Becker 2009 Edition – Please help

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have Becker 2009 edition and really can’t afford to buy the latest version. I plan to start studying for this exam soon and take the test by November 2010. Please tell me what you think. How outdated is this version?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    suzzette1
    Participant

Don't worry you will be fine. I used Becker 2009 for my BEC and Reg. section in Feb and May and I passed both sections. If there are changes it is just minimal in Reg. but you can go to Becker website they have an update for Chapters and topics for 2010. Be confident you can make it!!!!

BEC 2/8/10 - 75 (studied hard & prayed less)
    REG 5/15/10 - 88 (studied less but prayed hard)
    AUDITING 8/9/10 - 79 (studied hard and prayed hard)
    FAR 11/30/10 - 79 (studied hard and prayed hard) Thanks GOD! I'm DONE

moon
    Participant

@ dp, don't worry you should be fine. I used a 2007 version for my BEC last year. I passed the first time. Good Luck.

BEC-80
    FAR-74,79
    REG-August

Vern
    Participant

I can't imagine the program changing too much expect they will add the AICPA 2010 released questions

Audit Passed
    FAR Passed
    REG Passed
    BEC ??

maddy
    Participant

i am currently using the 2009 becker to prep for FAR (will be taking on july 1 .. eeekkkk!!).

i used the 2009 version to prep for AUD and REG too….. i think it's still good since i passed AUD and REG using this version.

i'm keeping my fingers crossed for FAR!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for all the input. It makes menfeel a lot better now knowing it should be fine.

rejeffy
    Participant

Financial chapter 3 in Becker changed. The acquisition method for consolidations is tested, not the purchase method. That's the big change. You should definitely try to get some materials for that newly tested method to be on the safe side. Good luck.

AUD - 89 REG - 81 BEC - 73, 74, 84 FAR - 56, 74, 83. . .Done 🙂

I'm a CPA! 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

REG will ok if you take it in 2010. If you are talking about any other versions though, FAR has changed since mid-2009 (you will be using section 3B instead of 3A).

Have you passed all other parts? The exam format and some content is changing in January 1, 2011, so all review books are going to have a major overhaul and contain substantial changes.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.