BEC- 8/22 experience

• Creator
    Topic
    shawn in VA
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I took BEC yesterday (8/22). 3rd time taking after 2 74’s in a row. Last time I took it was MAR 10. I got lucky when it came to IT. About 10 questions which half were in my study materials (roger , wiley , and cpareviewforfree.com). Only 2 totally left field IT questions which I narrowed down both times to 2 answers choices.

There was A BUNCH OF COSO questions as others have eluded to. I suggest to know this inside and out. at least 8 questions I got COSO

1st testlet was easy verging on easy-medium- flagged 4. 2nd testlet a solid medium – flagged 2. Oddly 2nd testlet VERY few calcs mostly conceptual. Any calcs in either testlet were straightforward

WC- 2 were very general and 1 was very specific. one could easily BS through the 2 general ones but the last one required thought .

SIMS-
    time consuming but fair. took me 1 hour 10 mins to go through them. lots of reading on the front cover but not many document reviews.

My time management was following–
    1 hour on 1st testlet 31 MCQs
    1 hour on 2nd testlet 31 MCQs
    1 hour 10 mins on the 4 SIMS
    50 mins on WC.
    Finished with about 1 min on clock on purpose reiviewed stuff carefully

Never felt rushed took my time. Hopiing for a pass on sept 22!!

AUD - 84
    BEC - 81
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 75
    AUD - 84

BEC-  81

REG-75

FAR- TBD

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Excel14
    Participant

@shawn:

So there are 4 SIMs on the BEC exam? I thought I read someplace that there were only 2? If I'm wrong, fantastic!!!

What do they call an accounting person, who only managed a 75 on all four parts of the CPA exam....you got it, CPA!!!

BEC (2/28/16) ----- 78
    FAR (09/10/16)-----
    AUD
    REG

CIA, CGAP, CFE

shawn in VA
    Participant

Yes. 4 on mine. .2 in testlet 2— and 2 in testlet 3. Very time consuming. Please note I did not do even do 1 sim as practice in my study materials so maybe you can go faster by a few mins but still lots to read and drop downs had lots of choices. 2 were math and 2 were theory.

AUD - 84
    BEC - 81
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 75
    AUD - 84

BEC-  81

REG-75

FAR- TBD

Excel14
    Participant

@shawn:

Well that really sucks!!! Like you, I'm using CPAexcel to study, and I think that they have a total of 9 SIMs for practice. Certainly not many to work on, that's for sure!!!

What do they call an accounting person, who only managed a 75 on all four parts of the CPA exam....you got it, CPA!!!

BEC (2/28/16) ----- 78
    FAR (09/10/16)-----
    AUD
    REG

CIA, CGAP, CFE

shawn in VA
    Participant

as you probably know SIMS are new for BEC as of April 1 so the review courses I THINK are must making stuff up for practice. I did not look at any SIMS in my review. No time and honestly since I have taken it 3 times now I really was just brushing up on things this time around . got 2 –74's before in a row

AUD - 84
    BEC - 81
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 75
    AUD - 84

BEC-  81

REG-75

FAR- TBD

Excel14
    Participant

@shawn:

I knew that there would be SIMs, but it just seems I was looking at the CPAexcel information about each exam's breakdown, and it only showed 2 SIMs on the BEC portion of the exam. But, okay. I'll try to do the best I can to prepare, but there aren't many in CPAexcel, and they already are failing to grade the 2 I did properly. Of course their poor technical support is a topic of another conversation.

BEC (2/28/16) ----- 78
    FAR (09/10/16)-----
    AUD
    REG

CIA, CGAP, CFE

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.