2013 Exam Scores Summary! - Page 5

• Creator
    Topic
    fiona87

Maybe you’re all not into this sort of thing, but I found it really interesting!

https://nasba.org/files/2014/02/2013-Overall.pdf

FAR - 79 (11/27/13)
    AUD - 76 (2/1/14)
    REG - 77 (5/30/14)
    BEC - 88 (7/18/14)

MN Ethics - 100% (3/9/14)

AND DONE! 8/1/14

Viewing 12 replies - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    lleon

I'm a baby judging by those stats lol very interesting numbers though, I like how we were one person short of an even 27k passing their 4th. They should have awarded one more pass just to make it nice and even lol

Licensed in Arizona

lleon

I'm a baby judging by those stats lol very interesting numbers though, I like how we were one person short of an even 27k passing their 4th. They should have awarded one more pass just to make it nice and even lol

Licensed in Arizona

Kimboroni

Very interesting– thanks for posting!

AUD 84 (1/9/14-Wiley books/TB + free materials)
    FAR 83 (5/21/14-the above + NINJA 10 Pt Combo Lite)
    REG 84 (7/9/14-Wiley books/TB + NINJA Audio/FC/Notes)
    BEC 76 (10/5/14-Wiley books/TB + NINJA Audio/FC)

Disclaimer: My ninja avatar is not meant to imply that I have any affiliation with this site other than being a forum member. That's a pic of a T-shirt that my daughter gave me for my birthday. 🙂

Kimboroni

Very interesting– thanks for posting!

AUD 84 (1/9/14-Wiley books/TB + free materials)
    FAR 83 (5/21/14-the above + NINJA 10 Pt Combo Lite)
    REG 84 (7/9/14-Wiley books/TB + NINJA Audio/FC/Notes)
    BEC 76 (10/5/14-Wiley books/TB + NINJA Audio/FC)

Disclaimer: My ninja avatar is not meant to imply that I have any affiliation with this site other than being a forum member. That's a pic of a T-shirt that my daughter gave me for my birthday. 🙂

Jack_J
    Participant

The stats is really awesome!! I would have love to see the first timers pass rate per subject which will really let be know which paper(s) is causing more pain on the CPA journey. Thanks anyway.Does anyone have an idea which of the papers is causing more pain for the CPA candidates , is it REG , FAR or AUD and why?

Jack_J
    Participant

The stats is really awesome!! I would have love to see the first timers pass rate per subject which will really let be know which paper(s) is causing more pain on the CPA journey. Thanks anyway.Does anyone have an idea which of the papers is causing more pain for the CPA candidates , is it REG , FAR or AUD and why?

Amay

These stats are just discouraging with pass rates in the 40s! The comparison between 1st time test takers and 4th timers is a real downer too, but I can relate. I have sat for these exams many times since I graduated with my bachelors in 2009. 5 years later I have finally decided to prioritize it and stop using slave-driving employers as my excuse. From a glass-half-full perspective, the fact that the average is a few years older than me does not make me feel so miserable. It's true what I read on this forum time and time again – if it were easy, everyone would do it!

BEC: 73, 81
    AUD: 85
    FAR: 71, 77
    REG: 74, 75...finally DONE! 😀

*This is my 2nd attempt at the CPA exam. For all of you who have failed this exam many times, given up on it, or taken a break like me, remember that it is still possible to finish what you started...failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently 🙂

Amay

These stats are just discouraging with pass rates in the 40s! The comparison between 1st time test takers and 4th timers is a real downer too, but I can relate. I have sat for these exams many times since I graduated with my bachelors in 2009. 5 years later I have finally decided to prioritize it and stop using slave-driving employers as my excuse. From a glass-half-full perspective, the fact that the average is a few years older than me does not make me feel so miserable. It's true what I read on this forum time and time again – if it were easy, everyone would do it!

BEC: 73, 81
    AUD: 85
    FAR: 71, 77
    REG: 74, 75...finally DONE! 😀

*This is my 2nd attempt at the CPA exam. For all of you who have failed this exam many times, given up on it, or taken a break like me, remember that it is still possible to finish what you started...failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently 🙂

F15hy

@Jack, it totally depends on you, for which part is the hardest. I'm more of a tax person, I do a lot of tax returns and a lot of accounting type work at my job. I hardly studied for REG and passed the first time out, but many people find this section to be quite challenging. I also didn't have too much trouble passing FAR, but BEC was my nemesis and AUD has taken it's place haha. All the sections are freaking hard, just depends on you, how you think and your experiences.

CA Candidate

B-79 (4th Attempt, finally killed you Nov 2013)
    A-81 (3rd Attempt, Feb 2014) AND I AM DONE!!!!!
    R-80 (1st Attempt, Feb 2013)
    F-77 (2nd attempt, Jan 2014)

Becker, Becker Final Review, NINJA 10-Point Combo
    ($M.O.B$)

CA Ethics-92%

F15hy

@Jack, it totally depends on you, for which part is the hardest. I'm more of a tax person, I do a lot of tax returns and a lot of accounting type work at my job. I hardly studied for REG and passed the first time out, but many people find this section to be quite challenging. I also didn't have too much trouble passing FAR, but BEC was my nemesis and AUD has taken it's place haha. All the sections are freaking hard, just depends on you, how you think and your experiences.

CA Candidate

B-79 (4th Attempt, finally killed you Nov 2013)
    A-81 (3rd Attempt, Feb 2014) AND I AM DONE!!!!!
    R-80 (1st Attempt, Feb 2013)
    F-77 (2nd attempt, Jan 2014)

Becker, Becker Final Review, NINJA 10-Point Combo
    ($M.O.B$)

CA Ethics-92%

MintsRGood
    Participant

I showed this to Mr. Mints last night and he thought that the 26,999 candidates who passed their 4th section in 2013 was just for our state. The look on his face was priceless when I explained that only 26,999 people in the US and International locations completed their journey in 2013! His mouth dropped open and asked me to forward that link to his email. This morning I heard him on the phone explaining to his parents that only 27,000 people passed all 4 parts in 2013. People have no clue about how hard it is without this type of data, so fact sheets like these are great.

Thanks for posting!!!!! 🙂

REG: 75 DONE 🙂
    AUD: 61, 71, 68, 92 DONE 🙂
    BEC: 76 DONE 🙂
    FAR: 72, 74, 79 DONE 🙂
    Licensed Michigan CPA 🙂
    -Some people dream of success...others wake up and work hard for it!!!
    -The cowards never start and the weak die along the way!
    -You better work, b***h!
    -Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.-JFK

MintsRGood
    Participant

I showed this to Mr. Mints last night and he thought that the 26,999 candidates who passed their 4th section in 2013 was just for our state. The look on his face was priceless when I explained that only 26,999 people in the US and International locations completed their journey in 2013! His mouth dropped open and asked me to forward that link to his email. This morning I heard him on the phone explaining to his parents that only 27,000 people passed all 4 parts in 2013. People have no clue about how hard it is without this type of data, so fact sheets like these are great.

Thanks for posting!!!!! 🙂

REG: 75 DONE 🙂
    AUD: 61, 71, 68, 92 DONE 🙂
    BEC: 76 DONE 🙂
    FAR: 72, 74, 79 DONE 🙂
    Licensed Michigan CPA 🙂
    -Some people dream of success...others wake up and work hard for it!!!
    -The cowards never start and the weak die along the way!
    -You better work, b***h!
    -Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.-JFK

Viewing 12 replies - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.