74 – AGAIN!! - Page 2

• Creator
    Topic
    FTZ

I just got my 2nd 74 in 9 sittings. I’m half mad, half relieved because I honestly thought I had gotten humiliated with a fifty-something. I lose BEC on 1/31, which I found easy the FIRST time but I don’t want to think that way. I’m all about not losing that credit and being done by valentines day. I had started spinning my mental wheels about other careers when I left prometric 9 days ago – but it did expose a weakness (or area I neglected to study because I thought I KNEW it – not!) now that I can think more rationally.

I bounced back from 74 on AUD to get 88, but FAR is so extensive and I might be lucky that some weak ares weren’t hammered as much as they could have been. No way to know.

I should get this done in January but I am massively frustrated that I have to grind it out one more time! And over Christmas too. Congrats to those who passed and don’t give up if you suffered a setback.

B: 77 (LC), 75
    A: 63,74,88
    R: 60,67,80
    F: 71,74,74 again, and 86 - DONE!

Ethics and application - done.

Licensed in VA - 07/03/2014

Viewing 13 replies - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    MintsRGood
    Participant

Thanks Baxter, I appreciate it!!!!!! Can't wait to see you close out this month!!!!!!!!!

REG: 75 DONE 🙂
    AUD: 61, 71, 68, 92 DONE 🙂
    BEC: 76 DONE 🙂
    FAR: 72, 74, 79 DONE 🙂
    Licensed Michigan CPA 🙂
    -Some people dream of success...others wake up and work hard for it!!!
    -The cowards never start and the weak die along the way!
    -You better work, b***h!
    -Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.-JFK

nbad311

Hey Mints, I was thinking about the score release on my drive to work this morning, and your 74 and I have to say you've inspired me to let y'all in on a little dark secret of mine:

I got a 35 on BEC once. “LOL!!” right? I mean, is that score even possible? I have my paper letter notification at my house, I need to take a picture of it to show you guys lol. This was before there was a writing section, just 90 MCQs, and no – I didn't skip any questions, I did them all, and yes…….. I still got only a 35. no wonder I left this one out of my signature. This was going to be my first “comeback” attempt after my 8 months in 2008-2009 where I took my first 3 exams right out of school and failed them all. [Admittedly I did not study sufficiently for this BEC attempt: there was a day early in my studies (July 4th 2010) where I came to a crossroads if you will, in which I knew it was going to either 1. pass the exam or 2. land a bf, but not both: my now husband, then co-worker mega crush, invited me over to his 4th of July house party while I was at a friend's house immersed in a big weekend of BEC studying with her – I chose to go to his party, things went well and we started dating and low and behold, I didn't touch any BEC materials once more. Took the test and HUZZAH, A 35!!].

Your recent score is fresh and frustrating now, but in the end it really is a “who cares!!!” situation, as challenging as it may be to brush it off and look to the future. Over the course of 5 years, I've taken FAR 4 times, gone to Becker classes and watched my $2000+ materials expire with no passes under my belt, spent hundreds of dollars in prometric rescheduling fees (“I'm not ready!!! GOTTA PUSH THE TEST BACK!!!”), and *gulp* got a score of 35 on BEC, but a moment will come where all that sh*t goes away with the flash of a score. No one deserves a 74 but it's fruitless to spend time thinking “how? why?”. All the heartache and fails and study hours are WORTH IT and I doubt you'll give any of your past hardships the time of day when you're all done. But hey, we know you're in it to win it and you don't need a pep talk from an internet stranger to get back to the grind! Just thought you may enjoy a little Friday chuckle after reading about my disaster score. And since my dirty laundry has been aired, might as well go add it to my signature now!! 🙂

REG - 65, 70, 80!
    BEC - 35, 62, 79!
    AUD - 73, 75!
    FAR - 65, 73, 70, 75! DONE.

nbad311

Hey Mints, I was thinking about the score release on my drive to work this morning, and your 74 and I have to say you've inspired me to let y'all in on a little dark secret of mine:

I got a 35 on BEC once. “LOL!!” right? I mean, is that score even possible? I have my paper letter notification at my house, I need to take a picture of it to show you guys lol. This was before there was a writing section, just 90 MCQs, and no – I didn't skip any questions, I did them all, and yes…….. I still got only a 35. no wonder I left this one out of my signature. This was going to be my first “comeback” attempt after my 8 months in 2008-2009 where I took my first 3 exams right out of school and failed them all. [Admittedly I did not study sufficiently for this BEC attempt: there was a day early in my studies (July 4th 2010) where I came to a crossroads if you will, in which I knew it was going to either 1. pass the exam or 2. land a bf, but not both: my now husband, then co-worker mega crush, invited me over to his 4th of July house party while I was at a friend's house immersed in a big weekend of BEC studying with her – I chose to go to his party, things went well and we started dating and low and behold, I didn't touch any BEC materials once more. Took the test and HUZZAH, A 35!!].

Your recent score is fresh and frustrating now, but in the end it really is a “who cares!!!” situation, as challenging as it may be to brush it off and look to the future. Over the course of 5 years, I've taken FAR 4 times, gone to Becker classes and watched my $2000+ materials expire with no passes under my belt, spent hundreds of dollars in prometric rescheduling fees (“I'm not ready!!! GOTTA PUSH THE TEST BACK!!!”), and *gulp* got a score of 35 on BEC, but a moment will come where all that sh*t goes away with the flash of a score. No one deserves a 74 but it's fruitless to spend time thinking “how? why?”. All the heartache and fails and study hours are WORTH IT and I doubt you'll give any of your past hardships the time of day when you're all done. But hey, we know you're in it to win it and you don't need a pep talk from an internet stranger to get back to the grind! Just thought you may enjoy a little Friday chuckle after reading about my disaster score. And since my dirty laundry has been aired, might as well go add it to my signature now!! 🙂

REG - 65, 70, 80!
    BEC - 35, 62, 79!
    AUD - 73, 75!

neika822
    Participant

@nbad – you're not alone! I got a 33 on FAR, but I don't tell anyone. This was when I first graduated college, I glanced at a few chapters of Becker and then took the exam.

Secret's out for both of us! But look who came from behind!! 😀

R - *77*(02/'13)-Becker & NINJA
    A - 71('11); *87*(04/'13)-Becker & NINJA
    F - *76*(08/'13)-Becker & NINJA - "server upgrade" survivor
    B - 60('11); *82*(10/'13) -Becker & NINA

DONE, DONE, AND DONE.

CPA in Massachusetts; issued 01/24/14

neika822
    Participant

@nbad – you're not alone! I got a 33 on FAR, but I don't tell anyone. This was when I first graduated college, I glanced at a few chapters of Becker and then took the exam.

Secret's out for both of us! But look who came from behind!! 😀

DONE, DONE, AND DONE.

nbad311

neika that's pretty funny! (not in a mean/offensive way or anything!) High-five for the 30s club!

REG - 65, 70, 80!
    BEC - 35, 62, 79!
    AUD - 73, 75!

nbad311

neika that's pretty funny! (not in a mean/offensive way or anything!) High-five for the 30s club!

REG - 65, 70, 80!
    BEC - 35, 62, 79!
    AUD - 73, 75!

neika822
    Participant

@nbad- when I first started studying again this year, I was so petrified of getting a low score like that again.

When I passed FAR, I loved seeing that '33' disappear off the NASBA site. I don't think I even have the score notification saved… so as far as I'm concerned, it never happened 😉

DONE, DONE, AND DONE.

neika822
    Participant

@nbad- when I first started studying again this year, I was so petrified of getting a low score like that again.

When I passed FAR, I loved seeing that '33' disappear off the NASBA site. I don't think I even have the score notification saved… so as far as I'm concerned, it never happened 😉

DONE, DONE, AND DONE.

MintsRGood
    Participant

@nbad311 You are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!! You've been to hell and back with this exam and I appreciate your support tremendously. Yes, actually today I did need a pep talk and you are certainly not a stranger! Thanks for sharing your story!!! 🙂

This is why I needed to read this thread today…I had to tell 7 CLIENTS who called to congratulate me that I didn't pass because my receptionist spilled the beans to everyone who called for me while I was off for the exam (tested on a Monday and took off the Friday before) and I had NO IDEA anyone knew. No. F*****G. Clue. It was mortifying.

I make it a point to NEVER volunteer info about my exam progress to clients. I will only give a vague and positive answer if asked directly and then will quickly change the subject. In my receptionists defense, she was concerned that those clients would call my cell and possibly stress me out before the exam…so she felt compelled to tell them I was testing. She also told those who asked that I was expecting results on 11/22…ugh. She is a nice lady and I appreciate the thought…but I would have also appreciated a heads up that she had to let the cat out of the bag about my exam. Her heart was in the right place and I wasn't upset with her but it would have been nice to be mentally prepared to discuss my 74 with clients…which again I NEVER do.

The first one caught me off guard…but seriously I didn't expect 6 more to follow! Every call was like, “Mints, did you get your results? I bet you nailed it” and I'm like “well unfortunately I scored 1 point away from passing…but I'm trying again ASAP in January! I won't let the AICPA get me down!” and the clients are like “wow…that's really horrible, but way to keep up a positive attitude!”…multiplied by 7. Ugh.

If I could have eaten vodka and ice cream at my desk for lunch it would have been a blessing. Maybe I'll have that for dinner tonight instead! 😉

Licensed Michigan CPA 🙂
    -You better work, b***h!

MintsRGood
    Participant

@nbad311 You are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!! You've been to hell and back with this exam and I appreciate your support tremendously. Yes, actually today I did need a pep talk and you are certainly not a stranger! Thanks for sharing your story!!! 🙂

This is why I needed to read this thread today…I had to tell 7 CLIENTS who called to congratulate me that I didn't pass because my receptionist spilled the beans to everyone who called for me while I was off for the exam (tested on a Monday and took off the Friday before) and I had NO IDEA anyone knew. No. F*****G. Clue. It was mortifying.

I make it a point to NEVER volunteer info about my exam progress to clients. I will only give a vague and positive answer if asked directly and then will quickly change the subject. In my receptionists defense, she was concerned that those clients would call my cell and possibly stress me out before the exam…so she felt compelled to tell them I was testing. She also told those who asked that I was expecting results on 11/22…ugh. She is a nice lady and I appreciate the thought…but I would have also appreciated a heads up that she had to let the cat out of the bag about my exam. Her heart was in the right place and I wasn't upset with her but it would have been nice to be mentally prepared to discuss my 74 with clients…which again I NEVER do.

The first one caught me off guard…but seriously I didn't expect 6 more to follow! Every call was like, “Mints, did you get your results? I bet you nailed it” and I'm like “well unfortunately I scored 1 point away from passing…but I'm trying again ASAP in January! I won't let the AICPA get me down!” and the clients are like “wow…that's really horrible, but way to keep up a positive attitude!”…multiplied by 7. Ugh.

If I could have eaten vodka and ice cream at my desk for lunch it would have been a blessing. Maybe I'll have that for dinner tonight instead! 😉

Licensed Michigan CPA 🙂
    -You better work, b***h!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just got a 70 in FAR and have no idea how to prepare for the simulations. I'm currently using ROGER review program, is anyone else having a tough time on the simulations? What should I do this time around that I'm more prepared? Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just got a 70 in FAR and have no idea how to prepare for the simulations. I'm currently using ROGER review program, is anyone else having a tough time on the simulations? What should I do this time around that I'm more prepared? Thanks!

Viewing 13 replies - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.