BEC Study Group July August 2013 - Page 3

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

I have a question that I hope you can help me with…. I purchased the Becker CD’s and installed them on my PC. I have taken and passed all but one of the exams (BEC left).. I was checking to see if my software was up to date and noticed an expiration date of November 2013.. Does this mean my software ( downloaded from my CD’s) will no longer work after November….or will it no longer be supported but I can still take practice exams and do study questions etc?

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 1,544 total)
  • Author
    Replies

AUD – 7.13.2013

BEC – 8.31.2013

FAR – TBD

REG – TBD

Studying Becker week 2. Working FT studying nights and weekends. Anyone have any unique tips. Flashcards worth it? Considering purchasing them.

AUD 07.13.13: 81
    BEC 08.31.13: 76
    FAR 12.06.13: 82
    REG 02.08.13: TBA

AUD – 7.13.2013

BEC – 8.31.2013

FAR – TBD

REG – TBD

Studying Becker week 2. Working FT studying nights and weekends. Anyone have any unique tips. Flashcards worth it? Considering purchasing them.

AUD 07.13.13: 81
    BEC 08.31.13: 76
    FAR 12.06.13: 82
    REG 02.08.13: TBA

Anonymous
    Inactive

@xuther I think you made it. But just incase, you don't need to buy new study material. You can print out updates from the wiley wesite and the becker website for free. The Becker update also have additional questions you can print our yourself or save in your computer. If you need extra practice questions go cpa for free. I compared my Wiley 2011 book and 2013 books nothing much changed except for 3 extra questions and the Corp gov updates from wiley site. And the questions came from the AICPA release questions available for free in pdf from the Becker website under resources update or google AICPA released questions for 2011, 2012 and 2013.

Let me know if you are succesfull in getting those updates, if not I will post the steps on how to get that material in details. I spend more time researching and preparing to study than doing the actual deed.

To everyone else all I can say is undertand your material instead of memorizing the mcq and materials. I went in thinking I knew something I walked thinking OMG what have I done.

Cheers!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@xuther I think you made it. But just incase, you don't need to buy new study material. You can print out updates from the wiley wesite and the becker website for free. The Becker update also have additional questions you can print our yourself or save in your computer. If you need extra practice questions go cpa for free. I compared my Wiley 2011 book and 2013 books nothing much changed except for 3 extra questions and the Corp gov updates from wiley site. And the questions came from the AICPA release questions available for free in pdf from the Becker website under resources update or google AICPA released questions for 2011, 2012 and 2013.

Let me know if you are succesfull in getting those updates, if not I will post the steps on how to get that material in details. I spend more time researching and preparing to study than doing the actual deed.

To everyone else all I can say is undertand your material instead of memorizing the mcq and materials. I went in thinking I knew something I walked thinking OMG what have I done.

Cheers!!!

I plan on taking BEC on July 1st. I am finishing up Masters this summer and working on CPA exam. I have taken Audit twice (71,72). With everyone posting about having to retake BEC, this test has me very nervous!! I would like to have one exam passed before I start work in August. I am using Becker and Ninja notes.

I just started studying. I am hoping to have BEC 1 done by Friday evening. BEC seems like a LOT of memorize. In Becker, they keep saying “memorize” this. I am not good at memorizing things so I am very nervous. Does anyone have a method that works for them when it comes to memorizing?

@frank.barrie

I have the Becker note cards and plan on actually using them. My friends who have the note cards are passing and find it very useful. The note cards have a LOT of information on them. I am more of a re-write notes study person, so I am hoping to have enough time to re-write them.

If anyone has any advice or finds a great method of memorizing, please share!

I plan on taking BEC on July 1st. I am finishing up Masters this summer and working on CPA exam. I have taken Audit twice (71,72). With everyone posting about having to retake BEC, this test has me very nervous!! I would like to have one exam passed before I start work in August. I am using Becker and Ninja notes.

I just started studying. I am hoping to have BEC 1 done by Friday evening. BEC seems like a LOT of memorize. In Becker, they keep saying “memorize” this. I am not good at memorizing things so I am very nervous. Does anyone have a method that works for them when it comes to memorizing?

@frank.barrie

I have the Becker note cards and plan on actually using them. My friends who have the note cards are passing and find it very useful. The note cards have a LOT of information on them. I am more of a re-write notes study person, so I am hoping to have enough time to re-write them.

If anyone has any advice or finds a great method of memorizing, please share!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@JustWannaBeACPA — you said the evil word in BEC memorization, it works on the other parts but BEC depending on what you get on test day it might not get your far. Yes you can memorize the formulas but you have to understand the material and the formulas. In my opinion that makes BEC a different monster. I liken this to the lottery, luck and God handing out favors the day you take the exam. Just be well prepared and ask yourself what are they really asking me.

Buy a wiley book on Ebay 2011 book will be fine probably selling for 5 bucks. Look at the Mcq answers at the back and what I liked is that they state the requirement of the question and tell you why is correct. Also week before exam get the wiley test bank free try out for 24 hrs. The book mcq's are still better at explaining the problem.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@JustWannaBeACPA — you said the evil word in BEC memorization, it works on the other parts but BEC depending on what you get on test day it might not get your far. Yes you can memorize the formulas but you have to understand the material and the formulas. In my opinion that makes BEC a different monster. I liken this to the lottery, luck and God handing out favors the day you take the exam. Just be well prepared and ask yourself what are they really asking me.

Buy a wiley book on Ebay 2011 book will be fine probably selling for 5 bucks. Look at the Mcq answers at the back and what I liked is that they state the requirement of the question and tell you why is correct. Also week before exam get the wiley test bank free try out for 24 hrs. The book mcq's are still better at explaining the problem.

@Eliabraham — Thank you!

@Eliabraham — Thank you!

MCLKT
    Participant

Hi BEC Study Buddies!

Just took REG today and regardless of the score I will be sitting for BEC on 7/9.

Going to put my study schedule together tonight and start the videos tomorrow.

BEC is going down!

A:[73]97 F:[74]85 R:86 B:[74]82
    *NINJA 10 Pt. COMBO & Yaeger*

MCLKT
    Participant

Hi BEC Study Buddies!

Just took REG today and regardless of the score I will be sitting for BEC on 7/9.

Going to put my study schedule together tonight and start the videos tomorrow.

BEC is going down!

A:[73]97 F:[74]85 R:86 B:[74]82
    *NINJA 10 Pt. COMBO & Yaeger*

Shamir215
    Participant

I took BEC on Sunday for the first time amd it didnt seem to bad, however my last two sims were really really wordy, 4-5 liners wordy. I feel like I failed because I know for sure that I got two EASY question wrong. I took the exam 1hr earlier and I was going to review my notes I had with me, had I reviewed my notes I would have seen the simular question from the AICPA released question and would have gotten that question right. It was simple but I over though it. So I to will begin studying to finish this exam in July and be done!!!!

AUD 57,{75}
    REG 65,{78}
    FAR 64,68,72,{75}
    BEC 68,{78}
    Becker 1st Time Around in 2010. NOW, Becker MCQ's & Wiley TestBank W/Ninja Notes 2012-2013

Shamir215
    Participant

I took BEC on Sunday for the first time amd it didnt seem to bad, however my last two sims were really really wordy, 4-5 liners wordy. I feel like I failed because I know for sure that I got two EASY question wrong. I took the exam 1hr earlier and I was going to review my notes I had with me, had I reviewed my notes I would have seen the simular question from the AICPA released question and would have gotten that question right. It was simple but I over though it. So I to will begin studying to finish this exam in July and be done!!!!

AUD 57,{75}
    REG 65,{78}
    FAR 64,68,72,{75}
    BEC 68,{78}
    Becker 1st Time Around in 2010. NOW, Becker MCQ's & Wiley TestBank W/Ninja Notes 2012-2013

I guess the April/May study group thread is dead. I'm taking BEC on Friday and just finished Becker's first exam.

91s on all testlets, and I only attempted one out of three essays.

I feel the same way as I do before every section. If the questions are in my wheelhouse, then I'm good to go. But I also think there are some basic concepts that I'm not great on…and I can feasibly get pounded into oblivion.

For instance, COSO. I'm not studying it enough at all; I can't keep half of that frilly garbage straight.

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 1,544 total)
  • The topic ‘BEC Study Group July August 2013 - Page 3’ is closed to new replies.