BEC Study Group April May 2017 - Page 27

• Creator
    Topic
    jeff
    Keymaster

Welcome to the Q2 2017 CPA Exam Study Group for BEC. 🙂

Viewing 15 replies - 391 through 405 (of 471 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    HoldMyBeerCPA
    Participant

Thanks to the exam takers for the insight on the new exam. Given the new SIMS that will be on this, I have zero idea on how to prepare for them. I just did a round of SIMS with the Roger test bank, mind you this was the first chapter, and it took me 25 minutes just to get a 65% score.

Without asking for too much, do you feel as if you're software prepared you well enough for the SIMS you had?

Yolanda2017
    Participant

@Holly Your explanation makes sense. Thank you.

I took BEC today, and I agree that Becker presents us a different type of questions on BEC review. In addition, Becker doesn't involve some knowledge that appears in the real BEC exam. I have taken REG in April. I think Becker was great at preparing me for REG part.

dave
    Participant

I have to say, I am super grateful that another71 has this forum. It really make me feel like I am not alone on this arduous journey.

One thing that I have gathered from everyone's comments is that Becker seems to be slacking in their coverage of BEC material. Its great to know, @Yolanda2017, that REG has adequately prepared you for REG. That brings peace to mind when I begin preparing for REG (which will be next). However, I am a bit disappointed with their BEC course, especially since Becker is known to be a top tier.

I am wrapping up the last chapter in BEC using Becker, but I am not confident it will prepare me well enough for my exam on the 31st. I have ninja MCQ and I hope that can help bridge some of the gaps of the questions that might be asked on the actual exam.

Thanks again for all the feedback!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I take BEC next week after getting a 74 on it back in February. I did all I could for it this time around using Becker and feel prepared, but I'm freaking out now that I'm reading the test is apparently completely different from how Becker prepares you. Does anyone have tips for my last week going into the exam? I don't think I would be able to recover from another 74 lol I really want to pass this time!

marine
    Participant

Please, please, please, help!!!
    My test is tomorrow. I need to understand this question, otherwise, I will not sleep today.

Which of the following events would decrease the internal rate of return of a proposed asset purchase?

A Decrease tax credits on the asset.
    B Decrease related working capital requirements.
    C Shorten the payback period.
    D Use accelerated, instead of straight‐line depreciation.

An event that would decrease the internal rate of return would have to either decrease or extend the cash flows from, or increase the initial cost of, the investment. Answer A is correct because a decrease in tax credits would increase the initial cost of the investment.
    Using accelerated depreciation would result in less tax expense in the earlier years and, therefore, increase the rate of return.

I think that An event that would decrease the internal rate of return would have to either increase the cash flows from, or decrease the initial cost of, the investment.
    Because the formula is IRR=Init Investment/Annual Cash flows. and I think that answer D is correct.
    Why am I wrong????

marine
    Participant

I got it!!!
    I was thinking about P.V. factor, while the question is asking for %, which decrease when P.V. increase.

Holly
    Participant

Test tomorrow, then a three month wait…

BEC - 79
    REG - 85
    AUD - 5/27/16

HoldMyBeerCPA
    Participant

Good luck, Holly. Not that you'll need it, I'm certain you'll slay this beast!

Holly
    Participant

Thank you! And I hope you're right. Which section are you planning next?

BEC - 79
    REG - 85
    AUD - 5/27/16

YALA112
    Participant

No cash was received, so no gain is recognized.

My test is this upcoming Saturday and I am still freaking out. For those who already took the test are Becker’s SIMS similar to the ones in the test?

Thank you!

HoldMyBeerCPA
    Participant

@Holly I'll be taking AUD next in the first week of July.

I'm not feeling great about this exam after my first round of NINJA MCQs last night. I'm just going to hope for the best and act as if I passed this exam come the 31st.

A1lessio
    Participant

anyone doing the Becker Skills practice? I feel like it really helps you apply the knowledge.

AUD (08/02/2016)

Nutcracker2016
    Participant

https://j-j.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/CISA-Self-Assessment-all-answers-all-correct.pdf. Came up with this online. Thought it might be useful for people who are taking the test.

dave
    Participant

Thanks @nutcracker2016!

A1lessio
    Participant

thanks for the questions. will definitely look over if I have time.

Anyone check out cpareviewforfree I posted last week? They have about 550+ MCQs for BEC and I think they are helping me a lot. They are not as drawn out as the Becker ones, but more straight and to the point. I learned a lot of definitions and basic info I should know.

AUD (08/02/2016)

Viewing 15 replies - 391 through 405 (of 471 total)
  • The topic ‘BEC Study Group April May 2017 - Page 27’ is closed to new replies.