What section to take before April 2017?

• Creator
    Topic
    CPAoneday
    Participant

I’m a recent graduate and I just got a job offer (yay!). I don’t start till January 3rd, which means I have 2 months to study and take an exam in the beginning of January before the busy season starts. I know usually people say to take FAR first, but I was thinking to take BEC or REG since they will be the most affected by the changes in April 2017. I’m currently not working but I have a 9 month old to take care of, so I’m going to study during the evenings/nights. Any advice?

AUD - 84
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 93
    REG - 93
    "If you're absent during my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success."   Will Smith

FAR oct 2016 working on it
    REG ??
    BEC ??
    AUD ??

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Tncincy
    Participant

This question has been posted before, from what I have read, BEC and REG if you have not taken and passed these parts then FAR.

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader.....time to pass

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

Trele6
    Participant

BEC and REG are getting harder so take them now while they are “easier”….

B - 80 Jun16
    A - 74 Aug16, 77 Oct16
    R - 87 Nov15
    F - 79 Apr16
    Ethics - 98 Nov16
    Licensed in New Mexico Dec16

First go at the CPA! Only using Becker
    Reg / Nov 2015 - 87
    Far / Apr 2016 - 79
    Bec / May 2016 - 80
    Aud / Aug 2016

suzieemac
    Participant

I'm aiming to pass BEC & REG before April. I took REG in October and I have BEC in a few weeks. If I don't pass one/both, I still have Jan/Feb to try again before work gets too busy for me to study. I just couldn't fathom sitting another hour for these two tests 🙁 Four hours of AUD was enough for me and I know I'll need a month of mental preparation alone for FAR. Three hours of REG was actually a relief in comparison. Its crazy because its never how I pictured my order of exams, but it seems to be going alright so far. We'll find out Friday when they release the scores.

AUD - 75
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 78
    REG - 86
    Suzanne

"No one cares, work harder."

AUD - 8/12/16
    REG - 10/7/16
    BEC - 11/18/16
    FAR - TBD

#300before30 - Pass the CPA exam before my 30th Birthday.

hasy
    Participant

I don't know if you want. But I WILL just spare the money and squeeze BEC and try to take it on the LAST day of the testing window. Then I would try to crank out REG at the end of January to early February before the changes take effect.

AUD - 83
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 83
    REG - 78
    BEC - 80 (Roger + NINJA MCQ + WTB)

FAR - 72; 83 (Roger + NINJA MCQ)

AUD - 83 (Roger + NINJA MCQ + WTB)

REG - 52; 78 (Roger + NINJA MCQ)

Ethics - 68, 96 (how I dislike you)
    -
    This forum is more addictive than drugs. Still returning after licensure.

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved - Helen Keller

-

BEC 80 (10/23/15)
    FAR 72 (4/2/15); 83 (7/11/16)
    REG 52 (4/28/15)
    AUD (9/9/16)

Roger + NINJA MCQ + WTB

CPAoneday
    Participant

Thank you everybody for the advice! If I only had time and money to do one exam, would you recommend to try to pass REG instead of BEC before the changes take place (since I've read that it's harder)? Or should I do BEC since it's being hit by the changes the most?

AUD - 84
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 93
    REG - 93
    "If you're absent during my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success."   Will Smith

FAR oct 2016 working on it
    REG ??
    BEC ??
    AUD ??

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.