan is to start fresh. I disposed of all of my notes and will start with the attitude of needing 75 points instead of just one more.

I have the 2014 UWorld Roger CPA Review book and my subscription to the full course expires in about 2 weeks. I don’t get much out of his lectures and find reading the book to be much more effective. He speeds through many parts such as the JEs for governmental accounting so if you relied only on the lecture you would be in trouble. BUT perhaps some tip he gives might have made the 1 point difference and I lost out not watching all lectures and reading the book instead.

His updates for the 2014 book require going back and forth to the printout that is about 30-40 pages long.

I plan to do one of the two options below.

Option 1

Buy the 2016 book for $75, read cover to cover, and NINJA MCQ after resetting my stats while making notes along the way. Let subscription to Roger lapse in March and test in April using NINJA to practice.

Option 2

Study from 2014 book and PDF update file, NINJA MCQ after stat reset, take notes, buy Roger Cram and watch the whole thing (2 month expiry) then test in May after hitting Roger Cram questions and SIMS.

What is the better option?

I am leaning towards #1. Everything on the test was covered in Roger’s review so there were no surprises at all. I think the Cram will not be worth buying but if you know otherwise do tell.

Also, do you think (pure speculation) that testing later in the window requires a higher test performance since they have scored so many exams already and have the option of limiting the overall pass rate at that stage?

In other words, would a 74 late in the window possibly be a 75 early in the window?

AUD - 83
    BEC - 77
    FAR - 83
    REG - 78
    Licensed TX CPA

BEC 11/29/14 77 (Roger)
    AUD 2/23/15 60 (Roger) 4/13/2015 83 (Roger & Ninja MCQ)
    REG 5/30/2015 66 (Roger & Ninja MCQ(7 hours only)) 8/23/2015 78 (Roger & Ninja MCQ)
    FAR 11/23/2015 60 (Roger & NINJA MCQ) 2/24/2016 74 (Roger & NINJA MCQ) 5/25/2016 83 (Roger+Roger CRAM & NINJA MCQ/NOTES)
    Texas Ethics Exam 92%

Licensed TX CPA Aug 2016

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.