BEC Study Group July August 2013 - Page 4

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

I have a question that I hope you can help me with…. I purchased the Becker CD’s and installed them on my PC. I have taken and passed all but one of the exams (BEC left).. I was checking to see if my software was up to date and noticed an expiration date of November 2013.. Does this mean my software ( downloaded from my CD’s) will no longer work after November….or will it no longer be supported but I can still take practice exams and do study questions etc?

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 1,544 total)
  • Author
    Replies

I guess the April/May study group thread is dead. I'm taking BEC on Friday and just finished Becker's first exam.

91s on all testlets, and I only attempted one out of three essays.

I feel the same way as I do before every section. If the questions are in my wheelhouse, then I'm good to go. But I also think there are some basic concepts that I'm not great on…and I can feasibly get pounded into oblivion.

For instance, COSO. I'm not studying it enough at all; I can't keep half of that frilly garbage straight.

xuther

@Eliabraham — Thanks, I will do what you suggested.

BEC: 76 (5/28/2013)
    AUD:
    FAR:
    REG:

xuther

@Eliabraham — Thanks, I will do what you suggested.

BEC: 76 (5/28/2013)
    AUD:
    FAR:
    REG:

Let's do it

hey guys i am new to the forum and i got my NTS 2 days ago.. i am planning to take BEC in July .. i have a question about depreciation , should i consider depreciation as relevant cost or irrelevant cost ,coz as per my understanding it is not cash outflow but it does affect the tax so it kind of reduces our taxable income .. please can somebody explain me.

Let's do it

hey guys i am new to the forum and i got my NTS 2 days ago.. i am planning to take BEC in July .. i have a question about depreciation , should i consider depreciation as relevant cost or irrelevant cost ,coz as per my understanding it is not cash outflow but it does affect the tax so it kind of reduces our taxable income .. please can somebody explain me.

MCLKT
    Participant

@joch0803 – just curious… is your NTS expiring? Why are you testing on 7/1?

I would love to wait until closer to 7/20 to take my exam so I don't have to wait so long for the score! But I can't because my NTS is expiring. If you don't have a deadline, and you could use the extra study time, why not postpone?

And I'm glad you are out of the ER and back on track! You're almost done!!!

@Eliabraham – LOL at spending more time preparing to study than actually studying, I feel the same way! I spend way too much time preparing to study, planning to study, analyzing the best date to take my exam, score release, etc.

ETA : Good luck on your exam Friday @Meatball!!!! It would probably be worth it to review COSO 🙂

A:[73]97 F:[74]85 R:86 B:[74]82
    *NINJA 10 Pt. COMBO & Yaeger*

MCLKT
    Participant

@joch0803 – just curious… is your NTS expiring? Why are you testing on 7/1?

I would love to wait until closer to 7/20 to take my exam so I don't have to wait so long for the score! But I can't because my NTS is expiring. If you don't have a deadline, and you could use the extra study time, why not postpone?

And I'm glad you are out of the ER and back on track! You're almost done!!!

@Eliabraham – LOL at spending more time preparing to study than actually studying, I feel the same way! I spend way too much time preparing to study, planning to study, analyzing the best date to take my exam, score release, etc.

ETA : Good luck on your exam Friday @Meatball!!!! It would probably be worth it to review COSO 🙂

A:[73]97 F:[74]85 R:86 B:[74]82
    *NINJA 10 Pt. COMBO & Yaeger*

jenlynn1213

Hello to everyone studying for BEC! Trying to find the motivation to study for this part as it seems to be the least interesting and most widely scattered to me. I'm using Becker and the NINJA notes and audio. Started with B1 and then lost focus with B2, time to get back into it tonight so I can be ready come July 18th! Good luck to everyone 🙂

AUD - 79 (12/8/12); 91 (2/17/11, expired)
    FAR - 82 (8/24/13); 74 (2/28/13); 73 (2/23/12)
    REG - 75! (4/20/13); 66 (7/14/12)
    BEC - 82 (10/19/13); 69 (8/19/11)
    Licensed on 12/23/13!

jenlynn1213

Hello to everyone studying for BEC! Trying to find the motivation to study for this part as it seems to be the least interesting and most widely scattered to me. I'm using Becker and the NINJA notes and audio. Started with B1 and then lost focus with B2, time to get back into it tonight so I can be ready come July 18th! Good luck to everyone 🙂

AUD - 79 (12/8/12); 91 (2/17/11, expired)
    FAR - 82 (8/24/13); 74 (2/28/13); 73 (2/23/12)
    REG - 75! (4/20/13); 66 (7/14/12)
    BEC - 82 (10/19/13); 69 (8/19/11)
    Licensed on 12/23/13!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Back again does anyone read some of the tips on the forum like ingredients on a food label? Well if you ever been on diet or concious of your weight you know what I am talking about. When you read a can soda or bag chips label the first 4 ingredients stated on the label are the major ingredients in the products?

Just wondering because if someone said to me Orange juice/citrus, corn syrup, still water, cane suger, and vineger. Then I would immediately think Orange Juice is the most important topic than vineger, because vineger is stated last. I was wondering if its just me or does everyone do that? If you don't understand I get it. I can't use an actual BEC example so work with me people.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Back again does anyone read some of the tips on the forum like ingredients on a food label? Well if you ever been on diet or concious of your weight you know what I am talking about. When you read a can soda or bag chips label the first 4 ingredients stated on the label are the major ingredients in the products?

Just wondering because if someone said to me Orange juice/citrus, corn syrup, still water, cane suger, and vineger. Then I would immediately think Orange Juice is the most important topic than vineger, because vineger is stated last. I was wondering if its just me or does everyone do that? If you don't understand I get it. I can't use an actual BEC example so work with me people.

shsh1340

Hi, Everyone…I am studying BEC again and wait for my BEC result in June. Studying again will not hurts if I pass in Jun. It will hurts me for not preparing it ready for next exam if I fail this one.

Can anybody here be able to explain this to me why the answer will be D

Q: Government borrowing to finance large deficits increases the demand for lendable funds and

a) Increases the supply of lendable funds

b) Exerts downward pressure on interest rate

c) Has no impact on interest rates

d) Puts upward pressure on interest rates.

shsh1340

Hi, Everyone…I am studying BEC again and wait for my BEC result in June. Studying again will not hurts if I pass in Jun. It will hurts me for not preparing it ready for next exam if I fail this one.

Can anybody here be able to explain this to me why the answer will be D

Q: Government borrowing to finance large deficits increases the demand for lendable funds and

a) Increases the supply of lendable funds

b) Exerts downward pressure on interest rate

c) Has no impact on interest rates

d) Puts upward pressure on interest rates.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Eliabraham….I get what you are saying…but everyone is having a different experience…some joke (coming out of BEC), just took an audit exam (check governance), God I should have studied more IT (check Information Systems), I wished I had studied more of that 12-16% one (check Operation Management), I wish I studied more formulas (check Cost Accounting or Financial Management), studied Governance, Econ and IT (60%) and good strategy (check Governance, Economic Concepts and IT), some have mostly theory and some have 50% calculations…So net, net, just study everything and spend 50% on text and 50% on MCQs…and as far as the Written portion…Just know the basic format and take the time to think through what you will say (bulletize on your scratch-pad laminate) and type like crazy….and check spelling and grammar…And then you are all set….Phew…! I need another cup of tea and back to studying EVERYTHING!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Eliabraham….I get what you are saying…but everyone is having a different experience…some joke (coming out of BEC), just took an audit exam (check governance), God I should have studied more IT (check Information Systems), I wished I had studied more of that 12-16% one (check Operation Management), I wish I studied more formulas (check Cost Accounting or Financial Management), studied Governance, Econ and IT (60%) and good strategy (check Governance, Economic Concepts and IT), some have mostly theory and some have 50% calculations…So net, net, just study everything and spend 50% on text and 50% on MCQs…and as far as the Written portion…Just know the basic format and take the time to think through what you will say (bulletize on your scratch-pad laminate) and type like crazy….and check spelling and grammar…And then you are all set….Phew…! I need another cup of tea and back to studying EVERYTHING!

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 1,544 total)
  • The topic ‘BEC Study Group July August 2013 - Page 4’ is closed to new replies.