Taking AUD on 2/27 – should i check my FAR score that i took back in 1/21? - Page 2

• Creator
    Topic

Hi, I’m a CA candidate. My FAR score should be out tomorrow. I’m not sure if i should check my score tomorrow or wait until i finish with AUD test on Thursday 2/27. I don’t think I would pass FAR. It was brutal when i took it on 1/21. I walked out feeling defeated. I guessed a lot of MCQ and left one SIM (research question) blank. My fear is knowing that i fail might discourage me from focusing on AUD. But not knowing might distract me more. Should i just check it and get it over with?

BEC - 10/1/13 PASS
    REG - 12/6/13 PASS
    FAR - 1/21/14 PASS
    AUD - 2/27/14 PASS

Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Ended up checking FAR score… I found out that not knowing really messed with my head. I can't really concentrate on AUD study this morning. So i gave in and checked it. Good news i passed FAR. I guess I can't really tell how the result is going to turn out from the exam experience.

BEC - 10/1/13 PASS
    REG - 12/6/13 PASS
    FAR - 1/21/14 PASS
    AUD - 2/27/14 PASS

F15hy

Congrats on passing FAR! That's awesome! You're almost done 🙂

CA Candidate

B-79 (4th Attempt, finally killed you Nov 2013)
    A-81 (3rd Attempt, Feb 2014) AND I AM DONE!!!!!
    R-80 (1st Attempt, Feb 2013)
    F-77 (2nd attempt, Jan 2014)

Becker, Becker Final Review, NINJA 10-Point Combo
    ($M.O.B$)

CA Ethics-92%

F15hy

Congrats on passing FAR! That's awesome! You're almost done 🙂

CA Candidate

B-79 (4th Attempt, finally killed you Nov 2013)
    A-81 (3rd Attempt, Feb 2014) AND I AM DONE!!!!!
    R-80 (1st Attempt, Feb 2013)
    F-77 (2nd attempt, Jan 2014)

Becker, Becker Final Review, NINJA 10-Point Combo
    ($M.O.B$)

CA Ethics-92%

Everyone is different. I was taking BEC, and AUD scores (which I'd just taken for the second time) came out a couple days before the exam. I looked at my score, as I felt pretty good about my exam when I left. It turned out that I had failed audit for the second time with zero improvement.

I stress out about exams big time. This has always been true, long before I started the CPA exam.

I also didn't feel like I'd studied sufficiently for BEC. So, when I walked into BEC, I went in expecting a fail. Because I was so sure I'd fail, I mostly went for the practice so my exam fees wouldn't be a TOTAL waste. Since I went in with that mindset, I actually never got anxious during the whole exam, even when I got questions I had no clue about. BEC actually ended up being the first section that I passed, and I really think it's because the pressure was off.

Obviously, I am a total weirdo, but if you are anything at all like me, you might want to check your score.

Courtney

BEC - 79, 75 DONE!!!
    AUD - 70,70, 74, 74, 78
    REG - 83
    FAR - 79

Everyone is different. I was taking BEC, and AUD scores (which I'd just taken for the second time) came out a couple days before the exam. I looked at my score, as I felt pretty good about my exam when I left. It turned out that I had failed audit for the second time with zero improvement.

I stress out about exams big time. This has always been true, long before I started the CPA exam.

I also didn't feel like I'd studied sufficiently for BEC. So, when I walked into BEC, I went in expecting a fail. Because I was so sure I'd fail, I mostly went for the practice so my exam fees wouldn't be a TOTAL waste. Since I went in with that mindset, I actually never got anxious during the whole exam, even when I got questions I had no clue about. BEC actually ended up being the first section that I passed, and I really think it's because the pressure was off.

Obviously, I am a total weirdo, but if you are anything at all like me, you might want to check your score.

Courtney

BEC - 79, 75 DONE!!!
    AUD - 70,70, 74, 74, 78
    REG - 83
    FAR - 79

Kimboroni

Way to go, StudyforCPA2014!

Hopefully you won't find that passing is just as distracting as not knowing! I actually considered score releases in making my study/testing plan after finding how distracted I was after I got my AUD score. It seems silly now. But it was my first one, and I was super excited! I imagine I'll probably be just as distracted on any other score release, though. They make us wait so long!

okay, get back to studying, StudyforCPA2014 🙂

AUD 84 (1/9/14-Wiley books/TB + free materials)
    FAR 83 (5/21/14-the above + NINJA 10 Pt Combo Lite)
    REG 84 (7/9/14-Wiley books/TB + NINJA Audio/FC/Notes)
    BEC 76 (10/5/14-Wiley books/TB + NINJA Audio/FC)

Disclaimer: My ninja avatar is not meant to imply that I have any affiliation with this site other than being a forum member. That's a pic of a T-shirt that my daughter gave me for my birthday. 🙂

Kimboroni

Way to go, StudyforCPA2014!

Hopefully you won't find that passing is just as distracting as not knowing! I actually considered score releases in making my study/testing plan after finding how distracted I was after I got my AUD score. It seems silly now. But it was my first one, and I was super excited! I imagine I'll probably be just as distracted on any other score release, though. They make us wait so long!

okay, get back to studying, StudyforCPA2014 🙂

AUD 84 (1/9/14-Wiley books/TB + free materials)
    FAR 83 (5/21/14-the above + NINJA 10 Pt Combo Lite)
    REG 84 (7/9/14-Wiley books/TB + NINJA Audio/FC/Notes)
    BEC 76 (10/5/14-Wiley books/TB + NINJA Audio/FC)

Disclaimer: My ninja avatar is not meant to imply that I have any affiliation with this site other than being a forum member. That's a pic of a T-shirt that my daughter gave me for my birthday. 🙂

Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.