BEC 3/3/2019 - Page 2

• Creator
    Topic
    baylor.bear95
    Participant

So I took BEC today and it was my first CPA exam I’ve taken. For background, I went in feeling fairly confident. I was trending around 84% on ninja and got an 87% on my last Becker mock exam. I didn’t think the test was all that bad, I think I noticed a difference in testlet 2. The questions werent super hard overall, but could tell they were trying to throw curveballs. Of the MCQ, one I had no idea how to do and then handful of others I had them narrowed down.

The sims were another thing, one of the four I had absolutely no idea how to do. It was never tested or practiced in any of my reviews and I literally just filled in random numbers. The other 3 were reasonable so I’m hoping the first was a pretest and gets thrown out.

The WC section weren’t as simple topics as the ones I had practiced for which I knew the buzzwords they were looking for. So we’ll see how that section shakes out.

Based on experiences I’ve read about I’m not feeling super confident, but if they throw out my bad sim then I feel like I should safely pass.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 96
    FAR - 92
    REG - 89
    2 to go
Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Bobsacajawillie
    Participant

OOPS disregard that last one, it was the one pending somewhere in the middle. Sorry again!

AUD - 81
    BEC - 86
    FAR - 79
    REG - 81
    Fly you fools!
    TommyL
    Participant

You guys should be fine. I took BEC last month and felt like i failed. I literally spent 5+ minutes on the first question because I had no idea what it was asking, needless to say that was a huge blow to my confidence going forward. In the end I forced myself to blindly guess at least 10 multiple choice questions just so I don't run out of time. The written portion was another huge kick in the gut. I remember for one of them I wrote only 5 or 6 sentences and half of it were greetings and thank you's.

AUD - 81
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 78
    REG - 86
    Goals
    baylor.bear95
    Participant

Just an update, I passed with a 96!

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 96
    FAR - 92
    REG - 89
    2 to go
Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.