Official October/November 2010 Score Release Thread #2 - Page 15

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

Apparently the other one got stuck?

Viewing 15 replies - 211 through 225 (of 599 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    SecondTime
    Participant

@osidecompass

You asked “How did you think it went? “

Well, I noticed you took FAR on the same day that I did. I’m wondering if you had the same sort of test that I had.

It was a very strange test. I spent well over 250 hour studying and it seemed that the test was mainly focused on trivia. Not what I would call the real meat and potatoes of the prep. Material.

So I walked out with a very sick feeling. However, I know a lot of people felt the same way on the 29th but it seems that some of those folks are posting passing scores.

I really don’t know what to think now. Guess I’m just hoping for a Christmas Miracle.

What do you think?

BEC:84,exp'd. retest 2/28/2013 (74)
    AUD:88
    FAR:77
    REG:2013

WE HAVE NOT FAILED UNTIL WE QUIT

Anonymous
    Inactive

@SecondTime I know you didn't ask me but my test on the 29th was horrible. The questions in the last testlest were actually pretty short… maybe one or two sentences. They didn't seem as hard as my last testlet in audit. I even thought about walking out of the test after the MC but I stayed and did the simulations. When I left the exam, I was pretty sure I would be retaking FAR but I got a passing score so you never know.

osidecompass
    Participant

Secondtime/AlmostDoneinFL,

I definitely didn't study anywhere close to 250 hours for FAR. Probably about 120-150 hours. I agree, my test seemed to be kind of weird. The questions didn't focus on the things that I would expect a CPA to know and seemed to focus a lot of time and attention on items that as a senior auditor (5 years experience) I rarely (if ever) encounter. In addition, the content of the simulations was ridiculous, from the perspective that the skills I felt they were testing were more “one-offs” rather than “accounting truths”, which I think would be more useful to CPAs. I'm not trying to knock the exam or any takers, but I just find it frustrating to study important, difficult topics only to not have many questions on them. Same with Auditing though. There was a particular chapter in Becker which was barely mentioned, which to me is a pretty glaring omission.

As a side note, I finished both simulations, however I find it interesting that people can pass FAR or any other section by leaving simulations totally blank. How exactly does that work unless you nail pretty much all the MCQ? If it was me, I wouldn't want my CPA to pass if they have poor time management or don't have any cursory knowledge of some topics.

AUD - 99 (10/4/10)
    FAR - 92 (11/29/10)
    BEC - 87 (1/24/11)
    REG - 90 (5/30/11)

Iwant2baCPA
    Participant

@Danielle – Still waiting for AUD in CA too. I took it 11/24 also. The rain really does add nicely to the misery of the situation, doesn't it? I'm hoping for the best (scores tomorrow) but expecting the worst (scores in January). I called NASBA on Thursday and was told that they are processing “hundreds of thousands” of scores and it will take time. That's BS because they tweeted how many scores were released and it wasn't hundreds of thousands.

REG 89, BEC 86
    AUD 81
    FAR 1/28/2011
    State: CA

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Iwant2baCPA @cinp

Thank you both for your posts. It's scary to feel alone.

I guess we couldn't really do anything but to hope for the best. Wish all of us who are still waiting good luck.

Does anyone know how Substantial Equivalent works? I want to transfer a Delaware license to Washington. I looked at the UAA Substantial Equivalent states, DE is on the list, but with ** next to it. I don't know what it means. Please help!

BEC - May 8, 2010 - 83
    FAR - July 20, 2010 - 75
    AUD - Aug 27, 2010 - 76
    REG - Nov 20, 2010 - 88 ALL DONE!!!

TexCPA
    Participant

A long weekend of waiting for scores!! So, should TX candidates expect scores atleast tomorrow or will it not be posted until Tuesday early morning? This wait is seriously frustrating…

MrKnowItNone
    Participant

Still no scores in NY (FAR) as of 10:30 PM Sunday. 🙁

Anonymous
    Inactive

I hope i wake up to a passing score tomorrow morning. Please CA post the scores sometime tonight. I cant wait any longer. I need to start studying for REG and i cant do it before i find out my AUD score

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ Danielle @Iwant2baCPA

Yeah, all the best to us who are still waiting for scores. I am starting to lose hope of getting a score before Dec31.

Understand the score release from AICPA to CBA is automated. Can't help wondering since they dont work during weekend, will there be any chance of release on Monday 5.30am. Or we have to wait till Tuesday morning??

Wonder if anyone received scores in CA on Monday morning before?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I know most of you all are waiting on AUD scores in CA, but I'm in CA and still waiting on FAR also. Took it 11/14.

wantmyscore_CA
    Participant

@AmICPAYet

I'm also waiting for FAR in CA, took it one day after you did, 11/15..

IslandCPA
    Participant

I'm still here waiting for AUD in CA, too. Come on, CBA!!!!!

A- 74, 80!
    B- 83
    F- 85
    R- 86!!

tulip
    Participant

REG scores are out in Texas. I'm 75% there!

Oh, the regrets I have for such a short turnaround between FAR and AUD.

BEC - 10/18/2010 - 79
    FAR - 10/28/2010 - 82
    AUD - 11/04/2010 - 73; 02/18/2011 - 86 - IT'S OVER!!!!!!
    REG - 11/21/2010 - 83

xlmitchx
    Participant

Anyone want to make me feel better and let me know they are waiting on BEC like I am?

Viewing 15 replies - 211 through 225 (of 599 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.