Exam Score Release: February 9, 2021

• Creator
    Topic
    mich
    Participant

The last exam I am waiting for is a BEC retake, (first flunk of 72 prior to the addition of extended TBSs back in 03/2017 of which I took a 2.5 year hiatus from exam studies after not passing), which will hopefully be a beautiful end of a long journey, and the new beginning toward the rest of my life’s career. I had my test scheduled for December 17, but a Covid shutdown caused me to need to reschedule out of town with January 2 being the earliest possible. (I do not feel bad or sorry for myself in any way with this as I am in good health but just can be frustrating circumstances as many of you know during these times).

I’ve always taken exams after the AICPA usually releases any “new” questions and I didn’t realize that this was the first quarter of potentially new questions. Additionally, while I’m taking the tests I usually recall many questions from the material. I was confident for this test (as I had passed REG, FAR, and AUD on first tries over the past 14 months) until I saw several types of questions I felt I hadn’t seen before, on top of not feeling like I had my home-field advantage having had to reschedule the test several hours away from home. I also didn’t realize that the first score release grouping was not until over a whole month and some days later. (I hope the wait will be rewarding because I am at my last wits end; this wait is agonizing!!!)

I feel I definitely could have responded better and realized that first quarter was going to be the guinea pig for new questions and then have planned to take it a little farther out. I also don’t blame myself for wanting to just get this finished up with if I felt I had studied enough to pass! I do not feel I did exceptionally well or exceptionally not well in any testlet which is an unusual but overall feel I must have done good (enough, at least) in the three sections of MCQs, TBSs, and the writing sims, no missed time, no missed questions, just a few confusion on some questions types I hadn’t seen. I may have (hopefully, probably lol) passed just fine with any of the 24 possible passing scores and overthinking only the amount of confidence that I could have had in finishing the test.

I have unproductively over-analyzed the tests I have passed, so though it sometimes can come in handy, sometimes it can also be a battle and just learning the when’s and where’s of its handiness/hinderance at this point!!

I used to find it very un-inspiring that I gave up after failing BEC only one time… but re-inspire myself after understanding I just wasn’t in the right time or place to pass only because I did not allow myself for it to be… Hoping I am allowing myself this space and place to pass this one now in this universe and happy knowing there can always be a new beginning even if we didn’t believe there could be one before.

Needless to say I am definitely counting down the (8) days until next score release! I have the experience checked off and this last test is the last item on the list toward certification!

We can and will overcome ALL these exams! Many passing wishes to us all!

What exam are you taking / waiting for?!

AUD - 86
    BEC - 89
    FAR - 82
    REG - 90
    We can and will pass all of these exams!
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    kellerja05
    Participant

AUD 85! 1/2 way there. Think this is my 3rd time through. Just the spark I needed to keep going for Reg. It's just such a grind!

AUD - 85
    BEC - 86
    FAR - 89
    REG - 82
    FAR - 89

AUD - 85

BEC - 86

REG - 82

ellabella
    Participant

One thing that resonated with me when recalling your journey is that the material does change. That was painful for me to go through, as I thought that accounting wouldn't change much except in the area of tax law. But then I started getting into the UWorld Roger review, and realized that in the past few years, things changed, like revenue recognition. That saddened me, as I was planning to use my old textbooks to do spot-reviews on things I was having trouble with. I like to take my time with study, but my new tactic is to go through the exams as efficiently as possible so the information doesn't change on me mid-stream.

Ella

Mom of Two, studying for the CPA Exam

CPAHOPE
    Participant

Seems like not many people took the exam this time around…

AUD - 78
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 80
    REG - 77
    FAR 80

REG 79*,77

AUD 78!!Final

BEC 76

"Theres no limit unless you allow it"

*expired

shaya.wikler
    Participant

I am inspired by your perseverance! You keep on moving forward without looking back. You remind me of what Michael Jordan once said “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” I would like to suggest that perhaps you consider using the Rogers CPA Exam Review course. I did and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I am now a CPA. Good luck!

CPA
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.