2-3 days before exam day!!

• Creator
    Topic
    Ninja Albert
    Participant

Hey every one how should the last 2-3 days before any exam should look like I always try to find tips ect. and never find anything in any forums, I myself am reading an rereading the content all the way to parametric, should we be looking at SIMs MCQS…

any tips will be appreciated

thank you

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    CaroP
    Participant

Hey, I haven't taken my first exam yet but here are the tips I've received from others that have passed: lots of audio during your free time, so in the car/ walking a dog/ doing dishes. Any opportunity you can hear audio on the material will help it sink in. && to continue the MCQs. Good luck on your exam! & keep us posted on what tips you end up using!!

FAR- In training- scheduled
    BEC- In training
    REG- In training
    AUD- In training
    Chris
    Participant

I have used the following in the final week leading up to 3 passes so far:
    -Reread the notes early in the week
    -2 sets of MCQ each day of the week in the amount that the section you are currently studying using (ex. AUD has 36 per MCQ testlet)
    -Practice test at roughly the same time as you will be taking it the day before the exam, and then only review that practice exam. I find that over studying day before wears me out more than it benefits me.

This is the method I have used to success but obviously tweaking to your strengths and weaknesses is appropriate. No one knows your studying needs better than you.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 78
    FAR - 75
    REG - 79
    Chris
    Ninja Albert
    Participant

Right rereading all the notes should be done, I haven't really done tons of MCQ not to take down my confidence but every topic I review I do like about 6-8 MCQ just to know I can apply the material and move on. testing on Monday for REG third time around after 2 fails of 71,74 I hope I get through it this time.

Thanks for the tips!

Ninja Albert
    Participant

hey just got out of exam today, hopefully did well, but you never know! I crammed and read as much material the past 2-3 days and took my exam in the afternoon that gave me the morning to go over a few topics. Many topics on exam day actually are pictured in my mind because the past 2-3 days so reviewing content coupled days before exam does help even if it's just reading material!

CaroP
    Participant

Thanks for the update! I scheduled an afternoon exam and wasn't sure if to study the day of but sounds like it's a good idea.

BEC- In training
    REG- In training
    AUD- In training
    Ninja Albert
    Participant

Yes I would take an afternoon, I have always take the morning just to relax have a good breakfast review a little and then travel to Prometric. You never know what can happen most of the time prometric is not around the corner from where you live.

CaroP
    Participant

You're right about that! The closest exam site near me is 20 miles away. On the bright side, I'll have plenty of travel time to listen to last minute audios (:

BEC- In training
    REG- In training
    AUD- In training
    Ninja Albert
    Participant

I think the notes may be more effective you will be covering more if not all the information in that topic. So notes is the way to go, and wow 20 miles that is far mine is about 6-7 miles away.

Ninja Albert
    Participant

HI @Caro, great news received a clear on REG, I basically did exactly what I said, last couple days get as much CONTENT as possible and reread the notes, and make sure you write your own notes. And for my self, taking the exam in the afternoon helped me most just to stay calm and be on time. Get there at least 45 MIN early and just relax and review in prometric, I feel that if you rush to prometric, you move quicker on exam and make more mistakes, Take your time. Good luck on your first exam!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.