REG SCORE ERROR – January 2011 - Page 2

• Creator
    Topic
    LACPA111

I received a call today from CPA Examination Services notifying me that the REG test I took on 1/14/2011 was graded incorrectly. I failed that part with a 73 and because of a test key error in one of the simulations, I would have passed with a 75. I took REG 3 more times after that until I passed. I’ve been licensed in LA for over a year now. They’ve agreed to refund me for my costs of taking the part 3 times. The lady with testing services told me that this happened to 19 other people. She also said that the AICPA contacted them this week when they found the error.

This is my first post on another71, however I’m no stranger to the forums. Just wanted everyone to be aware.

Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    MRSJLeon917

Something similar to this happened to me back when I was half-a$$ed attempting the exams two years ago. Except I didn't receive a phone call that I can remember – I received a letter stating that they had found an error in the FAR exam I had taken and that I actually had passed. Maybe if I had pulled my head out of my butt a couple years ago, I could've been done with this exam already! 🙂

AUD (5/25/2012): 91
    FAR (10/22/2012): 89
    REG (11/28/2012): 89
    BEC (01/05/2013): 82
    Ethics Exam: 90

IL Licensed CPA - 7/15/2013

A long journey, officially DONE!

Anonymous
    Inactive

LACPA111 & Kushmirc – Big apologies to both of you…… I hope you both understand us here in the forum.. it was so hard to believe… But it seems to be the truth ha…

At least it is not the other round where you passed and licensed then AICPA call to tell you that your passing score was error and you should have failed … that would be even worse…

KelzMS

Wow yea I would be so upset. Reimbursement is nothing compared to the time that was given up that could have been spent with family, friends, or just doing what you want to do. You can't take away all the stress and depression just by being reimbursed. I hate that this happened to you, especially since it was such a long gap from when it happened to when you found out.

B-Passed
    A-Passed
    R-Passed
    F-Passed

kushmirc

Well, thank you all for sticking with the thread long enough to realize that it is not a joke. I know that time is probably the one thing that we all have the least of, so I would not think of wasting people's time on here.

Haha, CPA88888, I was thinking the same thing. At least I didn't find out that I had acutally failed again. I sure hope that never happens to anyone.

I'm thinking I might just have to let it go….but it really is a crime that they don't find out about these errors a whole lot sooner.

KGC111210
    Participant

This is crazy. My wife called me Thursday at work and said some lady called about my test. She left a number but when I call it back it just ends my call. Now, after reading this, I hope they tell me one of my REG test grades are wrong so I can stop studying for my test on the 4th and be done with this madness. Somebody have the number they were called with cause mine is not working; I'm wondering if my wife maybe wrote it down wrong? Let me know please.

FAR 69, 74, 78
    REG 69, 69, 69, 82
    BEC 75
    AUD 76

kushmirc

Well, the number of CPA Examination Services from the NASBA website is: 615-880-4250

The number of the woman that called me only had the last digit different from the general line above. I hesitate to give out her direct line, but I would say that a person that should be able to give you an answer wouldn't be far from the general number above.

KGC111210
    Participant

@kushmirc – Thanks! I noticed that and called and it hangs up also. I tried the 1-800-CPA-EXAM number above it. They are closed today but open tomorrow…weird. I'm definitely calling tomorrow to find out…hoping for good news. Do you think they could take away a passing grade, anyone. I swear I'll sue.

FAR 69, 74, 78
    REG 69, 69, 69, 82
    BEC 75
    AUD 76

Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.