July/August 2011 Score Release 2011 #3 (BEC 9/23) - Page 30

Viewing 15 replies - 436 through 450 (of 1,202 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    nowhammies

Do you think there is truth to the borderline theory? I swear if they hold my score until the last possible second just to give me a 74 I might go postal.

RedRage00

I don't think its true.

Texas CPA
    Licensed, March 2012

OnMyWayToCPA

I didnt believe it at first but the AICPA themselves said that some close to passing scores are held to see if they can get more credit

B - 79 PASSED (1/4 there!)
    A - 77 PASSED (1/2 there!)
    F - 79 PASSED (3/4 there!)
    R - 83 PASSED (DONE!!!!!!)
    Review Course: Lambers , Wiley and Ninja

MOM2THREE

@ NOWHAMMIES

I said the same thing. If I get a 75, I will be so thankful that they held my test and really took their time to grade it. However, if I get a 74, all of you might see me on Cops, the TV show.

jints

BEC Apr 2011 – 79

AUD Jul 2011 – 76

REG May 2011 – 68 Aug 2011 (Waiting)

FAR Aug 2011 (Waiting)

Since I haven't gotten either my FAR or REG scores yet I blame it on Wisconsin holding them up. But it's more likely it's due to being in the below 75 group.

But I would like to know so I can reschedule and restart studying.

nowhammies

I was under the impression that they did away with “waves”, so I can't imagine why else they would be holding on to a FAR score at this point

RedRage00

WCs:

“Most responses are scored by a computer grading program, which is calibrated using human scorers. In some cases, responses are scored by a network of human graders (all CPAs). If your score is close to the passing score, your written responses will be automatically re-graded by human graders. When there is more than one grader for a response, the average of the scores is used as the final grade.”

Texas CPA
    Licensed, March 2012

MOM2THREE

On the AICPA facebook page:

Justin, we can point you to this section of the “How Is the CPA Exam Scored?” white paper, available for download at https://www.aicpa.org/BecomeACPA/CPAExam/PsychometricsandScoring/ScoringInformation/DownloadableDocuments/How_the_CPA_Exam_is_Scored.pdf:

Most responses are scored by a computer grading program, which is calibrated using human scorers. In some cases, responses are scored by a network of human graders (all CPAs). If your score is close to the passing score, your written responses will be automatically re-graded by human graders. When there is more than one grader for a response, the average of the scores is used as the final grade.

kandisjoy
    Participant

I feel so sorry for all of you still waiting for scores. Hang in there. The (waiting) pain will be over soon.

FAR: 71, 77
    BEC: 70, 82
    AUD: 62, 78
    REG: 71, 68, 85

CA Licensed 11/2011

RedRage00

I don't think everyone is borderline in the 2nd batch…it just takes longer to grade BEC because of the Written section….makes sense to me.

Texas CPA
    Licensed, March 2012

nowhammies

@mckelly did they give you the impression it would be late next week before we find out?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Passed REG with an 89!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still waiting on BEC which is my last part…………….

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the whole CPA process. I took my first two sections in July and August. I am from TX so I had to wait for the TSBPA to release scores. Found out I passed AUD with an 82. I was shocked. I guess I'm also part of the borderline BEC group. I don't know if that theory is true though. I took my exam Aug. 31. I just think it takes a while to grade the second month test scores. Hopefully they will get released today.

kandisjoy
    Participant

Congrats cpa4now!!! What a score!! Let's hope you passed BEC and will be finished! 🙂

FAR: 71, 77
    BEC: 70, 82
    AUD: 62, 78
    REG: 71, 68, 85

CA Licensed 11/2011

Anonymous
    Inactive

So hard to get any work done when all I do is keep checking A71, twitter, nasba, and facebook!

Viewing 15 replies - 436 through 450 (of 1,202 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.