Topic
    This Too Shall Pass
    Participant

Good luck to all!

AUD - 81
    BEC - 77
    FAR - 78
    REG - NINJA in Training
    Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    sboCPA2021
    Participant

@CPAHOPE behind every score is a journey. They only reason I finished like this was because I quit my job in December to sit and study full time. I’ve been studying off and on and took the exams a total of 17 times in 10 years.

I really just did the whole Becker software from beginning to end. Took notes. Did every single SIM, kept doing sets of however many MCQs each section required. Did all the practice exams on Becker and on the AICPA website.

You will definitely pass, as I have cried out to God several times and prayed constantly for a breakthrough and an end.

God knows how much you have worked. You are so close. Redo MCQs as often as you can and make sure you are trending 85+ to gain the confidence before you sit again.

PS my AUD exam was about to expire on 7/31/21, so I feel you!!

Keep going! Determination and perseverance is key!! YOU GOT THIS!

AUD - 75
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 79
    REG - 82
    CPA 2021!! It’s going down!
    CPAHOPE
    Participant

@sbocpa2021

Thanks for the encouragement!! You rock and go celebrate! You deserve it!

AUD - 78
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 80
    REG - 77
    FAR 80

REG 79*,77

AUD 78!!Final

BEC 76

"Theres no limit unless you allow it"

*expired

RobOh
    Participant

Congrats to all that passed.

@cpahope
    I'm sorry to hear that but you at least you still have another shot before the next one expires. I know you could do it. Dig deep man and give it everything you have. Do you know where your weak areas are? I know it will cost some money but would another review program help for this section? Try to think what you could do different to get you over this damn hump. We are all routing for you.

FAR - 78

BEC - 87

REG - 82

AUD - 82

CPAHOPE
    Participant

@Roboh

Good to hear from you again! Thank you. I had two exact sims like last time and i did prepare better this time around but unfortunately fell short in other areas it seems like. Wiley test bank isnt good for Audit simulation so i purchased the Gleim mega test bank to get over the hump this time. I did think about ninja but considering how i fail so many times i thought it would be more cost effective to purchase gleim…

AUD - 78
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 80
    REG - 77
    FAR 80

REG 79*,77

AUD 78!!Final

BEC 76

*expired

RobOh
    Participant

@cpahope I hope Gleim is the secret sauce for you. I never used Gleim but that sounds like a good plan. Good luck.

FAR - 78

BEC - 87

REG - 82

AUD - 82

CoHa
    Participant

I passed FAR, BEC and REG on the first try, but not AUD. I had the Gleim Premium (access until you pass), but for AUD I felt I needed something different. Not more, but different. So, I supplemented Gleim with Ninja just for the MCQs. The answers to the Ninja MCQs helped me grasp the theory better. They are short, friendly, they give you tips, etc. Ninja's proprietary software is designed to detect your weak areas and feed you esp. with the questions you need to improve in those areas. I did almost all Ninja MCQs and passed AUD. If you could get them both (Gleim and Ninja) for a month it would be great. I highly recommend.

Liv
    Participant

I’m done! Passed after 3.5 years.

@CPAHOPE
    You got this! You’re almost to the finish line. Just a little more push and hone on the weaker sections.

AUD - 81
    BEC - 85
    FAR - 86
    REG - 80
    AUD 71, 74, 67, 81

BEC 67, 85

FAR 73, 86

REG 80

boyebolome
    Participant

Passed Aud with a 81 yeahhhh! It was my 2nd attempt. Half way done, 2 more to go!

AUD - 81
    BEC - 85
    FAR - 76
    REG - 86

AUD - 74, 81
    BEC - 85
    FAR - 76
    REG - 86

We all got this!!!

Bansheecat
    Participant

@CPAHOPE, I feel your pain, I found out that I also failed the Auditing with 73 and this is my 4th time taking it. Now I lost my credit for FAR and REG. I have to start all over again. I can't stop crying. I really hope you can pass and give me some encouragement. I just purchase Becker material, but I also use Gleim. I am always off 1 or few points on the exam. What materials did you use?

CPAHOPE
    Participant

@ROBOH thank you

@Coha
    yeah i can't afford ninja unfortunately, although this forum is awesome. I need help on sims and not mcs, that's why i purchased Gleim although i didnt want to spend anymore money.

@liv congratulation! Go celebrate!

@boyebolome awesome job!

@Bansheecat
    No way? So sorry to hear that. We have no choice man but to fight back. We have to become more diligent and smarter in our studies. Its kinda of like due or die now, lets go! No time to feel sorry for ourselves, we must get it done somehow. There is always a solution to any problems

AUD - 78
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 80
    REG - 77
    FAR 80

REG 79*,77

AUD 78!!Final

BEC 76

*expired

monikernc
    Participant

@cpahope I admire your determination and know you will pass. Have you read through or reviewed the AICPA audit standards yet? They are free and are the foundation of this exam. One month of ninja may be all you need. Have you done the free trial? As I say, if you want things to change you have to do something different. I wish you the best.

AUD - 93
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 76
    REG - 88
    How have you been?
    Ninja book and MCQs and the forum, all first try! 2016
    Licensed State of Montana April Fool’s Day 2020
    State of Colorado June 2020 - AICPA Ethics 93
    Experience was the worst part of the journey for me. You?
    If you want things to change you have to do something different.

FAR 7/25/15 76!
    AUD 10/30/15 93
    BEC 2/27/16 82
    REG 5/23/16 88!
    Ninja Book and MCQ and the forum - all the way!!!
    and a little thing i like to call, time and effort!
    if you want things to change, you have to do something different

CPAHOPE
    Participant

@monikernc

Thanks for the advice! Ive already made a purchase of gleim test bank. I used their free trial and liked their sims way better than wiley. Ninja is good too but i preferred gleim little more. Yes, ive looked at the audit, attestation,review, and more standards. I had an independence sims which was very difficult to solve. I have lots of work to do and i will pass this time!!

AUD - 78
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 80
    REG - 77
    FAR 80

REG 79*,77

AUD 78!!Final

BEC 76

*expired

monikernc
    Participant

I borrowed a copy of the Gleim books for 3/4 sections and used them when I was just tired of looking at a computer. At the time I preferred the online NINJA interface to the Gleim interface but I liked Gleims walkthrough of the correct and incorrect answers – this is key. The SIMs are hard and independence is a rule driven topic. I have said this before but AUD is all process, reviewing the standards will help you understand where in the process you are and what the answer to a question will be. Don't forget PCAOB 5 for issuers – there can be questions based on this standard for issuers, too. Try to start fresh. Relax and don't put pressure on the score focus on the learning. As you go through each MCQ (for the next 50-100) first ask, Issuer or Non-issuer, audit, review, attest or compilation, where in the process is this activity – find the standard that holds the answer. All of these steps are essential to learning in a way that you will be tested. The wording of a questions introduces nuances that you should start to recognize and familiarity will aid finding the correct answer. You don't have to do this for all of your studying but I highly recommend for the next 50-100 questions take your time and walk through these questions as I have suggested. I think you will benefit. Once you get this down, the SIMs will come easier, because you will be able to quickly find answers you need help with by searching the AL faster during the exam. Understand the letter structures and be familiar with the correct wording for the given scenario. The assertions can be beasts but you should have those down by now. Know the mnemonics for them and write those down when you get to exam. Success!! Best to you.

AUD - 93
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 76
    REG - 88
    How have you been?
    Ninja book and MCQs and the forum, all first try! 2016
    Licensed State of Montana April Fool’s Day 2020
    State of Colorado June 2020 - AICPA Ethics 93
    Experience was the worst part of the journey for me. You?
    If you want things to change you have to do something different.

FAR 7/25/15 76!
    AUD 10/30/15 93
    BEC 2/27/16 82
    REG 5/23/16 88!
    Ninja Book and MCQ and the forum - all the way!!!
    and a little thing i like to call, time and effort!
    if you want things to change, you have to do something different

CPAHOPE
    Participant

@Monikernc

Sounds like a great approach to studying Aud. Thank you!

AUD - 78
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 80
    REG - 77
    FAR 80

REG 79*,77

AUD 78!!Final

BEC 76

*expired

bkccpajbgm
    Participant

Hi, Liv,
    Could you share your experience about how to review AUD with me? I have try AUD several times and failed. I feel frustrated and don't know how to improve. Thank you!

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.