12/31 Expire

• Creator
    Topic
    Jen200215
    Participant

I’m losing FAR on 12/31. Does this mean I have to take my final test by 12/31? For instance… if I take BEC 12/28 and find out I pass sometime in January that still counts right and I don’t lose FAR? Thanks in advance!! Never been in this situation and i don’t want to mess it up.

AUD - 82
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 86
    REG - 86
    Jennifer Wolf
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    April94
    Participant

I found this Q&A from NASBA’s website that should be helpful.

Question: Exam credit is good for a “rolling” 18 months. How does that work?

Answer: You may take sections individually and in any order, but are required to pass all four sections of the CPA Exam within a rolling 18-month period. Credit for any section passed shall be valid for 18 months from the actual date the examination sections were taken. Examination credit expires by section. You will lose credit for each section passed outside the 18-month period, and will have to retake those sections. Your score notice will contain any relevant expiration dates.

For example: Let’s say you passed AUD on your first try. After a couple months, you successfully complete BEC, and then pass FAR. If you were to sit for the REG section on the last day before your credit for AUD expires, and you fail REG, you now have to sit for and pass AUD and REG by the time your credit for BEC expires.

"It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Licensed CPA in IL

FAR-72, 55, 82 (Roger + Wiley TB)
    AUD-66, 92 (Roger)
    REG-71, 81 (Roger + Wiley TB)
    BEC-77 (Roger)
    Ethics- 93

April94
    Participant

To answer your question specifically: if you take BEC 12/28 and find out you pass in January, you won’t have to retake FAR. If you fail, you would have to take FAR again.

"It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Licensed CPA in IL

FAR-72, 55, 82 (Roger + Wiley TB)
    AUD-66, 92 (Roger)
    REG-71, 81 (Roger + Wiley TB)
    BEC-77 (Roger)
    Ethics- 93

Jen200215
    Participant

Got it. Thanks for both posts. i just wanted to make sure I had it correct. I'd be so mad at myself if I messed that up. Thanks again!

AUD - 82
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 86
    REG - 86
    Jennifer Wolf
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.