Score Release Group

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

One 2022 CPA Exam score release thread to rule them all.

(Starting this mid-March 2022, but better late than never 🙂

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Chris
    Participant

Received my AUD score on Wednesday night and was very disappointed to see a 63. I felt the most prepared and confident for this test than the previous 4 exams (1 BEC, 1 FAR, 2 REG). I allowed myself to be upset Wednesday night and then first thing Thursday morning I sent out for a new NTS and plan to take again within the month. I have the prep to get a 63 already complete so with some refreshers, I only have to make up 12 points to be COMPLETE. The quick turnaround can be daunting, but I want to leverage the previous studying to succeed. A large part of not passing this exam is a series of questions I was not expected or prepared for early in the 1st testlet. I allowed it to rattle me and I don't think I ever got the confidence I showed up to Prometric back, by the end of the MC. I scored comparable on the SIMs but weak on the MC. I will be completing 72 MC per day for the next 2-3 weeks before my retake.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 78
    FAR - 75
    REG - 79
    Chris
    stephen.kofa
    Participant

Hey Chris, I can definitely relate: received my BEC score on Wednesday, 3/17, and saw a disappointing 74. So close yet so far, as the saying goes. Actually, I was surprised, because I scored better than I expected. This was my second attempt at BEC (first attempt was a 70). I thought I performed better on the first than on the second try. But on second thought, I believe my better score on the second try was due to the fact I attempted ALL of the questions, unlike my first attempt in which I skipped one of the sims. So the lesson here is to never hit “submit” without responding to AlL of the questions.

Second thing I took away was that there were “strange” areas of questioning on the exam, same as at my first attempt. And because I have relied heavily on NINJA twice now for this section, I believe it’s time to supplement with another review course, especially with regards to the practice questions. So I’m going with Surgent as that supplement, since I’m already a subscriber with them. Will also be factoring in Wiley to some extent. So we’ll see how it goes on my third try.

Stephen
    FAR 76
    AUD 80
    BEC working on it
    REG working on it

Chris
    Participant

Stephen, I definitely think supplementing is a great alternative. All of the study programs has their pros and cons. I love the flexibility of NINJA and the fact you pay by month rather than large upfront outlay. I have used Becker in a past life when I just wasn't mature enough to succeed. BEC is a very interesting section because it is so many unique topics that are covered, but without a whole lot of depth into any single topic. You should be encouraged by the improvement though! Definitely answer all questions. even if you are against the clock selecting randomly may steal a point or two that can make the difference.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 78
    FAR - 75
    REG - 79
    Chris
    Chris
    Participant

Do you have any pointers on AUD since you have vanquished that demon? I picked it right back up last night after a few weeks off and still scoring similarly on the MC. I am scheduled to retake 3/28 which is a little sooner than I was hoping to take, but I have a possible promotion that is dependent on finishing the CPA so out of my hands a little. I was able to pass FAR and REG using working experience from my past two jobs as supplementary material to NINJA, but have never worked in audit field so I do not have the instincts to fall back on. I appreciate any pointers you can offer!

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 78
    FAR - 75
    REG - 79
    Chris
    Stephen Kofa

Hey Chris, three things definitely helped me with AUD, and two of those may not apply to your unique situation:

1. After I felt confident about my preparation for FAR, I booked an appointment to sit for FAR six months ahead. Then, within those six months, I took on studying for AUD, with the goal of sitting for AUD at least a month after FAR. But my plans were scuttled when I failed FAR after the six-month wait. So I had to circle back to studying FAR again, but by then I had a good foundation with AUD. So when I later passed FAR, I only needed minor reviews of AUD to take it on and pass first time.

2. Given that I’m not a math person, AUD presented less difficulty for me than FAR and now BEC, because AUD is mostly literature.

3. The final thing which helped me, and which is definitely something you can work on, is knowing how to answer the research requirement questions on the sims. Those could give you much needed points on the sims and they are fairly easy if you know your way around them. Just remember how to conquered similar questions in FAR.

Finally, I’d say just keep hammering out those NINJA MCQS in AUD and follow the NINJA framework and you should be fine. NINJA definitely helped me get through AUD.

Hope that helps.

Ninja Albert
    Participant

Heyy All

Unfortunately I also received my score on REG this past week with a fail 2x on REG keep on getting confused on the Basis topics while studying!!

Any tips would be appreciated, as for myself clearing AUD I think the best way to pass is first understand the content and imagine your self as an Aud because I cleared it with no prior experience.

Watching the Sparring is the first step, I hope you do great on the next exam and you can clear it!

Good luck to all

Josh
    Participant

75 on #AUD. what's the difference between this time and my 2 previous 73s? I'm not sure, but I knew I hung in there til the end this time, and I probably caught something I needed in the last 2 minutes.

AUD - 75
    BEC - 78
    FAR - 76
    REG - 80
    Josh
    “Focus on the future for 50%, on the present for 40%, and on the past for 10%." - Maasaki Hatsumi
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.