2018 NINJA Updates - Page 2

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

NINJA Question –

NINJAs … I know you’re wondering about 2018 updates.

This FAR update has been the worst that I can remember. I thought the 2011 IFRS update was bad … then the 2013 AUD update … this has been worse 🙂

BUT …

The FAR NINJA Notes update is here …

(protected link – use your Scout/Sniper/Assault login)

FAR NINJA Notes

I have the FAR NINJA Audio updated for Financial Reporting … I’ll upload that next.

I still have some work to do on the other sections within the NINJA Audio and will be posting them.

FAR Book – update is coming this – this week

FAR MCQ – Content update is done … getting uploaded in the DB this week (that’s the plan)

Flashcards … BLITZ … etc … they are coming too.

The other sections have very minor tweaks, if at all.

Thanks for your patience (and for being NINJAs),

– jeff

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 13 replies - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jeff
    Keymaster

The new revenue recognition rules are a really big update.

‘Uuuugggggeeee

AFS and Trading equity securities went away … and a big update to NFP accounting.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)

As to:
    The new revenue recognition rules are a really big update.
    ‘Uuuugggggeeee

I haven't seen all the Ninja updates yet, but can you imagine the ‘new revenue recognition rules' will have CPA Exam questions on all 4 sections?

For FAR: Preparing FS – In SIMs, doing adjustments/correcting errors through worksheets, in columns, even JEs, adjusting and non-adjusting JEs? In MCQs, just calculating amounts through interpretation of question(s)?

For REG: Not so much I would say, maybe just the ‘new revenue recognition' of income reported for tax purposes. Since, even for the individual tax return, passive (maybe) & non-passive (self-employment – business-related income through pass-through entities like sole proprietorships and partnerships) use FS in the entity-level.

For BEC: It can only affect on FS preparation, the manner of recognizing revenues. They might not put anything on BEC, hard to say.

For AUD: Anything goes on Auditing. In the past actual exams, especially 2017 Q3/Q4, I saw FAR related topics. Just to think, Auditors audit FS prepared by the management.

As to,
    AFS and Trading equity securities went away … and a big update to NFP accounting.
    Too bad, I love this area of FAR.

AUD - 49
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 55
    Passed: AUD (75%'08/77%'17), REG (76%'09) & BLaw(77%'99); highest on FAR (63%'11/'15) & BEC (63%'11). Credit Hours: USA(PH)-BCom'85(4yr-grandfathered); UBC-(DAP'02/'19); DC-(BBA-Acctg.'22-4th yr)=over 150 hrs credits
    Anonymous
    Inactive

No more AFS???? I love it! I hate them so much! 🙂 LOL

jeff
    Keymaster

Still AFS – just not with equities 🙂

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    Q
    Participant

The MCQ database does is not picking the correct number of questions. For example in the conceptual framework standards section the first section of questions has 23 MCQs. If i click on that only and click 30 question it's making me do 30 question and not just on that topic its mixing the 30 through every topic on in the FAR MCQ review. It's kind of frustrating.

jeff
    Keymaster

It sounds like you’re picking a set of 23 questions with a total population of 30 so it’s pulling others in to meet the 30.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    Q
    Participant

Exactly. The problem is when I used the AUD material if the set only had 23 question then it didn't matter if i chose 30 or 50 only 23 question would be shown. Am I making any sense?

Q
    Participant

Also if I pick that same set of 23 question and put 15 minutes on only 1 question pops up when I go do the MCQs. This has to be a problem?

jeff
    Keymaster

Please email support and we will look at it. If the software is still working and you can study – I’ll have the tech look at it post-Christmas.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    Veronica
    Participant

Happy Holidays Jeff! I was planning to purchase the REG MCQ access only, but do not see that option anymore. I see the 3 plans that available, but would like just to purchase the MCQ access only.

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks!

FAR-78 (Roger and Ninja MCQs)
    AUD-89 (Roger and Ninja MCQs)
    BEC-79 (Roger and Ninja MCQs)
    REG- 2018
    jeff
    Keymaster

Hello – they are only sold in the packages – unless it’s for a renewal.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    Veronica
    Participant

Thanks for your quick reply. My access expired back in July 2017. Can I renew just the MCQs for REG? I already have the notes and audio.

Thanks!

FAR-78 (Roger and Ninja MCQs)
    AUD-89 (Roger and Ninja MCQs)
    BEC-79 (Roger and Ninja MCQs)
    REG- 2018
    jeff
    Keymaster

Sure thing – just email support please and we can make it happen.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
Viewing 13 replies - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.