Additional credits to complete 150 credit hour requirement.

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    She
    Participant

Hello ppl,

Just wanted to know if any international candidate was able to complete additional credits in the US? In which college did you take the additional credits?

I have passed all four sections and have 142 credits evaluated by NIES. Need 8 more credits to get to 150.

Which online course/college would be a good option with minimum formalities for an international student and can be obtained quickly.

TIA

AUD - 80
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 82
    REG - 79
    CPA (Licensed in California)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    She
    Participant

Anyone?

AUD - 80
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 82
    REG - 79

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey SHE!

I got my additional accounting credit hours from Southern New Hampshire University. Easy sign up and plenty of UPPER level accounting classes available online. Each class worth 3 credits and they are 8 weeks long.

It worked for me. I hope this help!.

She
    Participant

@erlin168: How much did it cost you? If you don't mind me asking, have you had your education in the US or abroad?

Asking cos I've not studied in any college in the US, so was wondering if there are any pre-requisites for the courses.

AUD - 80
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 82
    REG - 79

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi SHE!

There is no pre-requisites for the UPPER level accounting if you are NOT matriculated (not enrolled as pursuing a degree at SNHU). Maximum classes you can sign up without being matriculated is 3 classes (9 credits).

I do not even remember that I needed to provide any documentations at all. I emailed one of the lady, and she replied back same day, and all I know is I was registered (and needed to pay before some deadlines).

I tried community college at my state, they only have lower level accounting classes. I tried my state university, I was overwhelmed with the things that I needed to provide before I can register for classes.

Yes, at that time I only had one degree (not from US).

She
    Participant

@erlin168 This info really helped a lot! Thanks a bunch! Did you take the classes long back or recently? Know of the approximate cost for the credit you took?

AUD - 80
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 82
    REG - 79

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey She!

Currently, it is $960 per class (3 credits @ $320), and NO other fees. I took classes in the Spring of 2013, and I believe the price was similar to those.

Good luck!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.