9/16/20 Score Release - Page 4

• Creator
    Topic
    fsugirl2005
    Participant

I figured I’d start a thread this time. @April94 got us going this last time. I am waiting for my AUD score to come out. I have taken that stupid exam 6 times and I am so over it. The SIMS have been tripping me up in the last 3 exams and I wanna be done. Thank God, this last time I didn’t get any questions on my weak areas so hopefully, that will result in a pass. That’s likely why I passed FAR because I didn’t get any questions that I was weak in.

Good luck everyone!!

REG - 78
    FAR - 79
    AUD - 76
    BEC - 75

I have been on this journey off and on for over 10 years. I think it's about time that I wrap this up.

AUD - 10/21/16 (75----07/2010 expired)
    FAR - 10/28/16
    BEC - 11/2016
    REG - 01/2017

Using Gleim CPA Review, Ninja Audio, Ninja Book

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Mandy
    Participant

I checked scores in CA this morning (9/15) and they released it one whole day early. I passed FAR! I have BEC left and I'm done. Hope I can make it 4 for 4.

AUD - 78
    BEC - 77
    FAR - 81
    REG - 87
    All in the name of Accounting
    Emma
    Participant

Congrats to all who passed, reading your posts keeps me confident for the 10/9 score release!

AUD - 87
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 83
    REG - 82
    4 sections passed, in exactly 365 days, during a global pandemic. You can do it!
    Jen
    Participant

I am glad to see that I am not only one struggling with REG. I took it cold turkey, no studying and got a 72 then I studied, using Wiley and got a 73. I can not figure out what I am doing wrong or how to go about getting over this hurdle. I have been working for a CPA for 25 years and just finished my Masters. Any suggestions?

Jen
    CPA4Sure29
    Participant

So happy I passed Audit! I was so scared because I was not too confident on how my exam went. I guess I just did enough to pass. lol. Congrats to all who passed and dont give up if you did not. Hoping to be done with this exams by the end of this year. Studying for my last part(BEC).

AUD - 75

FAR - 80

REG - 83

BEC - 81

Tncincy
    Participant

Congrats to all that passed. Very good news. ENJOY THE PEACE OF PASSING.

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader.....time to pass

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

NJM34
    Participant

81 on REG! Congrats to all that passed and good luck studying this quarter!

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - 79
    REG - 81
    I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion'
    CPAHOPE
    Participant

@njm34 nice pic! Looks similar to mine🙂

AUD - 78
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 80
    REG - 77
    FAR 80

REG 79*,77

AUD 78!!Final

BEC 76

"Theres no limit unless you allow it"

*expired

Econmajor
    Participant

Done!

AUD - 81
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 79
    REG - 77
    Like they say "It is a marathon not a sprint"
    Econmajor
    Participant

I am writing herein because I have read many posts on the forum that sort of inspired me to keep going (and ultimatly helped me to cross the finish line) when things looked daunting and now I would like to share my success story so that it may help a person or two that could be going thru similar ordeal.

Some back story:

I was an Economics major and thus I had limited exposure to accounting and to make things worse I did not take financial accounting (usually acc-101) in college as I had taken many CLEP exams and earned credits for those exams from my regional college in order to graduate early (in 3 years) + to save money that my parents did not have and luck would have it one of the exams that I had earned a credit was Financial Accounting (self taught in about 8 weeks to pass the exam). I had no idea I would pursue to become a CPA and hindsight taking those classes could have at least made things easier.

I have gotten an MBA afterwards and I have total of 15 credit hours in accounting which suffices for my jurisdiction (Alaska) and thus I am THE bare minimum (possibly positioned myself to failure from the very beginning) qualified guy to take these exams. Oh, I also have 3 kids (all under the age of 5).

I started with debit and credits (and this is not a hyperbole). There were so many helpful videos out there on youtube and I watched many videos (mostly 2x the speed) to get me thru all of the exams.

AUD - 81
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 79
    REG - 77
    Econmajor
    Participant

I will write few tips for each exam a bit later but I am glad I am done and wish all of you best of luck!!

AUD - 81
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 79
    REG - 77
    Econmajor
    Participant

How did I study?

(I) Financial Accounting and Reporting:
    I had read over the Gleim review book (btw their videos are completely useless) and I did 600 MCQ over the last month and read over the core concepts (Gleim) along with and Ninja notes 2-3 times. The notes are easier to go thru and helps me to stay engaged. Lots of videos on youtube that helped.
    Video channel titles: 1. Accounting made easy 2. Accounting instruction, help, how to 3. Farhat accounting

(II) REG
    Read thru the book and watched lots of videos on youtube (mostly Farhat Accounting and for this guy you have to watch it 2x the speed otherwise you will not get thru the videos but his explanations are dead on point so it was easy to grasp). I did not do many MCQs but just watched those videos (had the study outline out so that I made sure I watched videos on all of the covered topics).

(III) AUD
    This one was just straight memorization. I read thru the book twice (taking notes each time) and did c.300 MCQs. I did not watch any videos for this section.

(IV) BEC
    Read thru the book once and did 800 MCQ.

So let me end it here ( a lot more I could write here) before the post becomes too long to read for people like me but I hope some of the tips are helpful to some and my story helps others to keep going and get it done.

AUD - 81
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 79
    REG - 77
    monikernc
    Participant

@econmajor congrats 🎈🍾🎉 on powering through these exams. Do you need more hours in accounting for a license?

AUD - 93
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 76
    REG - 88
    How have you been?
    Ninja book and MCQs and the forum, all first try! 2016
    Licensed State of Montana April Fool’s Day 2020
    State of Colorado June 2020 - AICPA Ethics 93
    Experience was the worst part of the journey for me. You?
    If you want things to change you have to do something different.

FAR 7/25/15 76!
    AUD 10/30/15 93
    BEC 2/27/16 82
    REG 5/23/16 88!
    Ninja Book and MCQ and the forum - all the way!!!
    and a little thing i like to call, time and effort!
    if you want things to change, you have to do something different

chrissy
    Participant

@DS, Just a little curious. How did you prepare for REG, earlier you mentioned intense studying. Your scores are popping.

AUD - 82
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 76
    REG - 81
    AICPA Ethics Exam- 91

I CAN & I DID

ms3386
    Participant

Finally done; Used just ninja for FAR after failing with surgent; for multiple choice I only did random up until the week of, and used the 4 week study plan. Best helpers for me was Mike's tutoring videos, and the multiple choice questions.

AUD - 78
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 82
    REG - 79
    Tough times do not last, tough people do.
    sedillos
    Participant

Is anyone else still waiting on their California scores? My target release date was today and nothing.

Back in the FAR labyrinth
Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.