1 week left to study for BEC. Need advices!!!

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello everyone,

I’m going to take BEC in a week. However, I am studying chapter 5 now (I’m using Becker and they have 6 chapters) and I haven’t done any multiple choices of any chapters yet since I plan to read the book then work on the multiple choices.

I planned to have about 16 days to study full time for BEC but then a lot of things going on with my life in the last 2 weeks of August, I only have 9 days to study. I will take BEC anyways since my NTS will expire after August 31st.

Could you please give me advices on what I should focus now to really learn the material in this time crunch?

Thank you so much !!!!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Depending on your undergraduate background, place a lot of concentration on memorization of IT terms and variance material and cost accounting from the first two chapters.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@_Nick_: Thank you. Do you think it is important to finish all multiple choices questions or just focus on learning the concepts, since I'm afraid I don't have time to work on all multiple choices in Becker?

Anonymous
    Inactive

We are in the same boat! I am taking BEC on Saturday, but I am still just working on getting through these Becker chapters. I have also had some personal issues that took away much of my study time. I started working some of the m/c from the first couple of chapters, but they were just stressing me out. I am pretty sure that I won't pass this time around, but I figured I would cram as much as possible this week and just try my best.

h0wdyus

Read the chapters do the video questions.

FAR - 81 29th Aug 2013
    AUD - 84
    REG - 82
    BEC - 89 29th Aug 2014
    Using Yager

FROM NJ

Tux

CPANB –

I am testing BEC in one week also.

I also wonder how to best spend my time.

But, a basic rule is to do as many MCQ as possible.

So, go over and over and over the material via MCQ's

If there is an area you feel week in, then focus on that.

I have the understanding that the main topics are Governance, Cost, and I.T.

But, of course, anything is possible, so know as much as you can.

You can accomplish a lot in a week (or at least that's what I keep telling myself)

So, keep moving forward and cover as much as you can, and review as much as you can to keep old material fresh.

FAR - 86 - 2/27/14
    AUD - 75 - 5/29/14
    BEC - 80 - 8/31/14
    REG - 89 - 2/27/15
    Praise Jesus! I'm done!!

Study resources:
    Becker
    Wiley test bank

Anonymous
    Inactive

@h0wdyus: do you mean that I can skip some multiple choices practice but I shouldn't skip the video questions?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@cpa2geaux, @tux: Thank you for sharing guys. It's great to know I'm not alone. What I'm doing is I'm reading chapters, I don't watch videos. When I read the chapters, I only focus on highlight or underlined texts in the book and skim through parts without highlight. I plan to finish reading and work on multiple choices question as many as I can.

Peach1024

It may be a little late, but my advice is to do the MCQs right after reading each chapter. Otherwise by the time you get to the questions, they won't make sense…you'll have forgotten a great deal of what you read back in earlier chapters. Plus a lot of the information in BEC is formula memorization, which is really only cemented by practicing it over and over instead of just reading about it.

I took BEC a few weeks ago and passed with an 88, but I would not have passed if I hadn't practiced the MCQs. My exam covered information from all six chapters but if I absolutely had to narrow it down, I'd say B1, B2, and B4 were the most important on my particular exam. Of course, yours will be different!

AUD - 88
    REG - 76
    BEC - 88
    FAR - scheduled for 10/20/14

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks @Peach1024, I guess it will happen when I go back to chapter 1 and do MCQs. I definitely will read chapters again before I do the MCQs.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.